Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• Kurobe 25–12 Toyota set 3

Kurobe Coach even gave MB #20 a swing at the end of it and she nailed it. I love those moments :cheesy:

• Pimpichaya is struggling a bit but Ami Takahashi may have succeeded in getting her starting spot back, at least from an attack perspective = 7/13 ... hasn't done that in a while. And Reika is 8/10 with a couple blocks coming in at Set 2

• Can't celebrate a team's good fortune without causing a reverse jinx :lol:

We have Hattaya to thank for this Tie Break :box:

• After killing an overpass Derya ran over and hugged someone she didn't know :rolll:

• Pimpichaya had been struggling but they still trust her in the Tie Break :rose:

• 2023.11.12 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

JT 3–1 PFU

22-25

25-23

25-16

25-22

97–86

Prestige 0–3 NEC

18-25

23-25

24-26

65–76

Toyota 2–3 Kurobe

25-23

17-25

12-25

25-21

13-15

92–109

SAGA 3–0 Denso

25-16

25-17

25-12

75–45

Tie Breakers are the best :box: Trust in Pimpichaya :rose:

• Julian Chow I can't quote you directly on my phone maybe it's a glitch? but anyway regarding Okayama, they're the weakest of the bunch and if you like Saiki she deserves to move out rather than be stuck in Okayama's current state under Kawamoto's dying system. They once banked heavily on Miyashita's fame and success but now that she's no longer in the NT it's about time a different change comes to them as it already has to literally all of the teams except Okayama.

Granted it's still early in the season and there's still plenty of time for them to rot or figure out a different tactic with their 500-player roster.

• Julian Chow I can't quote you directly on my phone maybe it's a glitch? but anyway regarding Okayama, they're the weakest of the bunch and if you like Saiki she deserves to move out rather than be stuck in Okayama's current state under Kawamoto's dying system. They once banked heavily on Miyashita's fame and success but now that she's no longer in the NT it's about time a different change comes to them as it already has to literally all of the teams except Okayama.

Granted it's still early in the season and there's still plenty of time for them to rot or figure out a different tactic with their 500-player roster.

Tks for the insight on Okayama. I only started following the J league last season. Being unfamiliar with the clubs and players (except the Japanese NT players and some players from overseas) I decided to support clubs with SEAsian players.. Okayama had Thanacha then, so I became a fan. For this season it's still early days, so let's see if they can improve things :/

• idk best ask Phoenix

kravmaga if by chill you mean like a chill restaurant atmosphere then yes it's very common to hold small private events at izakayas (pub) it's actually more appropriate than at cafes or actual restaurants if you have to bring lots of people as per Japanese culture unless youre bougie. It would still depend on the venue itself but I've been to Izakayas in Tokyo, Kyoto and Nara standard tourist locations and it's practically the same vibe.

It's very far from our pubs here in the UK

• How's she doing? I noticed she's working hard on the team's PR but I haven't really seen her play

She got the sack of potatoes last night :)

I didn't think either Kurobe setter was getting it done the first few matches of the season. But in those first few matches they were switching in and out. It now looks like the coach may be sticking with Ayano, starting her and letting her struggle through and figure it out. It was against Toyota but Kurobe had 46% kill rate on 46% reception last night. Looked pretty good. She also seems to have a little more personality than her sister :rose:

• There are only 20 people allowed in.

miyu is holding her first super exclusive fanmeet at a pub lmao who tf does that ...this woman

i thought that was not allowed considering most fans are underage or have lil kids and she really said aint no lil kids coming cuz we all drinking :lol:

• I can’t do the position movement chart right now as 3 teams have 4 matches played, and everyone else has more than that played

however I can say that JT and Hisamitsu will still be in 1st and 2nd, with their records as the other teams can’t catch them.

• She got the sack of potatoes last night :)

I didn't think either Kurobe setter was getting it done the first few matches of the season. But in those first few matches they were switching in and out. It now looks like the coach may be sticking with Ayano, starting her and letting her struggle through and figure it out. It was against Toyota but Kurobe had 46% kill rate on 46% reception last night. Looked pretty good. She also seems to have a little more personality than her sister :rose:

Good to know she's improving and adjusting. Her wish in that Tanabata thing was that her whole team can be united through every battle. And surprisingly her English is good. As per Derya's Story when she wished her Happy Birthday on the wrong date lol and she replied in full English.

My faves rn would be Ayano, Hitomi Shiode at JT and Nina Kumagai. I've got some catching up to do

• Good to know she's improving and adjusting. Her wish in that Tanabata thing was that her whole team can be united through every battle. And surprisingly her English is good. As per Derya's Story when she wished her Happy Birthday on the wrong date lol and she replied in full English.

My faves rn would be Ayano, Hitomi Shiode at JT and Nina Kumagai. I've got some catching up to do

those are all setters. kumagai would be the usquad setter?