S.Korea - 2023-2024 V-League (Women)

• The K league is turning out to be the most exciting league around :cheesy:

sitenoise oops, of course some J League matches are equally exciting :)

LOLs ... We had a couple Tie Breakers tonight that were good matches, but they were not broadcast quality streams to watch :white: ... you know, like the one where someone holds up their iPhone in front of the camera so you know the score :rolll:

Also had one 75–38 match and a 75–45 match :aww:

• Despite the really good game between the 2 teams it seems none of their fans are satisfied. Pink Spider fans are mad about the ball distribution (always setting to KYK; setting gets shaky after a while) and Hyundai fans are mad that none of the starting 6 have changed for the past 3 years except the Asian quarter, making them predictable.

Funny enough it seems clubs stopped blocking comments on IG lol

• Pink Spider fans are mad about the ball distribution (always setting to KYK; setting gets shaky after a while)

... weren't her fans complaining that KYK didn't get enough sets for the past few years? They used to brag about her high success rate and complain that the setter was being unfair and not setting to KYK enough and always setting to the foreigner

Now they're complaining she's being set too much when its just the same amount setters often set to foreign players - there's really no satisfying her blind fans

• ... weren't her fans complaining that KYK didn't get enough sets for the past few years? They used to brag about her high success rate and complain that the setter was being unfair and not setting to KYK enough and always setting to the foreigner

Now they're complaining she's being set too much when its just the same amount setters often set to foreign players - there's really no satisfying her blind fans

They said Pink Spider fans not KYK fans? are you saying that all PS fans are only Kim's fans?

• They said Pink Spider fans not KYK fans? are you saying that all PS fans are only Kim's fans?

Well, actually a large number of Pink Spider fans are KYK fans :D

... weren't her fans complaining that KYK didn't get enough sets for the past few years? They used to brag about her high success rate and complain that the setter was being unfair and not setting to KYK enough and always setting to the foreigner

Well, I think because Kim is not getting younger now and may eventually retire after this year, that's why many of the comments are saying it this way (she could get injured before the league ends, etc.). It's one of the major problems in team sports when one member is infinitely bigger than the rest of the team, with a lot of inconsistent and biased opinions. :white:

• They said Pink Spider fans not KYK fans? are you saying that all PS fans are only Kim's fans?

It's a very straightforward and simple yes to that question of yours, and anyone else who follows the league will tell you the same too

Korea (or Asia in general) tends to have significantly more fans of individual players > club fans (myself included!)

The previous group of PS fans were largely LJY fans for the 7 years she played there as ace, but now she has been ousted from the club

Cho Songhwa's fans made up a number of PS fans as well but she was traded away and now out of the league.

Not an exaggeration to say that Kim's fans aren't just PS fans but 90% of the leagues' fans right now

The viewership and match attendance has dropped a lot this season compared to the past few years & Olympic high/peak they once reached

• Well, actually a large number of Pink Spider fans are KYK fans :D

Korea (or Asia in general) tends to have significantly more fans of individual players > club fans (myself included!)

This is true for me also, I've been a fan of KYK for many years. When Kim joined the Shanghai team a few years ago, it became one of my favourite teams in the CVL :lol:

And it's the same for the other leagues, I always look for teams where my favourite players are playing :heart:

• Hyundai 3:0 IBK (25-19, 25-13, 25-22)

Moma is the MVP, but all the attackers did well for Hyundai today. Some excellent setting by Kim Da-in helped. She distributed the ball around to Moma, Wipawee, Jeong Ji-Yun and the MB Yang Hyo-Jin. Yang and the other MB Lee Da-Hyeong also impressed with their blocking.

I’m becoming a big fan of Kim Da-in, her accurate jump sets.. a joy to watch :cheesy:

• Hyundai 3:0 IBK (25-19, 25-13, 25-22)

Moma is the MVP, but all the attackers did well for Hyundai today. Some excellent setting by Kim Da-in helped. She distributed the ball around to Moma, Wipawee, Jeong Ji-Yun and the MB Yang Hyo-Jin. Yang and the other MB Lee Da-Hyeong also impressed with their blocking.

I’m becoming a big fan of Kim Da-in, her accurate jump sets.. a joy to watch :cheesy:

Yes, Dain is probably the most stable setter in the league. A close second would be from GS Caltex, both Kim JiWon and Ahn Hyejin (who is unfortunately injured). Moma is also more active in this game; in previous games, she was a bit lackluster. Overall they really studied IBK well.

• Yes, Dain is probably the most stable setter in the league. A close second would be from GS Caltex, both Kim JiWon and Ahn Hyejin (who is unfortunately injured). Moma is also more active in this game; in previous games, she was a bit lackluster. Overall they really studied IBK well.

Interesting.. I think some people say that Ahn Hye Jin is "unstable" mentally, depending on her mood... That's why she rarely called for NT, even when her club won the league.

For Kim Da In, her stint as full 2 yrs back up for LDY paid off. She kind of "absorbs" LDY style and adjusted it with her own physique.. Especially the quick set and the "jump backward set" that really like LDY .She also improve the "run around set" (emergency set where the setter in hard position to set) which is LDY trade mark. She's the best in the league for the last 2 seasons. I hope she can maintain her performance and improve it as well.