Türkiye NT - 2024

• Kübra, Meliha, Yasemin and Saliha are not part of the camp roster, ı thougth we had a bit larger roster

Saliha and Kübra understandable but both Yasemin and Meliha deserved a shot in the run for Olympic roster

• Saliha and Kübra understandable but both Yasemin and Meliha deserved a shot in the run for Olympic roster

I don't think there is a run for olympic roaster. Santarelly has already said that the same roaster who won ECH will go to Olympics, in this case he just needs to decide who of those players will not go considering there should be 12+1 player. So yes, the roaster is already locked, and we all know it will be

S: cansu, elif

Opp: vargas

OH: ebrar, hande, ilkin, derya

MB: eda, zehra, asli

L: gizem, simge

• Honestly I think that we sometimes feel disappointed when other NTs are not bringing their starting roster to the VNL, but Türkiye is too much now for me..

What is the logic behind bringing a 37 years old Eda to the VNL? And we all know that she will play all weeks, because.. yeah, we don’t know the reason surely, but it is a fact. This also applies for other players too. Zehra is so out of shape, bandaged everywhere and I can list a few more things and players like that. I really hope to see Beyza, and all others (YOUNGSTERS PLEASE) who can easily win against most of the teams in the VNL. Same goes to setters, OHs.

I get the winning attitude and all but do they really think about the future? Why cannot they let youngsters go to the VNL at all? Eda is 37 years old, maybe 2-3 more years but thats it. Now other player IS ALLOWED to play her role, what is the point with that, seriously?

Maybe Saliha and Meliha were not superstarts during clubseason, but come on, does Türkiye need to play with 3-4 OHs all the time and without rest?

I dont know what your opinions are, but mine is that Türkiye got too far with “their starts” and the “let’s win everything” with the same 14 players, even though it really does not matter.

• It is simply because of Olympic year. Santa wants the team to be ready for all challenges. He already stated that, he wants the team to be together until the end of Olympics.

About Eda, if she plays it is a problem, if she doesn't play again a problem. What I mean, she is taking that risk, cause if the team wins the trophy she will become starred legend. If the team loss, then she will become betrayer, if she quits now, she will be traitor. In this case what she should do?

About İlkin, last year it was her full tournament in A team. Same for Ebrar in her new position. Elif is also new in NT. Vargas is the same. So who else should be kicked out? Hande, Derya, Gizem, Simge? Probably, Zehra will sit at bench but Deniz and Aslı will be there... Any of these two?

Sorry but I don't agree with you. Definitely, new generation will be on their way to take over but not now. Right after Olympics.

PS: As far as I read, the only team who will not be on the court with complete A team players is Serbia. Even, the coach of Italy stated that, last year was a mistake to play with different teams at VNL and the following tournaments.

• I don't mind players playing all tournaments because they all know their limits, altough eda is taking a lot of risk, but still i understand her. She wants to win olympic medal before she retires and this year they have a great chance. Only thing i don't like about turkish team is that they bought vargas and they secured opp spot for next 6-7 years, but what will they do after when there is no one good enough as her to take her place.

• Eda is not like Maja, Larson or other experienced players, she wants to play as much as possible because she thinks she does not have much time. she wants use every opportunity that she has.

I mean it is not like Santa and TVF called her and said "we need you".

Last year, Santarelli and TVF wanted to give her some rest in the 3rd week, but she did not accept it.

• Also most of our NT players around 25 years old, we dont need to raise new genarations much, just need to add 1-2 more names. I believe after this year Santa will try to adapt names like Dilay Begüm and Ceylin.

• Cant disagree more. Did you Notice how young Turkish nt roster is, besides Eda? Most nt has to try their youngsters because their roster is old but turkey's roster is young with mostly early 20s so they don't have to play with youngsters. This roster can easily go to another Olympic cycle except Eda. As mentioned above, turkey's 13 players are already determined so they don't really need experimenting or trying out players unlike some other NTs

I dont get the fuss about eda. She missed many important tournaments in her early years because of injuries (2012 Olympics etc) she is highly motivated for NT and volleyball in general that she didn't even want to have baby unlike some other players who quit NT for family reasons. Just like noone criticizes Naz for choosing her family over NT, noone should criticize Eda for being so committed to her NT. She is literally one of the 3 best middle blockers in the world if not already the best. This will be probably her last year with nt(I hope not) so it makes sense that she wants to play as much as possible. Also keep in mind that turkey is playing at home, there is a huge support and popularity for NT. That's why every player is very motivated to play.

I definitely think turkey is doing the right think by playing vnl with full roster unlike some other NT. Olympics is very short with their new format, which I hate by the way. That's why teams need to play high level games to get in shape. Playing first week with full roster, alternating key players in second/third week and then playing the finals with full roster is the key for success in Olympics

• I don't mind players playing all tournaments because they all know their limits, altough eda is taking a lot of risk, but still i understand her. She wants to win olympic medal before she retires and this year they have a great chance. Only thing i don't like about turkish team is that they bought vargas and they secured opp spot for next 6-7 years, but what will they do after when there is no one good enough as her to take her place.

