World Cup 2007

• Quote from "Russkii"

By the way, I really don't think Italy needs Piccinini. I mean, come on, she doesn't do much...

How can you say Italy doesn't need Piccinini? She's an excellent spiker and an extremely reliable digger. Plus, at the moment none of our spikers can replace her, neither Ortolani nor Fiorin nor others, simply because they aren't as good.

• Quote from "Nastja"

sorry i do not agree. she is not the one who makes the huge difference... of course its great to have a player like she is in the team, but just aguero cant win a match. It takes a great setter (ferretti is good!) and a good receiption... Italy has everything u need to build up a strong team! every position is occupied by an A-Level player. Im so not surprised that they won against Brazil... and i am happy they did.

I agree with you. the all team of italy played very well, but the aguero make , yes, the differece. ah and cardulo too

• Quote from "paivavita"

I agree with you. the all team of italy played very well, but the aguero make , yes, the differece. ah and cardulo too

And Lo Bianco? And the best couple of middle blockers? They do make a difference. I mean that it is not just Aguero, it's the whole team. The presence of Massimo Barbolini is way more important than that of Tai Aguero.

• i'd say that aguero was the key to this perfect balance in the team.
    with her on the court the other players play better too. This is the positive effect of such a great player. Poland is giving the great opposite example. Considering that they have Glinka in their line-up they suck more than without her...
    but as berry said, there's not just aguero, but also barbolini...
    last year was just the beginning. a new coach cant achieve anything in just some weeks. now his work is paying off

:wink2:

• Brazil vs Serbia sucked. I already knew Serbian team was unstable, but yesterday was just ridiculous. I always thought Ognjenovic was a good setter but she seemed Akulova yesterday - even though the reception wasn't good, she should had played much better.
    Nikolic I never really liked much. I think Spasojevic is a much better spiker, with a lot more heart too. Serbia missed her.
    The middle players were non-existant, Citakovic scored twice. :roll: She played really well in ECH, so I expected more from her.
    Serbian libero is overweight, and it certainly shows... The only player I liked was Brakocevic, who did what she could, playing alone, and she is only 19 years old. It is a shame the other players did not have the same attitude of her.
    But enough of it, it only pisses me further.
    In the other hand, Brazil played a great match, mainly in the defense system. Paula played greatly. There is not much to say here.
    By the way, I read a quote from Waleska and Sheila, and both said Brazil lost to itself against Italy. LOL! No comments. Same arrogance as always. Waleska should shut up, she is one of the most coward players in the world, always blacks out in decisive matches.

Italy destroyed Cuba. Very impressive, although I did not watch the game. USA recovered itself after losing to Serbia.
    Anyway, now we should prepare for the men's WC.

EDIT: Forgot to say but, Piccinini might be important for her digs, but I think she is a weak spiker. I think Italy did well enough without her in GP and ECH.

• I thought Serbia would fight more against Brasil, but it was a real knockout.
    So, Italy and USA are in the OG, after today's matches. Third place is still open, but... I'm sure it will be Brasil.After succes against South Korea, Poland will probably take the 6th place. We just have to beat weak Thailand, and Japan has to lose against Brasil. Both things are more than possible.
    By the way, this 6th place is going to be the best girls place in WC (even when they were European champions, they had worse places in World Cup).

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Quote from "Konrad"

I thought Serbia would fight more against Brasil, but it was a real knockout.
    So, Italy and USA are in the OG, after today's matches. Third place is still open, but... I'm sure it will be Brasil.After succes against South Korea, Poland will probably take the 6th place. We just have to beat weak Thailand, and Japan has to lose against Brasil. Both things are more than possible.
    By the way, this 6th place is going to be the best girls place in WC (even when they were European champions, they had worse places in World Cup).

If Japan loses to Brazil and Italy beats USA, Brazil will be 2nd and USA third according to point average :cry2: :cry2:

I think Serbia was completely lost in court, but I think it was because of the pressure Brazilian players were putting on. I must admit that Brazil surprised me, I waited to see players still mourning over their ashaming loss to Italy, but they've grown up and they showed a great match. If they could keep that rhythm on the next championships, they'd be a serious candidate to be on the semis of OG. But I'm not sure they can.
    Russkii, worse than that statments that came from the players, was the statment of the coach during the timeout in first set. Telling his players that they shouldn't lose to a team with Ferretti setting, was even more arrogant.

I also did not see USA's match (:cry2:) but it seemed to be a devastating victory over Japan. I hope they could play like that against Italy but I'm not counting on it...

Poland probably will get 6th place, I think they could have done better but it's just great too, if i'm not wrong it's their best result in WC.

PS: I also don't think Piccinini all that necessary to Italy, but she's been doing great, and Fiorin wasn't in a good phase.

