Serbian Women's NT 2024

• Serbian Women's NT 2024

The Olympic year has started, desire is to match the excitement around the New Year holidays and get started with discussion about Serbian Women's NT in this very exciting year. Let's start with homage to the results achieved during this cycle and a recapitulation of the weapons we have in the arsenal.

2023 EuroVolley Silver Medalist

20727C35B20-0A6B-D791-01A4-C009ABB3C12A.jpg

2022 World Champions

2020 Tokyo OG Bronze Medalist

Competitions in 2024

VNL (May 14 - June 23)

Olympic Games - PARIS 2024 (July 27 - August 11)

Squad

Coach

Giovanni Guidetti

SOPPOHMBL
    Maja Ognjenović (1984)Tijana Bošković (1997)Brankica Mihajlović (1991)Jovana Stevanović (1992)Aleksandra Jegdić (1994)
    Bojana Drča (1988)Ana Bjelica (1992)Bianka Buša (1994)Mina Popović (1994)Teodora Pušić (1993)
    Slađana Mirković (1995)Tara Taubner (2002)Aleksandra Uzelac (2004)Maja Aleksić (1997)Bojana Gočanin (2002)
    Ana Jakšić (1998)Jovana Zelenović (2004)Katarina Lazović (1999)Hena Kurtagić (2004)Stefana Pakić (2004)
    Marija Miljević (1998)Sara Carić (2001)Sara Lozo (1997)Minja Osmajić (2003)
    Rada Perović (2001)Bojana Milenković (1997)Jovana Kocić (1998)
    Andrea Tišma (2003)
    Jovana Mirosavljević (2000)Iva Šućurović (2004)

Branka Tica (2003)
    Vanja Ivanović (2004)
    Una Vajagić (2004)

• About our roster, I like it. I also think there is no way for Carić to be called at all but there is chance for few more players.

Sara Ranković and Mila Djordjević, setters from our league.

Vanja Bulić, opp from Korea and probably Isidora Kockarevic.

• As we talked here before Boskovic was playing Bosnia Herzegovina national team. Ex manager and husband of Neslihan Demir, Orkun Darnel participated in YouTube program:

Orkun Darnel: “Boskovic came to Galatasaray. I think she was 14 years old and she was a left-handed OH at that time. She came to training with us. While Ataman Güneyligil was working in the national team at that time, he saw him in the Bosnian national team in the Balkan Championship and called me: "There is something incredible here," he said. We arrived, his father and older sister came with Dajana. We talked, everything was over. Home, College, which was under contract at that time, everything was complete. They were also very happy. We were going to Bosnia in a week. At that time, it was also easy for Bosnian citizens to become Turkish citizens, we would take them and come. I think we made a mistake by taking Boskovic to A team training. Serbian managers heard it. Like a midnight operation, I think the President of the Serbian Volleyball Federation of that period suddenly goes and takes it. The week we were going to Bosnia, they had already become Serbian and signed in Belgrade.“

• As we talked here before Boskovic was playing Bosnia Herzegovina national team. Ex manager and husband of Neslihan Demir, Orkun Darnel participated in YouTube program:

Orkun Darnel: “Boskovic came to Galatasaray. I think she was 14 years old and she was a left-handed OH at that time. She came to training with us. While Ataman Güneyligil was working in the national team at that time, he saw him in the Bosnian national team in the Balkan Championship and called me: "There is something incredible here," he said. We arrived, his father and older sister came with Dajana. We talked, everything was over. Home, College, which was under contract at that time, everything was complete. They were also very happy. We were going to Bosnia in a week. At that time, it was also easy for Bosnian citizens to become Turkish citizens, we would take them and come. I think we made a mistake by taking Boskovic to A team training. Serbian managers heard it. Like a midnight operation, I think the President of the Serbian Volleyball Federation of that period suddenly goes and takes it. The week we were going to Bosnia, they had already become Serbian and signed in Belgrade.“

One big difference is that she is a Serb and normaly wanted to play under Serbian flag, the bolded one is true for Bosniaks of which many would choose to play for Turkey like Meliha Smajlović did.

But same old story with a few new “spicy” details each year, hope by the end of her carrier we would get to know full story.. :whistle:

• One big difference is that she is a Serb and normaly wanted to play under Serbian flag, the bolded one is true for Bosniaks of which many would choose to play for Turkey like Meliha Smajlović did.

But same old story with a few new “spicy” details each year, hope by the end of her carrier we would get to know full story.. :whistle:

Also it would be wise to stop answering on this bulshit stories, mostly because it is completely false, but also get so boring.

• By the time this saga ends, we'll have found out we've lived in some alternate universe all along and that Tijana has actually played for Bosnia all this time and that in fact it's Bosnia that's won all those medals and not Serbia.

She's NOT Vargas. Deal with it. :flower:

• Why are you so offensive? You have long argued that Boskovic did not play for Bosnia, but she did. Therefore, Boskovic and Mihajlovic could not play for the Serbian national team at the same time. This is hidden by the federation.

• Why are you so offensive? You have long argued that Boskovic did not play for Bosnia, but she did. Therefore, Boskovic and Mihajlovic could not play for the Serbian national team at the same time. This is hidden by the federation.

