2023 Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship (30 August - 6 September, 2023)

• NOW [FIFY] the Vietnam girls having to play all 3 of the other top 4 teams lol

That's the ongoing process for the Vietnamese squad [the 4T-Gen] to grow into maturity, getting more of the rare life experiences... with the help from those Asian Bigger Sisters 😂 🤣 The VIE team will learn further in the HANGZHOU ASIAN GAMES

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Someone did mention that this was the case....

I forgot who :(

volleySrb btw I’m deeply saddened at what’s happened at the Basketball WC... it’s just a game and the Serbian player had to lose a kidney, I believe he’s only 25 y.o. ;(

"THE THREE BEST TEAMS will win tickets to the Women's Volleyball World Championship 2025."

2023 Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship (30 August - 6 September, 2023)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Only the top 3 in AVC Championship get WCH 2025 tickets. However, in Europe, since Serbia is the reigning WCH champion, the 3 European spots go to the other 3 teams in the top 4 (so Italy was granted a spot even if they finished 4th).

Previously in WCH 2022, when only 2 tickets were awarded to the top 2 teams in each continental championship, Serbia also got a spot as the defending WCH champion, so 1st place in European championship Italy and 3rd place Turkey got the tickets (Serbia finished 2nd).

In short, we still don’t know if in the case that China-Hongkong (joint bid) or Thailand hosts WCH, the “extra” spot would go to 4th place AVC Champ (Vietnam) or another (16th) world ranked non-qualified team. If China-Hongkong win the bid, would FIVB give Hongkong national team China’s original ticket? And since FIVB has never selected low-ranking teams as hosts, we don’t know if Vietnam, Philippines, or Indonesia even have a chance of hosting. We just have to wait to find out:mad:

• I'm so happy for Thailand! :box: I like both teams and Thailand will benefit more in terms of World Ranking points. It would also make a better competition in Asia knowing that Thailand team A can now beat Japan team B imo.

For the next quad, the Continental Championship will now be at even numbered years starting 2026 and that would be a crazy exciting Asian Championship because it will be a direct qualification to LA 2028 Olympics :cheesy:

• I don't think it's a given that Japan wins tonight

• I don't think it's a given that Japan wins tonight

I guess most likely the Japanese team will win. The Vietnamese squad is not yet strong enough to topple any of the Top Three! The gemstone is still rough.

• Watching India-Australia. Love the Aussie girls but they just make the silliest mistakes at the most important moments :white:

India — every time they lose a point, doesn’t matter what the situation is, they just stand still and stare at one another for like 10 seconds. Obviously I can’t see their facial expressions but it sure looks like they are mad at their teammates. They also rarely huddle as a team after losing a point. What kind of team spirit is this behavior building? And it kinda looks unprofessional.

• Help. I’m feeling sleepy