European Olympic Qualification

• You have to consider that Balkan matches are always unpredictable no matter the real value of the teams. Generally they finish on tie break.

When Turkey, Serbia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania and Slovenia meet is always a surprise.

Serbia vs Slovenia in 2005 finished in tie break and Slovenia is not a great team. Yesterday Romania vs Croatia was tie break. Bulgaria vs Romania this year was in tie break, same as Turkey vs Serbia this year and last year.

• Serbia is still alive but it doesn't look good yet.
    Djerisilo is showing signs of life now, we can only hope she'll continue that way...

will it be another 5-set match today? OMG...itz 4:26am in hong kong now...and my heart is very weak, cant stand such excitement x2 within one day :white:

Nikolic and Ivana both not in shape today, i think the coach should try Brakocevic...

btw, serbia NT always performs very bad in the 1st match...remember EC2007? they lost in the 1st match too! but in this qualification tournament, not much chance for them to warm-up..they will be in danger if they lose any single match.

• It is going to be the 5th set in SER-ROM game. If it was, Serbia would win it. But I 'd like to see Romania as a winner :D

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Yeah, I agree,

I think Serbia was just too relaxed for this game, and Romania took them by surprise. Now things are going in the logical direction. Let's see what happens in the tie-break. I wish Serbia to win this game, otherwise that'll be a lesson to be learned. ?(

• Serbia is going to win it!! :drink: Still I'm angry on stubborn Terzic! Practically no substitutions with Brakocevic on bench. And Spasojevic at home! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Of course Croatia is not strong, but last year at ECH, Russia didn't play well against Croatia. Today they did.

Exactly my thoughts. That's the first thing I noticed. As far as I can remember, last year it was 3x0, but two sets with only 2 points lead - I remembered I was very worried after the game. Plus, then we had Godina, today we didn't, and we still crushed Croatia. There is no doubt we improved 200%.

But I want to see the games against Romania and Serbia before I am 100% convinced.

By the way, I meant to mention in my previous post, but I forgot to. Highlights of the game: Merkulova, who is SO awkward and unskilled using her foot and Gamova spiking from the middle. :D

I am glad for Poland. I am sure it is always sweet for them to beat germans on germany. But still, 3x2 against germany?I don't trust Polish team, I don't think they can win this Qualification. What was the score on the tie break anyway?

• What was the score on the tie break anyway?

15:8
    3:2 against germany is bad?
    They have an incredible team... Pachale, GRÜN, Fürst (a-class players), Dumler, Ssuschke etc... its a great team and they were just unlucky against the poles. It will be a thriller against the dutch girls...

• So, Serbia won. It is very possible, that we will have Poland-Serbia semi final. A little revange for ECH? Why not? :box:

Russkii, I also think that is not a bad result to win 3:2 against Germany. Germany is not a great team, however it's good, plays at home and playing against Germans is always something more for Poles than usual match.

The most important 3:

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• :wacko:
    I don't know how I managed to sit through this match without changing the channel. Even in the fifth set when they had that big lead I still wasn't convinced they were going to win. And they almost, almost blew it, but Maja Ognjenovic is crazy. She pissed me off a lot in this match with her little "tricks" but those two points she won in the middle of 5th set were crucial.
    I guess matches like this are becoming the trademark for Serbia. And I'm sorry to say it, but I think they are never going to be a truly elite team as long as Nikolic is playing such an important role on the team. She is such a huge liability in reception and not really reliable in attack.
    Ivana Djerisilo improved dramatically as the match went on but it's a long way to go before she's back to her old form. I miss her jump serves. :(

• I have only watched the last two sets, which were quite easy - I assume the third too, because of the score - but it is still a shame Serbia lost two sets to Romania.

Yeah, I never thought Nikolic was really good. Spasojevic is a lot better, Serbia misses her. Serbia os one of those good teams, that have no chances to win an OG though.

• After all, who won, Romania or Serbia?

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• serbia won 15:11 ;)

Between Serbia and Romania - it was better Serbia to win.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• It goes without saying that both Russia, Serbia and Poland are already qualified for the semifinals of the EQT. The last spot in the semifinal will be decided in the match between the Netherlands and Germany.

The probable semifinal matches will be:

Russia vs. Netherlands or Germany

Serbia vs. Poland

It is clear that the Polish team will finish 1st in its pool. Such semifinals depend on the victory of the Russian Team over Serbia, which is not a 100% sure, but quite probable.

