Brazil Women's NT 2024

• If both of them improve, they'll be a threat duo. Has Brazil ever have a good receiving duo?

Jacque / Garay in London

Gabi / Garay in Tokyo

• Actually she started her career as middle, she was the best middle blocker of junior European Championship for 1996-1997 generation but since she was so talented at that time Eczacıbaşı coaches wanted to switch her position to opposite so she played as Opp from age of 17 till 22 in Sarıyer and Galatasaray. Then when she was back ro Eczacıbaşı she was converted to outside hitter. Her reception was terrible at her first year as expected bu then she improved her reception so quickly that I am still surprised she grow into a all-around Oh she is now:rose:

Anyways sorry for offtopic

Wow what a journey. She is definitely one of those players that I really love to watch from Turkey. And I like her demeanour on court. She seems so poised. I dont know how to translate that correctly. 😂

• Wow what a journey. She is definitely one of those players that I really love to watch from Turkey. And I like her demeanour on court. She seems so poised. I dont know how to translate that correctly. 😂

She is successful and very pretty that's why she has both a lot of fans and haters😂

• Jacque / Garay in London

Gabi / Garay in Tokyo

Who were the Oh duo in Rio?:teach:

• Brait said she really isn't playing for the NT. Tbh I expected it after her post about how she loves playing pro volleyball but it comes at a cost (not being with her kids as much as she would've liked).

Of course I wanted Brait to go to Paris, but I actually think Natinha improved on a lot of the things she used to get criticized for this season. She's not Castillo/Moki level, but I think she's grown into a very solid libero. Between her and Nyeme, the choice is pretty obvious to me. Unfortunately, Zé might not agree...

• On the broadcast for the Superliga final they said Ade missed some trainings this week because of calf pain, so I don't expect her to be with the NT either.

But what's most concerning is that Thaisa said she played a lot of the season with what sounded like pretty severe thigh pain. She had to get injections to be able to endure it. If Zé makes her play week one istg

• Natinha is great, but so is Nyeme for me. I think she is heavily overcriticised. The fact that she has this particular type of setting or that she tries to score sometimes makes her special and is just something unique for her, she doesn't have to be like every other libero. IMO the criticism would be fair if she had terrible reception and defence, but she is really good in those basic elements too. In general, Brasil has great liberos now, On top with Brait of course but then Nyeme, Natinha, Lais, Lele... bright future for the NT on this position

• On the broadcast for the Superliga final they said Ade missed some trainings this week because of calf pain, so I don't expect her to be with the NT either.

But what's most concerning is that Thaisa said she played a lot of the season with what sounded like pretty severe thigh pain. She had to get injections to be able to endure it. If Zé makes her play week one istg

More chances for Julia K/Diana/Luzia playing in Week 1 then Carol maybe joining next round.

• I can be totally wrong but above all positions MB wasn’t what Brazil needed an upgrade. Brait or Natalia ( receiving Opp) would be probably be a better fit for Brazil NT.

• I can be totally wrong but above all positions MB wasn’t what Brazil needed an upgrade. Brait or Natalia ( receiving Opp) would be probably be a better fit for Brazil NT.

I think Natalia will also reject the call. I agree, MB isnt really the position Brazil needed an upgrade. Brazil has a plethora of MBs right now and have a longer career/athletic span. Setter too they can play well into their 30s+. Maybe for OP they can try Tainara, Lorrayna, Sabrina, Edinara. Can Helena transition to OP?

No fr, Natália would be such a big upgrade over Daroit. Do I like her as a person? Not at all lol but I'd be willing to swallow my pride just this once.

Gabi/Ana is definitely the starting duo, but Ana is young and still has her moments of instability. I don't want us to find ourselves in a situation where Ana is struggling in a decisive match and our options on the bench are Daroit and Julia B (I'm a Julia apologist and I believe in her potential no matter what everybody says, but I think she shouldn't be more than a serving sub for the time being).

If Natália says no, I would also consider moving Rosamaria to OH and taking one of Lorenne/Tainara as a second opposite. While I do agree that Rosa seems to be more comfortable as an opposite, she's versatile and we really need a stabilizing presence as our 3rd OH to take the pressure off Ana in case she's not in the match.

• Thaisa is joining the VNL after all. She said she's taking a two week break before joining the NT.

• Helena seems to have a good reception I would not change her to Opp position. She doesn’t seem powerful

• If Natália says no, I would also consider moving Rosamaria to OH and taking one of Lorenne/Tainara as a second opposite. While I do agree that Rosa seems to be more comfortable as an opposite, she's versatile and we really need a stabilizing presence as our 3rd OH to take the pressure off Ana in case she's not in the match.

https://www.otempo.com.br/blog…eiras-do-brasil-1.3431230

Voloch is claiming that the 4 OHs for Paris are locked and it's going to be Gabi/Ana/Julia/Rosa, so I called it.

If Daroit was playing like her WCH self, I'm sure she would still be in contention. But unfortunately we can't rely on an OH whose attack percentage was consistently in the 20s this season for the most important tournament in the world. And Basso was equally bad (her number all around are slightly better than Pri's, but still nowhere near Olympic level).

Knowing Voloch there's always the possibility that he's talking out of his ass because he beefed with Pri or something, but I do believe that moving Rosa to OH and taking another OPP as Kisy's backup (probably Lorenne, but maybe Tainara depending on how the VNL goes) is the way to go when we look at everyone's current form.

• so Lorenne, Tainara and Lorrayna in contention for the backup OP slot depending on their VNL performance. So 14 players for the OG right?

S: Macris, Roberta

OH: Gabi, Ana, Julia, Rosa

OP: Kisy, Lorenne/Tainara/Lorrayna

MB: Carol, Diana, Thaisa, Julia K

L: Natinha, Nyeme

• There will be 12+1 players. So one of Julia k and Diana will be +1 probably. Also one of natinha and nyeme won't be going to Paris. Maybe ze would bring both liberos and skip second opp. To be honest, that should be the way to go if he is really taking RosaMaria who can be the bench player for both positions. And in that scenario other libero can replace Ana C. In the backrow so that Gabi doesn't have to cover a huge space at reception. clara who do you think ze will drop among these 14 players and which one would be 13th player?

• There will be 12+1 players. So one of Julia k and Diana will be +1 probably. Also one of natinha and nyeme won't be going to Paris. Maybe ze would bring both liberos and skip second opp. To be honest, that should be the way to go if he is really taking RosaMaria who can be the bench player for both positions. And in that scenario other libero can replace Ana C. In the backrow so that Gabi doesn't have to cover a huge space at reception. clara who do you think ze will drop among these 14 players and which one would be 13th player?

Drop Julia K as she is still young and she will definitely be in the next OG. But she played more in Superliga than Diana in Turkiye though.

• Not OG related but maybe Ze can rest his main players in 1st/2nd round and use Luzia, Helena, Lorrayna, Lais, Tainara, Julia K to gain more experiences.