Turkey - Vodafone Sultanlar Ligi 2024-2025

• Probably. Maybe he wanted give some chance to Yaren who plays her first season in Sultanlar Ligi

Gamze and Mehmet were having a very weird argument during last match. Don't remember which set start was it, must be the fifth one but she was holding her arm and she pulled her arm, saying lots of things, discussing with him. Did not look good.

• Gamze and Mehmet were having a very weird argument during last match. Don't remember which set start was it, must be the fifth one but she was holding her arm and she pulled her arm, saying lots of things, discussing with him. Did not look good.

That guy is weird

• Noooo, I actually rly like her..

Some teams are just grabing good locals to put them on bench so other teams couldn’t get locals for their core at this point

She was a great before that terrible injury. And this season she actually had quite a few very good performances. She is at the age that she should constantly play, not sitting at the bench🤦 some youngsters need better career advisors

• I am really looking forward for next year, seems like middle level teams like Besiktas, GS are investing more and getting stronger. There will be some very interesting results next year.

That is correct. On the other hand, the teams considered as top level teams are mostly company, bank and state enterprises which the regulations enable them to deduct the total expenses (salaries, transfer fees and other expenses) from the tax. Only exception is Fenerbahçe. Fenerbahçe also managed this with the sponsoring supports in which their president Ali Koç (The owner of Arçelik and Beko and many other local companies with many invesments) played a huge role in that.

Now, especially Galatasaray, who had been trouble in budgetwise, took many precautions, epecially after changing the management led by president Dursun Özbek. Another triggering point was, the success of our NT, which changed the attention and focus of viewpoint of public from Football to volleyball. This naturally pushed all clubs, especially the big named having high reputation like Galatasaray and Beşiktaş, to review their plans and projects, in the favor of volleyball. That is why, they have decided to invest much more in this branch.

Yesterday, Dursun Özbek stated officially that, "we have to increase our budgets in some sports branches. For Basketball and Volleyball, we have to put objectives, which should fulfill our identity and reputation.The budget of the teams, which we are in competition, are having 7 times higher budgets than ours" . This clear statement indicates, what will come and happen next.

We hope that, "Babalar sözünü tutar".

Below is the link of the news about it;

• I am really looking forward for next year, seems like middle level teams like Besiktas, GS are investing more and getting stronger. There will be some very interesting results next year.

There will be many interesting teams challenging to top 3/4 next season. GS, BJK,Kuzeyboru and zerenspor already made strong rosters. Aras kargo and bahçelievler also has solid teams for newcomers. The ones that are concerning me: nilüfer belediyesi, aydın belediyesi and Sarıyer belediyesi. I wish one of the ambitious teams like Göztepe from second division could have get one of these 3 teams' licenses. Nilüfer has already started a few transfers but Aydin and Sarıyer are very silent which is generally a bad indication. Last couple of years, the teams that were the last finishing their transfers relegated first🤷

• Mainly, the top 3 scorers at attack line of Galatasaray, scored 1351 points (İlkin 460, Logan 484 and Cuttino 407), which was not bad and cannot be considered as 'not good' scoring team, if you focus especially on attack line.

Galatasaray lost many matches, due to poor middle attacks and poor defensive skills of middles and corners+very weak performance of libero, until the end of 1st half. İlkin back to back, is a very good scorer since the last two seasons and contributed to team with extra points, especially at the beginning of the season, until the end of 1st half and took the whole responsibility, when really mattered, while the team was sinking,

It is true that, every player has limits and sometimes it can be too much for a player to take such a load, both physically and mentally. That is why, her attack efficiency declined from 47% to 42%, due to mistakes and blockings in her attacks but still she was shining.

About Alexia, I trust in her with my eyes closed, since she will be a full time player and if you remember, she had a great season at Galatasaray in 2021-2022 season taking the title as best scorer in the league.

Looking at middles, Yasemin and Ayçin+Timmerman. I like Ayçin but still question marks about her performance in the new season. Hope she will be back to her good shape soon. Yasemin is so good at blocks and Timmerman is so good at both, attack and blocks so I want to believe that, middle will be in safe hands.

If Lazovic stays, then no doubt that, our receiving line also will be in safe hands. The new setter Bongaerts also seems good. My only doubt is Kalandadze. Not sure how she will fit in team. I would prefer a very strong OH with experience in a winning NT, to have a spirit to fight until the end.

