CEV Champions League 2024

• About the MVP award 🇸🇪 Isabelle Haak;

"I don't know if I deserved it today, but overall I'm happy with how the team did. 🇺🇸 Kathryn came on the scene in the 5th set and made sure we won."

I agree with you. Not a fan but this season Plummer has proven herself and has improved tremendously. If it's not her and Kelsey as starters for the NT season then Kiraly doesnt want to win gold.

• And I think it is quite unfair, all the comparison of Gabi & Cook this season. Both a great, impactful players but their situation is completely different. Gabi literally is the go to player on many occasions, plus having to cover in receiving and defense. Cook is in a very good system with Plummer, Haak, and their amazing MBs duo.

Though I am wondering how crazy a team could be if they have Gabi + Cook on the same team. 😂

• Post by KVB ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • I think you guys are underestimating Egonu and overestimating Antropova based on one month of performance. Antropova was great the season before but she flopped in big games with nt. Until I see her not crumbling in clutch times with nt this summer, I would be careful comparing her with egonu. Yes Egonu played bad today but it is just one final and people are already cancelling her🤦 I still think Egonu will be the starter in NT and she should

Sorry not sorry but:

As someone that doesn't watch Italian league and just saw Italian teams performing in CL.

I can't even necessarily say Antropova looked so good this season 😬 saw she has a good few matches in Italian thread though and Egonu is certainly not in her peak form and this one match I guess was enough to say she is worse than her to some even though she has a way worse setter as well.

People can't wait to see Egonu crumble... But I will say this, nothing I've seen from Antropova (yet) proved me she is one of the big guns: Boskovic, Egonu, Vargas, Haak. I even felt she got a lot of comfort from playing alongside players like Zhu and Maja, these four names generally have dominating court personalities which make them such good leaders.

• Post by yudeko ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Antropova was average initially during this season, more or less the entire regular phase, but finished off in outstanding fashion. She was almost on par with Haak in the play-off series, averaging over 20 pts per game on roughly 50% in attack and also dominating from the service line. In relation to Egonu she is less error-prone as an attacker. She did lack some power prior to this season, which made it difficult for her against teams such as Turkey, but against Conegliano in this years final she was dispatching rockets and bombs on court. Anyway, Egonus ceiling is higher than Antropovas, still.

Her serve is, along with Arinas, the most lethal and dangerous in the world atm. Moreover, she is also one of the preeminent blockers in the league. In the playoffs she actually scored more blocks than Marina Lubian. And her floor defense is out of this world for someone of her immense stature. Overall, I would say she has the potential to be, and perhaps already is, the most complete OPP in modern volleyball. I mean, she is a player with a very solid grasp of the fundamentals of the game, and someone of her versatility is rather rare to encounter.

The battle of Egonu vs Antropova is extremely tricky, because Egonu has the higher ceiling and more experience whereas Antropova has the superior stability and the versatility with a more diverse skillset. Hence the decision ought to be based on the technical matchup, i.e depending on opponent. I hardly believe anyone of them will be permanently on the bench.

• Antropova was average initially during this season, more or less the entire regular phase, but finished off in outstanding fashion. She was almost on par with Haak in the play-off series, averaging over 20 pts per game on roughly 50% in attack and also dominating from the service line. In relation to Egonu she is less error-prone as an attacker. She did lack some power prior to this season, which made it difficult for her against teams such as Turkey, but against Conegliano in this years final she was dispatching rockets and bombs on court. Anyway, Egonus ceiling is higher than Antropovas, still.

Her serve is, along with Arinas, the most lethal and dangerous in the world atm. Moreover, she is also one of the preeminent blockers in the league. In the playoffs she actually scored more blocks than Marina Lubian. And her floor defense is out of this world for someone of her immense stature. Overall, I would say she has the potential to be, and perhaps already is, the most complete OPP in modern volleyball. I mean, she is a player with a very solid grasp of the fundamentals of the game, and someone of her versatility is rather rare to encounter.

The battle of Egonu vs Antropova is extremely tricky, because Egonu has the higher ceiling and more experience whereas Antropova has the superior stability and the versatility with a more diverse skillset. Hence the decision ought to be based on the technical matchup, i.e depending on opponent. I hardly believe anyone of them will be permanently on the bench.

I agree overall but making more blocks than lubian is not the hardest thing considering she is one of the worst blockers among the ones playing at top clubs🤣

• Fener fans on Twitter say that Egonu said "We fucked them so good" after the golden set at CL SF and they criticize her very harshly.

Her fans defending her as saying she would not say something, instead she said "we fought them so good."

• Fener fans on Twitter say that Egonu said "We fucked them so good" after the golden set at CL SF and they criticize her very harshly.

Her fans defending her as saying she would not say something, instead she said "we fought them so good."

I see nothing wrong with either statement although I clearly hear fought.

If Fener fans want to complain about something they should do it about how having the team with best potential in thr world, they flopped against Milano.

I see the wound is still fresh and they are still crying.

• I see nothing wrong with either statement although I clearly hear fought.

If Fener fans want to complain about something they should do it about how having the team with best potential in thr world, they flopped against Milano.

I see the wound is still fresh and they are still crying.

You don't see a problem if she would have said we fucked them so good? And you have the hypocrisy to complain about Ebrar's attitude?🤦🤢

• You don't see a problem if she would have said we fucked them so good? And you have the hypocrisy to complain about Ebrar's attitude?🤦🤢

Simple. She said it to a friend and she didnt even say fucked but fought. She didnt scream it to a player or posted on IG like certain player does.

Besides, Fener fans are just grasping at straws for a video that was postes months ago and just resurfaced because they still upset Egonu and co sent home in the semis.

• You don't see a problem if she would have said we fucked them so good? And you have the hypocrisy to complain about Ebrar's attitude?🤦🤢

🥴 you still defending Ebrar with this?

Egonu and Gabi talking in private is different from Ebrar's appalling court attitude (and even her off court antics).

Even if Egonu used the f word, it's a different context all together.