Brazil NT 2014

• 1) Brazil was the winner of the 2014 South American Girl's Youth Championship in Tarapoto, Peru.
    Top 3 teams are qualified for the 2015 World Championship.

Standings
    1. Brazil
    2. Argentina
    3. Peru
    4. Colombia
    5. Chile
    6. Uruguay

All-star team
    OHs: Adriana Durán (Colombia) and Anahí Tosi (Argentina)
    MBs: Candelaria Herrera (Argentina) and María Paula Caraballo (Colombia)
    Opp: Katherine Regalado (Peru)
    S: Amanda Sehn (Brazil)
    L: Valentina González (Argentina)
    MVP: Beatriz Carvalho (Brazil)

The Coliseo Bicentenario de Morales was jumping. Aroud 4,500 fans attended. Impressive figure for an aged championship.

2) Fabi's decision on retirement took me by surprise. On no account I was expecting that. :S
    It's something to worry about. Fabi, Fabiana and Sheilla were the most regular players from 2005 to 2013, when Brazil played all finals in all FIVB events and the Olympics. They've played right along a hell of a consistent volleyball. It reminds me the 2013 World Grand Prix, how Brazil was struggling for everything against every single opponent until week 2 and how Fabi has made it easier when she took the court in week 3 and Brazil didn't drop a set from that on.
    Camila Brait is good at passing and dig, but Fabi is out of her league yet. I hope she gets better for the Olympics!

3) Zé Roberto and Bernardinho took part in a soccer series 'Encontros Mundiais' released by Espn few days before the World Cup.
    Zé was talking with a famous goalkeeper in Brazil Rogério Ceni. He's the top goalkeeper scorer in history.

http://espn.uol.com.br/video/4…o-brasil-ao-japao-parte-1
    http://espn.uol.com.br/video/4…o-brasil-ao-japao-parte-2

An interesting fact happened when Rogério Ceni was setting out Brazil as the big favourite to win the World Cup: 'Don't you think playing on home turf makes things harder?' Zé asked. 'No' Rogério answered.
    After a while, Zé added 'I, for one, do not like playing big competitions at home. I prefer away'.
    The result we all know: Brazil had the worst score ever in an official match during the World Cup in Brazil and fail.
    So I was researching into the subject trying to find out when was the last time a volleyball squad had the pleasure to celebrate a title in a big competition (Olympic Games or World Championship) in front of their fans.
    It was long time ago, about 30 years, in Los Angeles. In case Italy and Poland fail, it will make 32 years in Rio de Janeiro. It seems playing host is a thing that can really put you through.
    Rio 2016 is a huge challenge. Only Cuba won 3 gold medals in a row and there's also this home thing. It sounds like playing against all odds.

Another interesting part: 'I know many good players until the 20th point, only few till the 25th'.
    Yes, we know. :D

• so where is roster ?

The roster for GP's first week has not been released yet, but there are about 16 girls training
    Setters: Dani Lins, Fabíola, Ana Tiemi
    OHs: Natália, Gabi, Jaqueline, Fe Garay
    OPPs: Sheilla, Tandara (also OH), Andréia, Monique
    MBs: Fabiana, Thaísa, Adenízia, Ana Carol
    Liberos: Camila Brait

• I'm interested in Sheillas perfomance at WG because she is not on her best shape. The club WCH and the friendly matches between USA said everything.

I gotta a feeling that the World Championship will be the best of her. The team is in a good mood for this competition.
    Don't take the USAV Cup so deadly serious.
    I didn't watch the matches, only some points in the second one, but it was clear to me that the team was slow and with no deep strategy.
    It happens when you're in the beginning of the season. You work out hard at the gym and your body feels tired. You don't have quick reactions in the play. Also you're not going about your opponents game.
    I'm sure the team will look better now and much better for the WCh.

everything looks great on paper except of Camila lol and worst thing is that she is only libero :sos:

Yes. The libero is a core player in Brazilian teams for the sake of the middles and the overall game. It's hard to imagine a Brazilian team winning something with no good liberos. Camila is good and there's room for improvement yet. She just needs her time.

• [quote='harboboy','index.php?page=Thread&postID=262749#post262749']I'm interested in Sheillas perfomance at WG because she is not on her best shape. The club WCH and the friendly matches between USA said everything.

I gotta a feeling that the World Championship will be the best of her. The team is in a good mood for this competition.
    Don't take the USAV Cup so deadly serious.
    I didn't watch the matches, only some points in the second one, but it was clear to me that the team was slow and with no deep strategy.
    It happens when you're in the beginning of the season. You work out hard at the gym and your body feels tired. You don't have quick reactions in the play. Also you're not going about your opponents game.
    I'm sure the team will look better now and much better for the WCh.

