CEV Champions League 2024

• After the surprise, that Russia (and Belorus) are still banned from the European Cups despite a Russia friendly Serbian presidentship and most powerful associations are also more pro than against Russia, we can tell now most (pool stage) participants of the competition to come, the complete draw also of pool stage will be already in July 2023 on 19th:

ITA: Imoco CONEGLIANO, Vero Volley MILANO, Savino del Bene SCANDICCI

TUR: Fenerbahce, Eczacisbasi and VakifBank, all from ISTANBUL (defending champions VakifBank less high positioned in the draw therefore)

POL: LKS Commercecon LODZ, DeveloRes RZESZOW, Budowlani LODZ (the latter inherits a berth from RUS)

FRA: Volero LE CANNET, MULHOUSE

GER: Allianz MTV STUTTGART, SC POTSDAM

UKR: ??? (Prometey DNJEPRO withdraw in the hosting Czech Extraleague in the last season 2023, it is not clear, if they will be ready or so)

BUL: Maritza PLOVDIV

CZE: Kralovo Pole BRNO

To get 18 for pool stage, some more will be (possibly) in, first of those are:

HUN: Vasas BUDAPEST

SLO: Calcit KAMNIK

and if required

FIN: Pölkky KUUSAMO

Qualification phase of first rounds with additional teams from lower ranked leagues will start at begin of October, the pool stage at begin of November.

• Without all the (war) turbulences Ukraine might have sent Prometey Dnjepro and Yuchny, but both are non-existant now, I fear, and the others are rather weak (and Russia would have not be banned too of course).

• YQD720.jpg

Teams playing in qualfiications:

Asterix Avo (BEL)

OK Gacko (BIH)

Mladost Zagreb (CRO)

Kralovo Pole (CZE)

CV Gran Canaria (ESP)

Hapoel Kfar Saba (ISR)

OK Herceg Novi (MNE)
    Alba Blaj (ROU)

• Does anyone know Why Vakifbank in cup II ??

• They placed 3rd in the national championship

thanks for the explanation… I thought CEV had a proper ranking .. quite strange the reining champion in cup II.

• DOL results

Pool A

Vero Volley Milano

Vakifbank

Mulhouse

Stara Pazova

Pool B

Eczacibasi

Savino del Bene Scandicci

Maritza Plovdiv

Vasas Obuda

Pool C

Fenerbahce

Budowlani Łódź

SC Potsdam

Calcit Kamnik

Pool D

Imoco Conegliano

Developres Rzeszów

Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Qualification Winner Team

Pool E

ŁKS Łódź

Volero Le Cannet

Prometey Dnipro

Qualification Runner-Up Team

• Pools C, D and E looks more balanced. I don’t like the idea of best 3 second places…

• Great... I'll be able to go and see SdB Scandicci vs Eczacibasi and, obviously, I'll be rooting for Eczacibasi... :D:D:D

Scandicci :down: