European Qualification for the Olympic Games 2008

• Actually there is still chance but if Germany beat Finland and Turkey beat Serbia 3-0 or maybe 3-1.

This secon condition is rather impossible.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• About cases with Italy and Poland - some of their great players didn't participate, that's not an excuse but it inflicts on the results, no doubt about it, and I said it before the tournament and some users laughed at me. About Gruzska I also said, but somebody said: "Ohh, Gruzshka, did you seem him playing as an oppose". I don't know which role he was playing,but for sure it wasn't oppose according to me, and yeah, Gruzshka is so weak as oppose, as I predicted before the tournament. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Somebody wrote before that Russia is the weakest mentally. If you asked me, I would say that Poland is the weakest in this aspect :down: Not the first time they lose the game, which they shouldn't have lost.

I've got a little theory about this. Mental is especially important for smash servers, spikers and setters. Because when you start to be a little shaky because of pressure, you will make more mistakes spiking than receiving or blocking. The players who usually rely on their powerful serves and spikes will make more mistakes than players who used to make floating serves and "tip over the block spikes". To me that explain some of Russian's or Polish's difficulties compared to the Spanish ability to still play rather good (because they are more relying on defending, blocking and receiving than hitting the ball very hard). Also a good setter, able to keep a cold head in this kind of moments is very important. When you see Falasca or Grbic spiking (and scoring) the 24th or 25th point of their team, that tells something about their ability to lead their team through the pressure.

• wait, ill give u a cookie for ur predictions :roll:

:D Thanks, it will be so nice. :D by the way , Finland - Germany 1:0 sets. :)

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Why thinking that Szymanski won't be back to NT? Injury too serious or age? He's a good opposite.

Too many bad news from Polish NT this year :( :(

No, I think that coach lost trust to him. In interview Lozano said that he must think over it all (on whom he can count), but I don't know... maybe he'll back...

• 2:0 sets for Finland against Germany.
    And I don't know maybe the polish team needs new coach, but we'll see. :)

• 2:0 already
    germany seems to fall apart :roll:

Yeah, and 8:4 points in the third set.

• Hmm... If Finland wins, situation in this pool will be more interesting.

The most important 3:

• So, Finland is already in the semi-finals. If Serbia wins, no matter 3:0, 3:1, or 3:2, they will participate also in the semi-finals. :)

• So, what now? If I count it correctly (I mean sets) Serbia will go through along with Finland. Off course if Serbia beats Turkey today, which is more than possible.

I seem to be slow-motion today. Everybody is faster than me in writting :lol: :cursing:

The most important 3:

• The problem with the Polish NT is the fact that they have to rely a lot in two players. Winiarski and Wlazly are the ones who really go there and get the job done for the poles. Szymanski also does that sometimes, when he replaces Wlazly. Poland has a good setter, not brilliant, but he sure is much better than most of his european rivals. I really don't feel inspired by polish MBs. Plinski is OK but the other ones are really not up to the rest of the team. The problem here has nothing to do with thei ability to block or serve, but rather about their inconsistency. And when they don't feel like playing well, then Poland is headed for disaster.

The terrible season Poland has been going through has a lot to do with the inability to take the best out of Wlazly and Winiarski. Ever since the Poles got the Silver in Japan they were not able to play with both players at their best level. Whether you like it or not, that not only causes Poland to miss out on two great players, but it also has a reflection on the team itself. Whenever those two players are playing well, they inspire the team. Even not so good players rise their level when they feel inspired by someone else. Because deep down they know that if they cannot make it, someone else is there by their side to help them out or simply do it for them. Playing without this pressure is much easier.

It is like Brazil and Giba, Bulgaria and Kaziyski, Russia and Poltavsky. Even if these players are not playing their best, just their presence and team leadership completely changes the way their team mates act. As soon as they get back to the Polish NT, everybody's level should rise once again.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is still hope for Poland to turn the table and do a wonderful job in Beijing. The Poles have to work hard to qualify in the World Qualifications and if they take it seriously I am positive they will pull it through. Then they should take advantadge of their weak WL group to really work on their team spirit and physical conditions. Then drag your ass down to Brazil and give us an awesome display of high level volleyball :drink:

• In Poland you say "Zaczyna sie" as I remember. Take a beer :drink: and relax. Spain will loose.

• 2:1 sets for the Netherlands,. Spain needed one set to qualify on the first place and they got it, now will see. By the way 4th day of the tournament and there is no game ended 3:1. Will this deciecive will be the first. :D

• Spain - Holland 1:3. Spain and Holland progress to the semi-finals. Poland and Italy are out of the tournament.

• :D Too bad I didn't get to watch the game, but I really happy they won!

Congratulations Evangeline. :thumbsup:

• Today we have to count on Spain. I hope they will win. However, they don't have to, when Holland do and that's the biggest problem :huh:

I think you were true. Spain simply give up in the last set today, and played without Molto (but maybe he is not in a very good shape since he did not play the whole match yesterday).