S.Korea - 2023-2024 V-League (Women)

• Why would his citizenship affect his being a coach... they didn't want to pay for his visa and other costs?

I don't doubt that but I'm confused why it would lead to the dissolution of his contract

They didnt get him a visa. They wanted him to get Korean citizenship (which wasnt in his contract). He didnt want any sort of military service (I dont know the rules). There were also behind the scenes problems with management and their promises to him and the team.

• They didnt get him a visa. They wanted him to get Korean citizenship (which wasnt in his contract). He didnt want any sort of military service (I dont know the rules). There were also behind the scenes problems with management and their promises to him and the team.

Appreciate the very interesting insight:teach:

I hope Korean media picks up on that and doesn't get bribed by the club to keep quiet on it lol

For a club that's willing to pay 330 million krw for a sub-par setter and 775 million krw for Park Jeongah, messing up during Free Agency and losing their main setter & trading her back again, wanting to sign with Lee Jaeyeong last season but retracting it after testing the waters in the media...

What a problematic new club

It's a pity fans were looking forward to a new club in the league

• AI Peppers recruited Jo Trinsey as new head coach (source)

Another American coach

Do you know him? Good or bad? Maybe avid or brahmin know him

• And the player purge continues.

Pink Spiders lets go of their 5 players (including Park Sangmi who has been relegated as the 3rd libero in PK since Haeran came back to play)

Peppers also lets go 4 of their players including fan favorite Lee Hyun, and my personal fave Goo Sool :'(

• Kim Juha quits volleyball ahead of the 2023/2024 season. She was a pretty above average player but not really worth as starting except when they needed a good receiver/or as a second libero when Yeonggyeong was injured.

Wishing her all the best for her future endeavours!

• So I just saw IBK had a player "purge"; they've let go some of their rookies, and shockingly Chae Soobin (and my fave Lee Jin):

It seems IBK is preparing for the rookie draft, but still sad the 3 rookies from last year never got to play decent sets.

Lee Jin also my fave but she is more idol player than a dependable player...really surprised they let go of chae soobin

• Lee Jin also my fave but she is more idol player than a dependable player...really surprised they let go of chae soobin

I really like her when she played in high school with Lee Da Hyeon and Park Hyeon Joo. I really like her setting style, especially her connection with Lee Da Hyeon during those days. I used to think these 3 as well were "idol" material because they're all really cute (and really good players as well). Sad only Hyeon Joo and Da Hyeon are playing in the league now.

G3gAdLQ.png

• It's confirmed: Ahn Hyejin is injured and may take 8 months to rehabilitate. She'll miss out on most of this year's club season:

We been knew this is most likely the reason why they replaced their Asian quarter player from Indonesia with a Thai setter, but still weird that GS Caltex didn't anticipate 1.) getting a setter beforehand or 2.) as some Korean fans mentioned, keeping Lee Won Jeong with the team. Ahn Hye Jin has been injured since last season according to reports (which is the reason why Jiwon became a starting player) so they should have known better.

• It's confirmed: Ahn Hyejin is injured and may take 8 months to rehabilitate. She'll miss out on most of this year's club season:

We been knew this is most likely the reason why they replaced their Asian quarter player from Indonesia with a Thai setter, but still weird that GS Caltex didn't anticipate 1.) getting a setter beforehand or 2.) as some Korean fans mentioned, keeping Lee Won Jeong with the team. Ahn Hye Jin has been injured since last season according to reports (which is the reason why Jiwon became a starting player) so they should have known better.

sads

• Details for the upcoming Gumi-Doduram KOVO Cup:

Date: July 29 to August 13, 2023 (July 29 - August 5, 2023 for the Women's Division; August 6 to 13 for the Men's Division)

Invited foreign teams to play in the cup: Supreme Chonburi (Thailand) for the women's team, and Panasonic Panthers (Japan) for the men's Team.

Hopefully, Pleumjit plays in the cup, and my fave Malika :)

• Here are the upcoming Gumi-Doduram KOVO Cup Match schedules:

Group A

July 29

Korean Expressway Hi-Pass vs Peppers Savings Bank (13:30 KST)

Hyundai Hillstate vs Daejeon KGC (16:00 KST)

July 31

Peppers Savings Bank vs. Hyundai Hillstate (15:30 KST)

Daejeon KGC vs Korean Expressway Hi-Pass (19:00 KST)

August 2

Peppers Savings Bank vs. Daejeon KGC (15:30 KST)

Korean Expressway Hi-Pass vs. Hyundai Hillstate (19:00 KST)

Group B

July 30

GS Caltex vs. Supreme Chonburi (13:30 KST)

Pink Spiders vs. IBK Altos (16:00 KST)

August 1

IBK Altos vs. GS Caltex (15:30 KST)

Supreme Chonburi vs. Pink Spiders (19:00 KST)

August 3

Pink Spiders vs. GS Caltex (15:30 KST)

IBK Altos vs. Supreme Chonburi (19:00 KST)