Oh please do your homework :aww: This only counts if somebody a) played in official matches for a federation, nobody cares for training camps etc, and b) if it's in the same age category. Mihajlovic played for BIH senior NT and T.Boskovic most certainly never did :gone:

• I mean, it's really not a secret and Tijana has talked about it a billion times. She and her sister were invited by Galatasaray, they spent a few days training there, they liked it and were ready to stay, but then it turned out the condition was that they were to receive Turkish citizenship, their father promptly said no and that was the end of it.

The less known fact and something Tijana revealed only recently was that Vesna Čitaković who played in Galatasaray at the time, and who was used by the club as a connection to bring Tijana there, was accused by the club management of sabotaging her "transfer" to Turkey NT and was even temporarily suspended. :lol:

• Serbia u20 wide roster for Ech u20 qualifications in Ankara.

Setters:

Teodora Kričković

Elena Baić

Miona Tasić

Liberos:

Višnja Žigić

Lara Žigić

Opposites:

Anastasija Ivković

Milica Vidačić

Middles:

Maša Kirov

Djurdja Stanojević

Lana Mijačić

Bojana Miljević

Outsides:

Ana Mihajlović

Simona Mateska

Dragana Korolija

Mina Stanojević

Sonja Danilović

Ema Arsić

Sofija Marjanović

• U18 team that play Ech u18 qualifications.

Setters

Nadja Ristić

Maša Vrcelj

Opposites

Andjela Veselinović

Maša Reljić

Ada Kostadinović

Liberos

Dunja Stanković

Nadja Vujović

Middles

Andjelija Tadić

Elena Martić

Marija Zorić

Outsides

Mina Mihajlović

Mia Ćirić

Maja Aćić

Sofija Mušički

sf1.jpg

sf7.jpg

• With new VNL roster potentially being out in about 3 months, I’d like to comment on some players I want to see in VNL roster this year.

Ofc, assuming that top 14 will not be included as part of rest time for Paris, I can still see some younger ones playing VNL cause it would be beneficial for them.

It’s gonna be long so get ready :lol:

It’s also my take on new gen players and their improvements over the last year, or how ready they might be for senior level.

Setters: Mirkovic, Perovic, Tisma.

And I guess Jaksic will be included :sos:
    I am by far the most excited about potentially seeing Perovic making her debute for NT, I hope it happens and hopefully she will come back to pre-injury shape in 2nd half of a season.

MB: Kurtagic, Osmajic, Kocic, Sucurovic.
    We might see Djokic or Delic in roster as well if none of team A is coming, just to fill the space.

I would absolutely love to see Kurtagic/Osmajic throught all 3 weeks, it’s the future NT duo and it’s the perfect time now for them to get dome experience in NT as starters.

OP: Taubner, Zelenovic, Miljevic

Miljevic had >40% attack rate after CL group stage against Vakifbank, Milano, Mullhouse. For comparison it is just 3% below Egonu in that same group. She might as well be given the chance.

Zelenovic has improved so much this season after constatnly playing as starter, both her confidence and athleticism.

Taubner proved me wrong now that she is starter in a solid team abroad, I never thought she could be good player but she is actually quite solid in system and really good on some fast sets.. I think she might be able to fill Bjelica’s role in team this year.

OH: Uzelac, Tica, Ivanovic, Milenkovic, Mirosavljevic, Vajagic

(Mijatovic and Cvetkovic will be included ofc :drink:) plus Lazovic if really needed.

I know Uzelac is top14 and likely going to Paris but she is young and should play as much as possible to gain experience.

I included Milenkovic cause she should get a chance to show that she might still have it as defensive player.

Tica, Vajagic and Ivanovic don’t have too much experience, but hey, Tica/Vajagic duo took a set from Vakifbank at CL so they might be more ready then we think. Plus all 3 players are next gen talents and it’s the best time now to give them a chance to be in roster when A team is resting (possibly lol:lol:)

It also depends on what shape Ivanovic will be after she starts playing in 2nd half of the season, if she is back to her pre-injury then it’s no brainer for me to include her as she was the best passer amongst OHs in our league last season.. and amongst this new gen.

Libero: Gocanin, Pakic.. Punisic?

I think Jegdic/Pusic might be needed here for tougher games.. and I don’t think libero is as physically exhausting position like some others for them to not be able to both play 1 week and rest till Paris
    I know it’s not gonna happen, but I’d like to see Punisic be given a chance in 2 libero system, she is so good defender even on high level in CL this year, she was 2nd MVP against Mulhouse for me.

For my weekly rosters I would really want to see

Mirkovic, Perovic

Taubner, Zelenovic

Uzelac, Tica, Ivanovic, Vajagic, Mirosavljevic

Kurtagic, Osmajic, Kocic

Gocanin, Pakic

* maybe add Milenkovic intead of 1 youngster

and posibbly Jegdic/Pusic

I honestly think this team wouldn’t be bad and we might even be surprised by some of these youngsters.

I starter my activity on forum last year with a similar post about VNL23 and it didn’t quite turn out right, I hope I have more luck with this year prediction.

• You always forget Marija Miljević 😁 she beaten every of our setters in direct duel. Can come handy if GG want to play faster. Also he mentioned her after vakif game.

Only bad thing, she cannot use middles.

Also I think Mila Djordjević deserve call. She can make 5-10 points easyle as a setter. Left handed, good server, good blocker and good damn spiker. She learned a lot from Drča.

• Also I think Mila Djordjević deserve call. She can make 5-10 points easyle as a setter. Left handed, good server, good blocker and good damn spiker. She learned a lot from Drča.

Just lacking stable setting skills a bit, but i gues for a setter it isn't that important :box:.