I agree with you.. I watch all the matches and it was clear that Brazil did not care much about those matches.. maybe in the last 2 yes, because they already lost the previous two.. But WGP and WCH are another story.. The motivation will be much bigger at least

• From the photos the players posted, Ana Tiemi and Tandara didnt travel to Italy.

Ana Tiemi out didn't surprise me, b ut Tandara out is a surprise...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• sheilla better get her act together and start playing well again. gamova's back and if she's back brazil will need sheilla at 100% fast or else it will be russia again at the WCH.

Sheilla vs Gamova! bring it on! :box: :D :super: :cheesy: :lol:

• Tandara is out due to the injury she suffered during the Montreux.
    She will probably be back next week in Brazil.

• So korean roster is pretty much the same. Great!

I came across this very nice video today. It's a Brazil v Korea match at the World Grand Champions Cup in 2005. Given the previous results in the competition, it turned into a final.
    From the line-ups we saw in the Grand Prix's week 1, only 3 players remain as starting-six on each side: Sheilla, Fabiana, Jaque, Kim, Han and Lee. Ironically, Sheilla (19), Fabiana (17) and Jaque (14) were Brazilian top scorers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK6bm02WqhQ

São Paulo's venue is a must. Several top-notch players and whatever goes with it. :cheesy:

• OMG Kim is so cute and small :rolll:
    thank you for sharing this. Have you been in the stadium last week? It's a pity that Korea showed very awful performance last week against Brazil and USA. :wall: I did not expect Korea could win, but it was extraordinarily bad.

• OMG Kim is so cute and small :rolll:
    thank you for sharing this. Have you been in the stadium last week? It's a pity that Korea showed very awful performance last week against Brazil and USA. :wall: I did not expect Korea could win, but it was extraordinarily bad.

Of course Korea could win. My Olympic memory told me that. ;)
    All in all, we expected Brazil, USA and Russia to win, though I'm not betting all my money on Brazil when Kim is on the other side. We learned this great deal in London and it seems Brazil succeeded to grasp the concept. :D
    I also wasn't expecting Brazil and USA rolling over. I guess the korean inexperienced players just need one or two days to collect themselves. The win over Russia was remarkable. :thumbup:

By the way, it's hard to qualify for the F6, I know, but still possible, right? Korea must split with Serbia and beat China and Japan. Hope springs eternal!

• Thank you for your encouraging!! :flower: I hope to see Baek as starter in 3rd week. ;)
    Such a nice team Brazil. I was very surprised by their perfect defence and teamwork. Bravo! Carry on the good work!

• Brazil will take part in the South American U22 Championship in Popayán, Colombia from 20 to 24 August. It's the first edition of this tournament.

CSV will stream the competition. The schedule and the link for the live webcast are available here:
    http://www.voleysur.org/v1/transmision-campeonatos-csv.asp

Peru is a nice team and can go down to Brazil if they bring out the best in them. Ángela Leyva will be there.
    I also want to give heed to Argentina.

• 1) Brazil U22 were the South American champs with a 5-0 record. Surprisingly, Colombia finished second (4-1). Both teams will take part in the Women's U23 World Championship as a result.

Standings
    1. Brazil
    2. Colombia
    3. Peru
    4. Argentina
    5. Chile
    6. Venezuela

All-star team
    MVP: Angela Leyva (PER)
    S: Juma Silva (BRA)
    Opp: Ana Paula Cruz (BRA)
    L: Camila Gomez (COL)
    OHs: Gabriela Souza (BRA) and Amanda Coneo (COL)
    MBs: Ivone Montana (COL) and Valquiria Dillius (BRA)

2) Congratulations to Brazil! It was amazing how the team brought it off. :super:
    In fact, winning the World Grand Prix is a backbreaking job. 5 matches in 5 days. Crazy! :cheesy:
    Glad to see Jaque back in the saddle. She is an asset to our team now we play with the middles so much.
    One of the things I was thinking about is how Brazil is coming around after an unexpected defeat every single year since 2012. It's one of the reasons why I wasn't feeling puzzled at the beginning of the Final Round.
    At the Olympics, Brazil lost to Korea and it was a turning point in the way to the title. In 2013, Brazil lost to Bulgaria and since then the team won all matches in straight sets. This year, the loss to Turkey and the four wins afterwards.
    The players are showing great maturity. That's why is so important going through the finals, instead of taking part in the competition only. There are some situations you don't create at the gym.

• Setters: Dani Lins and Fabíola
    OHs: Jaque, Fe Garay, Natália and Gabi
    OPPs: Sheilla and Tandara
    MBs: Thaísa, Fabiana, Adenízia and Carol
    Liberos: Camila Brait and Léia

• No complaint. The best players we have at the moment will be there. Luckily for us, no injuries this time. It would play a decisive role for Brazil.
    I'm fine with Monique out. Carol and Adenízia are more helpful by now.

Nine days to go. I'm counting down. :dance6:
    Go Brazil! :super: We deserve it.