The good thing is that, it looks like GS will have a wide roster with a solition to all possible problems. It is difficult to make assertive comments well in advance but for sure, a well organized and more stronger team will be on court.

Since, Hernandez is planning all transfers and structuring the team by taking all responsibility, I don't think that there will be any headache and difficulty in rotations.

Comparing with last year, I still remember that, many friends were takling about the relegation of the team but all agreed that both Kuzeyboru and GS, really deserved the position, where they are standing at the end of the season...

• About Alexia, I trust in her with my eyes closed, since she will be a full time player and if you remember, she had a great season at Galatasaray in 2021-2022 season taking the title as best scorer in the league.

Looked up Caratasu's numbers from her time in Gala vs Vakif:
    in VakifBank 22/24 - 43,1% attack on 29,5% eff.

in Galatasaray 21/22 - 42% attack on 26,2% eff.
    So I honestly don't understand what you are projecting based on her time in Galatasaray since her numbers are basically the same.

That said, Logan played OP as well as Alexia in her Gala days(maybe even better) so I think the main differences compared to this year's team are gonna be the middle blockers that are significant upgrades and I do think Bongerts fits the team better than Tashiro did with this year's team. From what I watched of Bongerts, she plays a very quick style and loves to involve middles. So imo, their success is gonna depend on Kalondadze and her reception. If they can spread the play and involve all of the new weapons at the net, they can have a better season.

In conclusion, I think they are gonna have worse reception with higher offensive upside in OH and MB positions, better block(Yasemin) and backup options in Lazovic and Timmerman. I expect Lazovic to play often as a back-row sub so they can get as much as possible from their middle attack.

• Another part that will be crucial for GS's success is how Eylül will perform since their weakest position was libero this season. Eylül is a great defender but mediocre receiver so I don't see her as an upgrade to bihter but hope to be proven wrong

• Thank you so much to bring this on table. Your figures are almost correct (with some minor differences with mine) and at 1st look it sounds so reasonable to question the difference of the performances at GS in 2021-2022 vs at Vakıfbank 2023-2024. She played with 42.6% and 27.3% in 2021-2022 and 42.5% and 30.0% in 2023-2024. So more or less very close.

A player, who has a high quality of volleyball should play, by taking more time in roster. What I mean here is; this would be a comparison of a benched player at Vakıfbank, vs a full time player at GS.

Respectfully to above mentioned numbers, here are the main differences between 2021-2022 vs 2023-2024, which made her #1 in 2021-2022;

Below figures derived from the normal season of both, 2021-2022 and 2023-2024.

1- In 2021-2022, she played full time 26 matches and 94 sets, while she played 20 matches and 68 sets only in 2023-2024 season.

2- She scored 426 points at attacks in 2021-2022 while she scored 194 in 2023-2024 season.

3- At average, she attacked 38.46 times per match and 10.64 per set in 2021-2022 and she attacked 22.8 times per match and 6.71 per set in 2023-2024.

4- At average, she scored 16.38 points per match and 4.53 points per set in 2021-2022 while she scored 9.70 points per match and 2.85 points per set in 2023-2024.

5- After deducting her errors and blocked attacks, she scored 10.5 points per match and 2.90 points per set in 2021-2022 while she scored 6.85 points per match and 2.01 points per set in 2023-2024.

All above are for attacks only and as you know, she performs effective jump serves and here is the summary of it.

1-She served 385 times with 71 points (aces+half) and 73 errors in 2021-2022, while she served 180 times with 26 points (aces+half) and 180 errors in 2023-2024.

2- She managed to score 2.7 points per match and 0.8 per set in 2021-2022 while she managed to score 1.3 points per match and 0.4 per set in 2023-2024.

3- Considering her errors with winning points at serves +- in total serves is -0,01 in 2021-2022 while it is -0,09 in 2023-2024.

İf you club and analyze all these figures, you will definitely come to realize that, she was much more successful in 2021-2022 as a full time player, than a bench player at Vakıfbank in 2023-2024 and that is why she was #1 in 2021-2022.

The main question is, would this be enough for her? Definitely no. She needs to improve her attack performance, her success at attack over 45% (at least) and efficiency at least 30%, then she will be a star in the new season and that is what I expect from her.

Final word. Totally agree with you that, there is a significant upgrade at middle (especially with Timmerman) similarly expecting better performance from Bongaerts, when compared with Tashiro. Additionally considering the duo, who knows each other very well (Bongaerts and Timmerman), Transferring both is a brilliant transfer strategy.