CEV Champions League 2024

• This is what everone said last January as well. Including Vakifbank management themselves who decided to get new players. Yet a couple of months later the won another CL title

that was clearly questionable when they let egonu go even mid or before the season ends. But this season, you have JT in replace to Egonu who isn't on the same level. We saw how she played this vnl. i hope they prove as wrong again. Their OHs transfers are better for me. I am more concern about their Opp position.

• that was clearly questionable when they let egonu go even mid or before the season ends. But this season, you have JT in replace to Egonu who isn't on the same level. We saw how she played this vnl. i hope they prove as wrong again. Their OHs transfers are better for me. I am more concern about their Opp position.

And Gabi is not herself, She is still the best but far from that shape 2season ago….

that was clearly questionable when they let egonu go even mid or before the season ends. But this season, you have JT in replace to Egonu who isn't on the same level. We saw how she played this vnl. i hope they prove as wrong again. Their OHs transfers are better for me. I am more concern about their Opp position.

NT is an other thing. See what Thompson did in the semifinals and in finals in Italy... She was AMAZING

• As far as I know Vakıf went for Vargas in the middle of the season. I think “Turkish” Vargas makes more sense for every Turkish team. She is one of the best OPP, maybe the best and is Turkish. When Egonu learned this news, she looked her offers and signed to Milano. Fenerbahçe increased Vargas’s salary and could keep her and accepted to have her for a half season. So Vakıf found themselves in a terrible situation and they even asked Boskovic but she stayed in Eczacibasi also. They also tried to have Sytsiak but she signed to Fener. So they had to go for Thompson. She was fifth on Vakıf’s list.

• As far as I know Vakıf went for Vargas in the middle of the season. I think “Turkish” Vargas makes more sense for every Turkish team. She is one of the best OPP, maybe the best and is Turkish. When Egonu learned this news, she looked her offers and signed to Milano. Fenerbahçe increased Vargas’s salary and could keep her and accepted to have her for a half season. So Vakıf found themselves in a terrible situation and they even asked Boskovic but she stayed in Eczacibasi also. They also tried to have Sytsiak but she signed to Fener. So they had to go for Thompson. She was fifth on Vakıf’s list.

Maybe the sixth. I remember that Vakif also wanted Kiera Van Ryk even before Stysiak.

• Maybe the sixth. I remember that Vakif also wanted Kiera Van Ryk even before Stysiak.

These declining from top players started when vakifbank did not renew haak despite of her very good performance and winning almost all trophies during her last season and instead they go with egonu and now they did not even renew her and probably her decision as well.

• These declining from top players started when vakifbank did not renew haak despite of her very good performance and winning almost all trophies during her last season and instead they go with egonu and now they did not even renew her and probably her decision as well.

Yes it was a very bad and greedy move by vakıf. Haak was not their problem and she was already 3rd best opposite in the world while not being very far behind from other two. Thompson is not even top 10 Opp, fragile as Folie. Good luck with her

Yes it was a very bad and greedy move by vakıf. Haak was not their problem and she was already 3rd best opposite in the world while not being very far behind from other two. Thompson is not even top 10 Opp, fragile as Folie. Good luck with her

Why third? I mean she beat at least Boskovic in club season and she play better from Egonu in WCC final. I think that she was the perfect player for them. Also despite the fact that she adapted herself perfect in Imoco I think that Paola was fitting better in this team. Anyway about Thompson we will see....

• Yes it was a very bad and greedy move by vakıf. Haak was not their problem and she was already 3rd best opposite in the world while not being very far behind from other two. Thompson is not even top 10 Opp, fragile as Folie. Good luck with her

This season they don't have other options other than thompson. Now, it's a good opportunity for JT to improve, i remember when gio signed haak there were alot of doubts and qualificationing why they signed her a big contract and it was worth it, they won alot of trophies with her. I hope this happen to jordan as well.

• This season they don't have other options other than thompson. Now, it's a good opportunity for JT to improve, i remember when gio signed haak there were alot of doubts and qualificationing why they signed her a big contract and it was worth it, they won alot of trophies with her. I hope this happen to jordan as well.

Haak was already very promising young players so it actually made a lot of sense at that time to hire her. However it is not the case with Thompson, she is not young, she had a few good matches here and there but lacks consistency big time, also she is very injury prone. She got big contracts in big clubs but she was almost always disappointing

• Haak was already very promising young players so it actually made a lot of sense at that time to hire her. However it is not the case with Thompson, she is not young, she had a few good matches here and there but lacks consistency big time, also she is very injury prone. She got big contracts in big clubs but she was almost always disappointing

Thompson isn’t THAT bad but yes she isn’t the most consistent player who can score 20/30+ in every matches. Even so, she was already the best one Vakif could sign after all other options rejected them. Also Thompson won’t stay for another season no matter how she performs in Vakif, as she has already signed for LOVB which targets to start after Paris.

• Alba Blaj join to group E

Asterix Beveren joint to Group D.

• I suspect, that at least motivation in Alba Blaj wasn't high against Asterix in the decisive match regarding pool win; while Asterix would never let go a match intentionally, this was IMHO too one sided and Alba Blaj was likely tempted to get the far easier main pool in the CL by losing... Asterix has now to play Conegliano, Stuttgart and Rzeszow, while Alba Blaj managed to get only Volero, LKS Lodz (weak season start) and Prometey...

• I saw on Instagram that Ana Cristina played in the end of third set.