:cup: GOLD

Kurashiki Ablaze :cup:

SILVER

Artemis Hokkaido

BRONZE

Kanoa Laulea's Fukuoka

4th Place

Veertien Mie

Check these numbers. After the W-L Tie Artemis actually beat Kurashiki in everything except Points. One too many full sets for Artemis spelled their doom :)

Team

W / L

Rate

Sets W / L

Rate

Pts. W

Pts. L

Rate

Kurashiki

11–4

35–21

Artemis

11–4

36–20

Individual Awards

Award

Player

Team Record

MVP

Saki Tanabe

Kurashiki Ablaze

Fighting Spirit Award

Yuri Komuro

Artemis Hokkaido

Best Newcomer Award

Hikari Minato

Kanoa Laulea's Fukuoka

Top scorer

Yuri Komuro

Artemis Hokkaido

297 points

Spike Award

Amane Izawa

Artemis Hokkaido

40.9%

Block Award

Amane Izawa

Artemis Hokkaido

0.96 pieces

Serve Award

Shion Nagasawa

Artemis Hokkaido

13.9%

Serve Receive Award

Nonoka Uechi

Kanoa Laulea's Fukuoka

63.6%

That's everybody's favorite SAGA borrowed libero winning the Serve Receive Award :lol:

• :cup::dance6::dance4:

• Hiroshima v Hamamatsu

Wakaizumi is 3/4, 2 blocks, 2 aces half way thru Set 1 :box:

Brilliant Aries can't get their stream going. They've already qualified to Final 3 so I hope Sendai beats them so they can stay in the fight

• Breath Hamamatsu's win tonight pretty much knocks out Gifu from contention. But it ain't over. I think (depending on what Sendai can do) it will come down to the last match of season between Hamamatsu and Gunma for who makes the Final 3. That's always fun, but if Sendai beats Gunma next week I think that clinches Hamamatsu ... but I can't do maths so I'm not sure

• Brilliant Aries and Sendai going to a Tie Break. This is huge for Sendai. If they win they can still be in the battle. If they lose, they are done

Big ass bummer Brilliant Aries never got their stream going :(

• Yay Sendai :woohoo:

I still can't figure out if Sendai wins out and everybody else loses out if they can still make Final 3. Where's brahmin when you need him :rolll:

I think it will come down to that Hamamatsu/Gunma final night match, and if Sendai does beat Gunma the night before it just means Gunma is out, not that Sendai is necessarily in, unless Gunma beats Hamamatsu and Sendai wins out:/

• Sendai is still alive for 3rd, but any Hamamatsu win, puts them out.

Plus the head to head with Gunma, means a loss puts them out.

Gunma can still leap into 3rd on wins at 13, but Hamamatsu and Gifu need to lose, and Gunma win out.

if Gifu lose to Himeji, Hamamatsu can pass them with one win. Hamamatsu would then need to beat Gunma to clinch.

• Sendai is still alive for 3rd, but any Hamamatsu win, puts them out.

Plus the head to head with Gunma, means a loss puts them out.

Gunma can still leap into 3rd on wins at 13, but Hamamatsu and Gifu need to lose, and Gunma win out.

if Gifu lose to Himeji, Hamamatsu can pass them with one win. Hamamatsu would then need to beat Gunma to clinch.

Seems it is going to come down to the last match of the season between Hamamatsu and Gunma, but not necessarily that Gunma could make Final 3 if they win because Gunma still has to beat Hiroshima (easy) and Sendai also (not so easy).

Hamamatsu has Himeji and Gunma to go, so they end up 12–6 if they beat Gunma
    Sendai has Forest Leaves and Gunma, so they could end up 12–6 if they win both

Gunma has Hiroshima, Sendai, and Hamamatsu. If they win 2 of 3 they end up 12–6
    Gifu has only Himeji so they will end up 12–6

So depending on whether some of those W/Ls are 3 point wins or not, it'll come down to points and ... well that's where it goes over my head

I have a soft spot for Sendai but Hamamatsu making Final 3 would be good for them and good for everybody considering their SV.League ambitions. They haven't lost a match since their December 1st loss to Brilliant Aries. You go girls

Needless to say this is going to be an exciting end to the V2 season :box:

• 2024.03.02 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Video

Hiroshima Oilers 0–3 Breath Hamamatsu

18-25

20-25

22-25

60–75

YT

Sendai 3–2 Brilliant Aries

19-25

29-27

16-25

25-23

15-10

104–110

YT

GSS Tokyo 3–2 Chiba

25-21

25-23

16-25

22-25

17-15

105–109

YT

GSS Tokyo's first win :!:

I couldn't stay up for it and Brilliant Aries stream never made it up. Two good full setters I missed out on :( B-Aries has about an hour of it up vod and it appears to be the last couple sets

• 2024.03.03 Results

Home [-] Away V2
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Video

Himeji 3–0 Breath Hamamatsu

25-23

25-20

25-23

75–66

YT

Sendai 3–1 Forest Leaves Kumamoto

22-25

25-23

25-22

25-21

97–91

YT

Hiroshima Oilers 0–3 Gunma Green Wings

17-25

23-25

23-25

63–75

YT

Missed the Himeji Hamamatsu match live :mad: An after look showed it to be quite close. It was Chatchu-on who gave Himeji the win. Without her I think Hamamatsu could have won. Hamamatsu was picking up Inoue and Tanaka, but Himeji put all their resources into shutting down Kaho Wakaizumi, and succeeded

Sendai is still in it. They have to beat Gunma next week and Gunma has to beat Hamamatsu. I think that will give Sendai the third spot. I don't know how I feel about that. I'm all in for Sendai, but Hamamatsu's rise is genuine. I want to encourage them

• Saturday March 9 matches

JA Gifu vs Himeji

Gifu needs to win to keep their chance at the Final 3 alive. Need help from others on points possibly.

Sendai vs Gunma.

Sendai out with a loss

Gunma still alive with 5 set loss.

• Chatchu-On :heart:

• Must see TV
    Gunma v Sendai (if Sendai loses they are out, if Gunma loses, math)

Himeji v JA Gifu (if Gifu loses they are out)

• Kurashiki Ablaze Assistant Coach Shota Sato, and former Kurashiki player Asaka Tamaru will be part of a University's coaching staff in the Philippines

I noticed Asaka hanging around with Kurashiki. Still a mystery why she quit playing, or maybe she just wanted to get on with it and start coaching :rose:

• Gunma's playing a stupid lineup but they're off to a good start