Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• I agree with your top 3 but I want Denso to rise to the challenge and overtake NEC. I'm also hoping Saitama takes silver this time. If Kurogo is back in good condition she can make up for her long hiatus. I've been waiting for PFU to finally catch a break but with their coach that's not happening while he's around. He seems to drag the team at such an inconsistent pace. I don't really care for Saga. Sakai has not produced a single star since his term. He didn't even mention Kitamado in that article when she's the one showing superior skills to Yoshitake. Yoshitake is a bad bet with a sloppy swing. They should swap her for Wada instead so Wada can finally be a starter.

Sakai always bets on flops. I have no idea how he selects the players he hypes because all of them so far has been a huge disappointment. He was so desperate to make Nakagawa a thing and when she bombed he's now expecting Yoshitake to be the next Nagaoka.

• i dont like nishimura. she can win another award this season and still be invisible in the nt. she doesn't fit the modern image of saga. i can see why she was never able to catch anyone's attention at okayama. she is fully dull.

• yoshitake has a weird alien face that looks like the dragon from that pixar movie. my nephew loves that stuff lmao. her eyes are so far apart so when she spikes seriously she looks exactly like that damn dragon

LMA?O wth is this description it's way too specific

• Nakagawa will return as opp this season. Yoshitake the rising? mediocre op then Miyu who will probably pull an Ebata idk but she's basically cut off from their promotions so I don't expect her to be active at all. Another one who is also cut off from Saga's promos is Fukazawa who was supposed to be the next Ishii or something but apparently that's Nakajima's role now. So with that I think, Saga will most likely flop. Nakagawa is a death sentence in any team and her leading Saga will most likely be their downfall. She's getting old with very little improvements and no achievements at all.

My top 3 guesses for this season just based on the roster are JT, NEC and Ageo. Bottom 3: sperm mascot team, Okayama, and Hitachi because of their shit new coach.

I don't think Toray is much of a threat without Mayu. Nwakalor might have a hard time with seki's style. The rest I don't know too well and that highschool girl doesnt seem particularly promising.

Nagaoka just opened her fanclub and a twitter account so I think she will stay active this season.

Hinotori Bsquad with Nakagawa in it won silver at the Asian Games that's why she's the focus for now.

• Nagaoka just opened her fanclub and a twitter account so I think she will stay active this season.

Hinotori Bsquad with Nakagawa in it won silver at the Asian Games that's why she's the focus for now.

ishii also started a bunch of stuff last season when she was bound for retirement including a book and other fan merch. i dont see miyu extending her role for this team anymore

• ishii also started a bunch of stuff last season when she was bound for retirement including a book and other fan merch. i dont see miyu extending her role for this team anymore

Fair enough but I still want to see her play actively as Ishii did. I read that Nishi article sean1 posted and it says that Nagaoka is in good condition so why would she be an extra during her final run....

• Fair enough but I still want to see her play actively as Ishii did. I read that Nishi article sean1 posted and it says that Nagaoka is in good condition so why would she be an extra during her final run....

her condition has always been extremely questionable. she could be good for a couple matches and the next she's not. you can't expect anything from her. if she does play actively until the end of the season that's fine too but she'll have to push herself again which i think she doesn't want to do anymore.

• Didn't Yoshitake's U20 team tank and before that Saga's newgen including Nishimura flopping the Club Championships? they're the only NT sub group that failed to win anything. Emily half russian something was also part of it. What's with that article comparing her to Wada and saying she's promising where'd all that come from because she certainly didn't show any of that in any tournament

• Didn't Yoshitake's U20 team tank and before that Saga's newgen including Nishimura flopping the Club Championships? they're the only NT sub group that failed to win anything. Emily half russian something was also part of it. What's with that article comparing her to Wada and saying she's promising where'd all that come from because she certainly didn't show any of that in any tournament

the article was referring to that summer league match against okayama. her spike speed was as fast as wada or something from what i understood. she also fought during the turkey friendly and ran and stuff i don't know

• My hopes for this season are

1. NEC remains at the top and Kojima somehow wins best libero or best receiver and Manabe invites her back.
    2. To that effect I also want Shimamura invited back instead of Irisawa
    3. Momii revival
    4. If Wada doesn't play actively she should be Yoshino Sato'd for the time being. Her hype is premature for someone who didn't contribute during the last 2 critical OQT games.
    5. Valdes finally becomes eligible for NT invite
    6. Saga takes advantage of Kitamado instead of Nakajima or Kitamado as OP instead of Nakagawa or Yoshi
    7. Kurogo revival
    8. A more aggressive Tominaga
    9. Toray Dark Horse preferably OH