Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2024/25

• Do you have any source about Großer? I know it's very likely that she stays, but I haven't found an actual news about it and so far all articles from Wiesbaden only mention Sain as renewed from this season's team.

I think I read it a while ago, but not sure now.

• As usual now waiting for VBL to publish, which teams play first league and second league pro in this new season...

The Volleyball Bundesliga has announced which teams have applied for the respective leagues. For the Women's Bundesliga, eight clubs - let's call them that - applied on time and SC Potsdam was granted an extension. The article doesn't provide much more information.

Link: 92 Mannschaften stellen einen Bundesliga-Lizenzantrag für die Saison 2024/25

• The Volleyball Bundesliga has announced which teams have applied for the respective leagues. For the Women's Bundesliga, nine clubs - let's call them that - applied on time and SC Potsdam was granted an extension. The article doesn't provide much more information.

Link: 92 Mannschaften stellen einen Bundesliga-Lizenzantrag für die Saison 2024/25

Well without Potsdam actually only eight clubs applied on time. I think this is very worrying, even under the given circumstances Potsdam could have filed the formal application I think :| The article says that clubs have to prove their economic stability until 15 May and right now I see no way how Potsdam is supposed to achieve that.

• Well without Potsdam actually only eight clubs applied on time. I think this is very worrying, even under the given circumstances Potsdam could have filed the formal application I think :| The article says that clubs have to prove their economic stability until 15 May and right now I see no way how Potsdam is supposed to achieve that.

It's due to the lack of strong teams only, that VBL treats Potsdam that way. Talking with Kim Renkema at a triple ceremony we agreed, that otherwise Potsdam would have been banned from professional volleyball, not even getting a license for 2. Pro, after their manipulations with players contracts.

• Today VfB Suhl announced the signing of Laura Berger. According to the club's announcement, Suhl had previously been interested in her, but no commitment was made at the time.

Link; Laura Berger über Umweg nach Suhl

That transfer was listed as rumor on Volleybox previously based on a paywalled article, and the same article was used as source for rumors of Lydia Stemmler and Susan Schut to Suhl. So we'll have to wait for an official announcement to know whether Schut will eventually go to Suhl or Aachen.

• That transfer was listed as rumor on Volleybox previously based on a paywalled article, and the same article was used as source for rumors of Lydia Stemmler and Susan Schut to Suhl. So we'll have to wait for an official announcement to know whether Schut will eventually go to Suhl or Aachen.

To be honest, I don't think these transfers appear in this paywalled article at all. My guess is because the article is older, but these rumors were always added at the same time as they are mentioned here in the thread. That's why I tend to assume that this thread is the real source.

• To be honest, I don't think these transfers appear in this paywalled article at all. My guess is because the article is older, but these rumors were always added at the same time as they are mentioned here in the thread. That's why I tend to assume that this thread is the real source.

I saw Laura Berger and Yina Liu as rumors on Volleybox before anywhere else, both citing the paywalled article from Suhl's newspaper. So I guess at least Stemmler is also going to happen and about Schut we'll have to wait.

• I saw Laura Berger and Yina Liu as rumors on Volleybox before anywhere else, both citing the paywalled article from Suhl's newspaper. So I guess at least Stemmler is also going to happen and about Schut we'll have to wait.

Ah okay, of course I don't know exactly when it was added to Volleybox. You can track it better here. But my main argument, even if I didn't write it precisely enough in my previous post, was that the rumors were added at a different time, but with the same source. That's why I assumed that the article was just being used as an excuse source by someone who might have insider knowledge.

• Ah okay, of course I don't know exactly when it was added to Volleybox. You can track it better here. But my main argument, even if I didn't write it precisely enough in my previous post, was that the rumors were added at a different time, but with the same source. That's why I assumed that the article was just being used as an excuse source by someone who might have insider knowledge.

Yes, I agree with your last sentence :win:

• Although the TV contract between Sport1 and Volleyball Bundesliga GmbH would have covered two more seasons with regard to the women's leagues, there have already been changes. The media partner Sport1 is ending the multi-sport platform Sport1Extra, which means that women's national league games can no longer be offered there. Dyn will now take over the broadcast of these games for Sport1. At least 30 games will still be broadcast live on free TV on Sport1 in the 2024/25 and 2025/26 seasons.

Because the men's 2nd Bundesliga will also be added to the Dyn offering in the 2025/26 season, one can definitely say that this is a good deal for volleyball fans in Germany. This means you can watch all German pay-TV leagues with a subscription or via a provider. On the other hand, the deal is not so positive for foreign fans who watched the free TV games on Sport1Extra or even took out a subscription there. For a Dyn subscription you need to be resident in Germany. This means that only the live games can be watched via the Sport1 live stream, which is not of such high quality.

Link: Volleyball Bundesliga baut Partnerschaft mit Dyn frühzeitig aus

• Of course, the consideration always depends on the consumer's use and I may have focused a little too much on myself. For someone who had a club pass or who only bought individual games, this deal involves additional financial outlay. I don't want to downplay that either. Because for someone with a club pass, the costs increase from just under 60 euros to just under 102 euros if you take the monthly cancellable subscription and then only have the subscription in the months when the Volleyball Bundesliga is running. This is of course a significant increase.

• Sport 1 has lost interest in volleyball. Volleyball is only there to fill the program anyway. There were never any great ratings. I think from 2026 there will no longer be any volleyball there. The Turkish media group Acun Medya has now taken over 50% shares in Sport1. And they apparently have other plans.