Vargas can play most likely 2032 if she stays healthy, and we have carutasu who is 4 years younger than Vargas so she can take over. We are talking about 8-10 years period, I'm sure there will be some young talent till then (probably one of Ceylin/Ceyda Kuyan twins)

• Eda is not like Maja, Larson or other experienced players, she wants to play as much as possible because she thinks she does not have much time. she wants use every opportunity that she has.

I mean it is not like Santa and TVF called her and said "we need you".

Last year, Santarelli and TVF wanted to give her some rest in the 3rd week, but she did not accept it.

And this commitment should be praised, not criticized. Nowadays most top players quit their NTs at age of 30 (except Brazilians of course😂) and I don't criticize them for putting their personal life above NT duties. On the other hand, players like Eda should be praised. I would only criticize a veteran if there's a younger alternative who is better than her, which is not the case for eda.

• Vargas can play most likely 2032 if she stays healthy, and we have carutasu who is 4 years younger than Vargas so she can take over. We are talking about 8-10 years period, I'm sure there will be some young talent till then (probably one of Ceylin/Ceyda Kuyan twins)

I don't think Vargas can maintain her level at the age of 30s but there are huge increases in registrations for youth teams and I'm sure we will find some good players.

Also, teams like Vakıfbank and Eczacıbaşı are doing good job about scanning young players from the Nations that has weak volleyball culture. We will probably have 1-2 more players from these countries and raise them.

• I don't think Vargas can maintain her level at the age of 30s but there are huge increases in registrations for youth teams and I'm sure we will find some good players.

Also, teams like Vakıfbank and Eczacıbaşı are doing good job about scanning young players from the Nations that has weak volleyball culture. We will probably have 1-2 more players from these countries and raise them.

Yes volleyball is number one female sport in turkey, meaning that most physically gifted players will be in volleyball selection pool. With Begüm kaçmaz, it seems like we already found replacement of Eda. If we get even one good player from each upcoming generation, we will be Fine

• Vargas can play most likely 2032 if she stays healthy, and we have carutasu who is 4 years younger than Vargas so she can take over. We are talking about 8-10 years period, I'm sure there will be some young talent till then (probably one of Ceylin/Ceyda Kuyan twins)

Turkey will definitely have amazing players on opp position, but what i want to say is considering there is vargas and then alexia they will probably not get much chance to play for A national team and gain experience because coach will reasonably take vargas over anyone for tournaments, especially because turkey wants to always win everything.

• Turkey will definitely have amazing players on opp position, but what i want to say is considering there is vargas and then alexia they will probably not get much chance to play for A national team and gain experience because coach will reasonably take vargas over anyone for tournaments, especially because turkey wants to always win everything.

It depends on the talent. Look at antropova, she is probably will be starter over egonu or at least she will get a lot of playing time. If some of the youngsters will shine in club season in the future, of course she can take the starting position from Vargas like antropova is taking it from egonu

• It depends on the talent. Look at antropova, she is probably will be starter over egonu or at least she will get a lot of playing time. If some of the youngsters will shine in club season in the future, of course she can take the starting position from Vargas like antropova is taking it from egonu

I hope so. But considering how much they waited for Vargas to become citizen and to be able to play, and also how famous she is in turkey (she got her own statue, something it took eda erdem so many years of being capiten) i can hardly see somenone taking her spot. And she hasn't reached her prime yet, she will be just better.

• I am happy that Deniz and Dilay got a chance to train with the A team - especially Dilay who is very talented:heart:

Dilay is reminding me of Naz so much, both the looks and her playing style. She is already a charismatic leader. I love Elif but I think dilay's ceiling is even higher than her and she will probably be the starting setter next Olympic cycle

• I hope so. But considering how much they waited for Vargas to become citizen and to be able to play, and also how famous she is in turkey (she got her own statue, something it took eda erdem so many years of being capiten) i can hardly see somenone taking her spot. And she hasn't reached her prime yet, she will be just better.

So what's the problem then? If a player is better and at her prime why do you want a youngster taking her spot?:what: Vargas will serve Turkish nt as long as she is at her top performance and the moment there's a better player emerging, she will get her chance.

• Turkey will definitely have amazing players on opp position, but what i want to say is considering there is vargas and then alexia they will probably not get much chance to play for A national team and gain experience because coach will reasonably take vargas over anyone for tournaments, especially because turkey wants to always win everything.

This sounds a bit strange to me. Especially saying "because turkey wants to always win everything". I don't know any strong team on court playing for loss. It seems like, you completely ignore the strength of the team and the players. It is not Vargas only. Türkiye was always in the tournaments as a strong team. Now we have another exceptional player named Ebrar, playing in two positions succesfully. This season, Ebrar was the MVP of the Russian League as OPP. Sooo, what makes Türkiye as a strong team is; we have several solutions to many different challenges. Yes we have Vargas, Ebrar, Alexia and probably Yasemin Özel when needed in certain cases, in the near future.