Italy - Superlega 2023/24

Yeah, he definitely should get a chance in Milano-level team or better, there's some chance he can maintain 80% of such shape for the full season looking onwards.

Yesterday he said in an interview that he’ll be in Italy next year (implying not Taranto). I think he’s ours or Monza (would hate it)

• Yesterday he said in an interview that he’ll be in Italy next year (implying not Taranto). I think he’s ours or Monza (would hate it)

I heard that Milano is very interested in Belgian Seppe Rotty, and even though he probably stays in Belgium, I guess there will be a group of 4 OHs in Milano next year, so maybe he'll join Milano after all.

• I heard that Milano is very interested in Belgian Seppe Rotty, and even though he probably stays in Belgium, I guess there will be a group of 4 OHs in Milano next year, so maybe he'll join Milano after all.

he would be a good acquisition, and we can give Ferre a friend from Belgium. But I’ll prefer Gutierrez anyway

• I didn't expect Catania to avoid relegation, but considering the circumstances I must say they played their season at the best of their possibilities. Hopefully they can evolve in a solid structure, which is much needed in the Southern Italy.

Considering that Trento and Perugia are a lock, the themes for the last two regular season matches are the race for the third place and the last playoff spot respectively. I watched Milano securing a convincing 3-0 victory against Verona, complicating quite a bit Stoytchev's aim to that position. Still, it might be too late for the chasers to catch up, considering that next week Lube will play against Piacenza and a three point win from one of these two will give the winner the spot.

Talking about the 8th seed, Modena made a huge step forward with back-to-back wins against Taranto and Cisterna. The latter was the most important one because was against the direct competitor and even though Cisterna seems more "alive" compared to Modena, I don't see them outscoring Giuliani's team considering they have to play Verona and Monza.

• really, really satisfying victory today against Perugia. I was already happy that my man Reggers signed a 3 years extension in Milano this week, now I don’t have to do a 6 hours (12 total) travel for the away games to start the playoffs. Great week for Milano’s volley

• Playoffs matchup:

Trento-Modena (Modena is a mess, but Trento is without the setter, watch out for these games)

Perugia-Verona (I expect a 3-1 victory for Perugia)

Piacenza-Milano (can’t really say anything about this one. Maybe it will be s 3-1 finish for Piacenza, but I think that an upset is possible)

Lube-Monza (I will go all-in: Monza will go to the semi finals and Lube will win CL)

• really, really satisfying victory today against Perugia. I was already happy that my man Reggers signed a 3 years extension in Milano this week, now I don’t have to do a 6 hours (12 total) travel for the away games to start the playoffs. Great week for Milano’s volley

I did not find it very satisfying to be honest. Losing second set, after playing that good for the majority of the set, was a big failure. And there was that almost chokings in the fourth and fifth.

I love this team in a lot of way but I can’t predict which side of the bed Piacenza is going to wake up from so play offs will be a great surprise lol

overall, regular season was pretty intense and I loved most of it but due to harsh scheduling between NT and clubs, I am kinda disappointed in inconsistentcy of teams.

• I did not find it very satisfying to be honest. Losing second set, after playing that good for the majority of the set, was a big failure. And there was that almost chokings in the fourth and fifth.

I love this team in a lot of way but I can’t predict which side of the bed Piacenza is going to wake up from so play offs will be a great surprise lol

overall, regular season was pretty intense and I loved most of it but due to harsh scheduling between NT and clubs, I am kinda disappointed in inconsistentcy of teams.

It’s Perugia, it’s a miracle to be 2-0 against them in Regular Season for the level of play they display, especially on the serve (those “almost choke” come from two Leon series of serves). Halfway second set we lose the best player of the first set and a half (Kazyiski), so I was not surprised, top reaction by our guys in the fourth tho.

• Monza just put Lube on the brink of elimination. What a season they're having, pity they didn't bring home a trophy from either Coppa Italia or Challenge Cup, but nonetheless superb job from Eccheli and his players.

Takhashi really was injured in the worst possible moment of the season…

• Milano would've advanced to the semis if not for Kaziyski being completely washed up, he just can't spike out of system balls anymore. Sad to see, but about time, on the other hand. Piacenza is solid but not great for the 2nd season in a row, but with Monza possibly advancing to the semis, they'll still be able to win a medal, I guess.

It's only 1-2 down for Milano, but with one reliable wing spiker, I don't think they can make a comeback without a home court advantage. They should've won this game, but Reggers shouldn't get crucial balls and Kaziyski - like above - is not up for his task at this point of his career, that's why they choked.

• Milano would've advanced to the semis if not for Kaziyski being completely washed up, he just can't spike out of system balls anymore. Sad to see, but about time, on the other hand. Piacenza is solid but not great for the 2nd season in a row, but with Monza possibly advancing to the semis, they'll still be able to win a medal, I guess.

It's only 1-2 down for Milano, but with one reliable wing spiker, I don't think they can make a comeback without a home court advantage. They should've won this game, but Reggers shouldn't get crucial balls and Kaziyski - like above - is not up for his task at this point of his career, that's why they choked.

KK is completely washed.

But if Porro gave Reggers even a single attack during the end of the 4th set, maybe we would have won, he was on fire. On that rotation where he gave 4 straight decisive balls to KK we lost the game

• also, i don’t count out Lube yet. Last year they were in a worse position and they managed to turn things around

• KK statistics are atrocious. He’s attacking with 39% (!!!!) for the season. Maybe Realista has the tools for saying if he’s the worst OH of Superlega… I think yes