S.Korea - 2023-2024 V-League (Women)

• Hillstate has to do something if they don't want to keep the losing trend, despite Jung JY return.

Peppers is really can only rely on Jasmeen on attack.. Park JA is getting worse, not just in NT. Is she already pass her prime?

Park Hae Mi keep getting better and better. I wonder if she's going to back to bench once their highest overpaid player (Lee So Young) back from injury...:D

• Hillstate has to do something if they don't want to keep the losing trend, despite Jung JY return.

Peppers is really can only rely on Jasmeen on attack.. Park JA is getting worse, not just in NT. Is she already pass her prime?

Park Hae Mi keep getting better and better. I wonder if she's going to back to bench once their highest overpaid player (Lee So Young) back from injury...:D

The problem with Hillstate is that they are also quite predictable and the difference between their bench players and starting players is jarring. They have Lee Nayeon as a substitute setter but she's also not stable (despite playing in the league for almost 10 years now). Kim Dain can't carry the setting responsibility all throughout the whole league - she sets predictably due to mental fatigue probably.

Peppers are getting better each year, but not enough to be competitive, unfortunately. They have good MBs (Asian Quarter - MJ) and some aspiring OHs, but I agree that Park Jeong Ah is past her prime. She's paid even more than some players in Italy and Turkey but her level of competitiveness is very low. It would be better if Peppers invested in new OHs like Park Eunseo moving forward.

Hyemin has always been a good defensive OH, but she's a little weak in attack. This year she is getting better. I personally don't think Lee So Young is similar to Park Jeong Ah, at least her defense is really good. Overpaid by a bit probably. :whistle:

I think it will be a long time before Lee So Young is back, I believe based on previous reports she'll recover by December-time or by next year depending on her condition.

• Hyemin has always been a good defensive OH, but she's a little weak in attack. This year she is getting better. I personally don't think Lee So Young is similar to Park Jeong Ah, at least her defense is really good. Overpaid by a bit probably. :whistle:

I think it will be a long time before Lee So Young is back, I believe based on previous reports she'll recover by December-time or by next year depending on her condition.

What makes her overpaid for me is her prone to injury.. Even when she was in Kixx she couldn't play full season without injury every season. And her injury is the kind that take long to rest (few months or so)... Luckily, Kixx succeeded in raising Kang So Hwi to back her, and now replace her... My personal opinion, she's kind of "overweight" for a VB player, that put more pressure to her legs, hence the injuries..

Well, I hope Hye Min keep improving....

• It seems that Red Spark's current popularity with Indonesian fans has spurred some kind of reaction:

It seems some Indonesian fans show placards supporting political candidates during matches with Red Sparks, which some Indonesian fans frown upon. Also, it seems some of them don't follow cheering etiquette (which is common in Korean and even Japanese leagues) during matches. It's good though that KOVO is taking action against it, but I also hope Indonesian fans don't feel alienated about it.

• What makes her overpaid for me is her prone to injury.. Even when she was in Kixx she couldn't play full season without injury every season. And her injury is the kind that take long to rest (few months or so)... Luckily, Kixx succeeded in raising Kang So Hwi to back her, and now replace her... My personal opinion, she's kind of "overweight" for a VB player, that put more pressure to her legs, hence the injuries..

Well, I hope Hye Min keep improving...

So many player are overweight, must cut on late night snack and ramyeon lol.

• Hyundai 3:1 Red Sparks,

Sets one to three were close, but in the middle of set 4, Hyundai appeared to step up their performance and lead till the end :thumbup:

throwawayanyway ... at one stage, I thought I saw a left handed OP on the Hyundai team. I'm not sure if it was Choi Ho-san? :|

Yes, very good performance by Hyundai. Their block was working against Red Sparks, especially Megawati. And now Jeong Jiyun is back to play.

The left-handed OPP might be Na Hyunsoo, I saw her play on the 3rd set. She's quite good; she plays OPP sometimes and Middle Blocker. Unfortunately, Hosun hasn't played yet.

• It seems that Red Spark's current popularity with Indonesian fans has spurred some kind of reaction:

It seems some Indonesian fans show placards supporting political candidates during matches with Red Sparks, which some Indonesian fans frown upon. Also, it seems some of them don't follow cheering etiquette (which is common in Korean and even Japanese leagues) during matches. It's good though that KOVO is taking action against it, but I also hope Indonesian fans don't feel alienated about it.

I agree with KOVO.. It's in election campaign year here in Indonesia now. I think some of those candidates' supporters "infiltrate" the genuine VB fans and make use the mega publicity.. I feel sorry for those K-fans and others that feel disturbed by the "unruly" supporters....

Hillstate seems starting to find their play.. With Jung JY back in line, they have to re-establish their team as the queens of blockers and quick attacks... ...

• What a win for Peppers :cheesy:

You said before, whoever wins the 4th, had the momentum and usually win the 5th (for this season ?) ...but Peppers still needed to work hard for this, GS were leading 8-7, but Peppers turned it around to win 15-11.

Yes funny enough their last win was from a 5 set game as well with Hi-Pass. I hope they don't do it too much because Yasmeen has a history of injury.