CEV Champions League 2024

• Zhu is nowhere close to this level nowdays, unfortunately. And Lanier had a rather cameo on court today...

I think Vero Volley will be the team to beat next season in Italy.

Agreed with this one. Especially if Pietrini keeps up the good level shown in the Russian league. Adding to that that thry would also have more chemistry. Sometimes they let rather easy balls toouch the floor bc of lack of communication. but for sure they need to get a good foreign setter.

• I think imoko will be slightly weaker next season

Gabi will be good, but zhu cannot replace plummer.

And most importantly, their blockers will be much weaker, and this is one of their main weapons, block defense system.

Not having Plummer to block the OPP will be a problem. Zhu is a good blocker but not as good as Plummer. Chirichella for Robin, I do not see much difference as Robin was mostly on the bench anyways and their slides are equile good, if not Christina's better.

• Aren't the blockers the same? Lubian and Fahr?

It's not, robin played big games not lubian

Not having Plummer to block the OPP will be a problem. Zhu is a good blocker but not as good as Plummer. Chirichella for Robin, I do not see much difference as Robin was mostly on the bench anyways and their slides are equile good, if not Christina's better.

She was starter in big games, chirichela is not better if we talk about blocking.

Never was, and especially not current chirichela, she is in decline for years

• Not having Plummer to block the OPP will be a problem. Zhu is a good blocker but not as good as Plummer. Chirichella for Robin, I do not see much difference as Robin was mostly on the bench anyways and their slides are equile good, if not Christina's better.

Expecially when they will have to face beast opposites like Egonu and Antropova to win the league, or Boskovic and Vargas to win the Champions League.

• I think you guys are underestimating Egonu and overestimating Antropova based on one month of performance. Antropova was great the season before but she flopped in big games with nt. Until I see her not crumbling in clutch times with nt this summer, I would be careful comparing her with egonu. Yes Egonu played bad today but it is just one final and people are already cancelling her🤦 I still think Egonu will be the starter in NT and she should

• Certainly, while Plummer was the MVP of the game, Robin De Kruif was the most disappointing player for this game. Good job for Ezacibasi getting Plummer!!

I agree and people say Conegliano will be weaker without robin next season🤦 🙄

• I think you guys are underestimating Egonu and overestimating Antropova based on one month of performance. Antropova was great the season before but she flopped in big games with nt. Until I see her not crumbling in clutch times with nt this summer, I would be careful comparing her with egonu. Yes Egonu played bad today but it is just one final and people are already cancelling her🤦 I still think Egonu will be the starter in NT and she should

I agree that still Egonu over Kate especially given that Paola has more experience and has shown more at the NT level. At the same time, I would argue that it was only one match. Paola's performance dropped from the second half of the season. True that she still had some great games like against Feber for example but even against 'weaker' teams at the Lega her % successful attacks dropped below 40% when she used to have over 50%. But I am hopeful she can recover her usual level during the NT season.

• imoco would win with lubian, but they honored her for playing for then these all years and winning cups so that was a nice gesture.

I don't think it was honoring her given she started most CL games.

She was meant to be in the CL squad this year (and Lubian in the A1 squad) but I agree Lubian would contribute more than her.

• I don't think it was honoring her given she started most CL games.

She was meant to be in the CL squad this year (and Lubian in the A1 squad) but I agree Lubian would contribute more than her.

No, i know, i was just referencing on how someone said she was playing kind of bad today. Even though she was bad, they still kept her on the court because it is her last game. (And her birthday)

• No, i know, i was just referencing on how someone said she was playing kind of bad today. Even though she was bad, they still kept her on the court because it is her last game. (And her birthday)

It could be a nice gesture but this is cl final we are talking about. I don't think people really care about birthdays when it comes to such important game