• I heard this issue with Ferreti. Very unethical. But he ate his words, because she played well. :lol:
    Brazil surprised me too, but Serbia did not help much either.
    I will be cheering for the US to beat Italy. ;)

• Quote from "Russkii"

I heard this issue with Ferreti. Very unethical. But he ate his words, because she played well. :lol:
    Brazil surprised me too, but Serbia did not help much either.
    I will be cheering for the US to beat Italy. ;)

Do you speak Portuguese? 8)
    Ferretti also played today and won the babo-chan, I'm happy for her!
    (and the funny thing is, that she's the setter of Pesaro, "his" team... I heard that it was his wish to have her on his team)

• Italy did a great job against Brazil and they deserved the victory. Anyway, I didn't feel ashamed of the players nor anything, for me it was a close match, in the 1st set until the 19th point both teams were tied, in the second set Brazil took the early lead and lost by the minimum difference of points, in the third set, Brazil's team lowered its resistance and Italy was destroying Brazil, but again, the team was able to narrow the gap thanks to Paula's attitude.

Walewska and Fabiana played very badly against Italy and the coach didn't try to replace them... so, I don't understand what's the point of having 4 middle-blockers in the roster. What about Fabiola... she's a tall setter... why didn't he invert the setter and the opposite when Fofão was on the net? Another thing that I don't understand... why hasn't Zé Roberto let Natalia replace Jaqueline? He thinks experienced players are everything, but Walewska seems to be sick and tired of playing for Brazil... I'm sure Valeskinha would play much better than her! She's the most coward player of the team, followed by Fabiana!

It was a 3-0 defeat, but the loss to the US team was much more disappointing... the team just blacked out... and I think this is the coach's fault... the players were not prepared to play against the US Team with different players on court, so when Lang Ping changed the players Brazil's team couldn't find an effective tactics to beat the US team.

• Well, I didn't think Zé Roberto was underestimating Ferretti when he said that, he was just saying that the Italian team wasn't complete while the Brazilian team was. He was trying to motivate the Brazilian girls...

Although I think he was coward in this match... cause all his substitutions were predictable and he didn't take chances... I don't blame him for saying that, he was just trying to make the Brazilian players more confident... which didn't work either!

As regards Aguero's subject... I think she's responsible for such a difference... the last two years she didn't play for Italy and Brazil's team never had problems in beating them... now Italy beats Brazil whenever they want and Aguero is top scorer! For me it is pretty clear that Aguero is responsible for such a difference in performance!

I really hope Brazil's team could finish 2nd... that's why I'll root for Italy against the US!

• When Brazil beat Italy in the last years, Barbolini wasn't our coach. I know that Aguero is fundamental for us, but if you are watching the match aginst the US, it is plain that Italy is winning not because of Aguero, which is actually looking like a ghost... :) :) :)

With regard to Piccinini, I meant that even though she isn't playing as well as in the old days, right now none of our younger wing-spikers can be considered to be better. Fiorin and Ortolani must improve their digging and receiving skills, with Ortolani being much better at spiking than Fiorin anyway.
    I think it's just too soon to let Francesca Piccinini go and, honestly, I am a bit worried about what will become of our NT's offensive part when Piccinini, Del Core and Secolo will go away...

• CONGRATULATIONS to the Italians! :lol: Very hardworking team and it shows that they played with their heart. :wink2:

Again, Congratulations! I'm proud of them.. 8)

• i think the Brazil lineup is wrong.

Guimaraes should have brought 3 setters/2 opposites

Have Natalia start the game instead of Jaqueline
    Caroline/Thaisa instead of Walewska/Fabiana

They should brought MARI

The team should be like this:

Setters: Fofao, Fabiola, Carolina
    MB: Thaisa, Caroline
    Hitters: Natalia, Mari, Erika, Paula
    Opposite: Sheilla, Renata
    Libero: Fabi

Brazil needs Mari! Think the team should settle their differences with Mari

• No Jaqueline = Poor game. Tsk tsk! LOL!:P

• Yeah, Italy was the best team in the tournament. It lost only two sets (against Serbia) and won every match. This is something :good: First three places (Italy, Brasil, USA) aren't surprise for me, but the way Italy won the World Cup is really impressive.
    Poland took good 6th place, the best in history and will probably play in intercontinental tournament (if girls won't win in Halle, which is very hard), but... it could have been even better. There is some disappointment, but maybe I wanted too much.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Congrats to Italy, they deserved to win this title because their volleyball was WOW! (only comment I can make)
    And thanks God I did not see any of the FIVB bullsh*ts when they chose Gioli as MVP.

Brazilian and American team were both unstable during the whole championship, 2nd and 3rd places were just matter of points. But both teams played well too. And they classified to OG... :wink2:

• I think that about Piccinini something wrong is being said...
    She wasn't in her best form in Japan, but I think she still is one of the few wing spiker that can make the difference, among with probably Logan Tom and Paula.
    She had difficulties last matches without Leo more than others, but however in reception and digging she is however one of the best
    And also spiking she is one of the best in the world...and she still can give a lot, she is 28, not old