• I totally agree but I feel Germany will have a lot of problems against Netherlands. My tip of second semi Russia-Netherlands ;)

• I totally agree but I feel Germany will have a lot of problems against Netherlands. My tip of second semi Russia-Netherlands ;)

In the game between Germany and The Netherlands both teams will be plaing with the knife on their throat. It should be very interesting match ( of course if Dutches win today against Turkey, but I think they will).

The most important 3:

• Germany - Holland, thats like Brazil - Argentina in football :lol:

I guess that match will have the best atmosphere of all matches in the stadium. I heard that many dutchies are on their way for that match :D

Anyway, before i forget. Here are some statements about yesterdays matches:
    RUSSIA - CROATIA
    Mijo Vukovic, Coach of Croatia: 'Today we had no chances to win this match. Russia plays just in another league than we do.'

Sanja Popovic, Spielführerin Kroatien: 'We didnt play well today but Russia didnt let us anyway. They showed why they are the current worldchampion. For me its the best team in the world right now'

Giovanni Caprara, Coach Russland: 'Im satisfied with our match today. But i dont call us the top favourite for winning this tournament. I think there are 5 teams which can win this tournament. Though i count germany in as well i think that it will be very hard for the germans. The pressure is very high, since this is their only chance to qualify to the OGs. And too much pressure mostly effects badly on a teams performance.'

Liubov Shashkova, Spielführerin Russland: 'We played very well today and won with a deserved 3:0. Today we can be very satisfied with our blocks and serves. In these aspects we were a class apart from the Croations.'

POLAND - GERMANY
    Tanja Hart: 'We let the Poles back into the match. After the 3rd set they were totally confused. I dont know if happened because of lack of concentration or cos we won the previous set so so clearly. Now we have to win against the dutch team and that wont be easy. They have a high block and good attackers.'

Marco Bonitta: 'All the spectators wont regret their coming today. It was a really great and exciting match. I am very proud of my team, it really deserved the victory because we never gave the match up and maybe because we wanted that victory even more than the german team. This was most decisive for us especially in close situations, although i have to admit that these critical decisions made in set 4 could have been decided against us as well.'

Milena Rosner: 'Congratulations to Germany, they played very well today, especially their defense was convincing. But we played just too concentrated in the 5th set and had the luck to have Anna Podolec in our team, who ensured the victory for us with her serving series.'

Giovanni Guidetti: 'Today i have seen our best match in the last 5 month, the more disappointed i am that we didnt win. We were really strong in all aspects - till the score 12:8 in the 4th set. Then we had our weakness period though i believe that the team was still in the match until the controversial referee decisions. But after that we lost the set. In the 5th set it was clearly visible that Poland had more reserves left and they used this advantage. Even though this defeat hurts, it didnt change anything about our initial starting situation. It was obvious to me that our Pool will be decided on friday night even before the tournament started. And exactly this is what will happen in our "final" against the Netherlands.

Angelina Grün: 'Im feeling a mix of disappointment and anger right now. We played such a great 3rd set and were leading till the middle of the 4th set but then it stopped. But it was not just our fault, I look at the 1st referee decision very sceptically. In the 5th set we started with a typical false start and if that happens, the match is over. But eventhough im looking optimistical at the match against the Netherlands - this counts and we will do everything to qualify for the semifinal.

Christiane Fürst: 'It was a clear increase of performance today in comparison against the Turks. We played in some phases greatly, the 3rd set was very strong from us. Unfortunatly this performance was not enough to win. But that didnt change anything - we have to win against the Netherlands on friday.'

SERBIA - ROMANIA
    Florin Grapa, Coach of Romania: 'Very sad that we lost that match. We had such a good position in the match, 2:0 leading in sets and in the end nothing. But now i wish Serbia good luck and that they win the qualification tournament.'

Carmen Marcovici, Captain of Romania: 'We are really very disappointed, this defeat was unnecessary und unfortunate. Actually Serbia play on another level than we do, but that wasnt noticable today.'

Nebojsa Protic, Co-Coach of Serbia: 'I have no idea what was wrong with us in the first 2 sets. Seems like we thought that we will win the match with just 50% of our power. 25 unforced errors, says it all. Im totally happy that we were able to turn that match around and to keep our chances for qualifying to the OGs.'

Vesna Citakovic, Captain of Serbia: 'In the first 2 sets we totally slept. Seems like we did everything possible wrongly. Luckily we were able to increase our level and win this important match. But we have to increase ourselfes in the next matchs extremly'