You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female
  • "JoanaBG" started this thread

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 11:01pm

Silvija Popović was given some time to rest and will skip the Grand Prix this year.

Before GP Serbia will play at the Yeltsin Cup.

Will Blagojevic take her role?

Yes, and Teodora Pušić will be the second libero.

Maja Ognjenović's biography was published yesterday, called "Maja at the net". At its presentation Maja said that she hopes that there are still a few more chapters to be added in the next edition, but that they sadly won't be about NT.

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 11:38pm

Silvija Popović was given some time to rest and will skip the Grand Prix this year.

Before GP Serbia will play at the Yeltsin Cup.

Will Blagojevic take her role?

Yes, and Teodora Pušić will be the second libero.

Maja Ognjenović's biography was published yesterday, called "Maja at the net". At its presentation Maja said that she hopes that there are still a few more chapters to be added in the next edition, but that they sadly won't be about NT.

Oh really.. I would like to have it.. Can that be bought only in Serbia?

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 11:49pm

I would love to read that 8o

I expect it will only ever be printed in Serbian though so I have no chance ;(

Maxwell

Intermediate

Favourite Team: USANT

Friday, June 9th 2017, 1:06am

Wow 16 yrs. old...a great comeback to win. That's why we know why Maya is so serious.

Friday, June 9th 2017, 2:56am

Terzic could use Busa as libero in the Grand Prix instead of Blagojevic, this could help her develop some defense skills.

I wonder if Serbia will play to win this Grand Prix or Terzic will "avoid" reaching the finals again?

According to flashscore, Yeltsin Cup 2017 will have Russia,Serbia,Bulgaria,Turkey and Kazakhstan.
http://www.flashscore.com/volleyball/wor…omen/standings/

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Friday, June 9th 2017, 3:39am

I really like Blagojevic, but I don't think she can be a libero at the highest level. Popovic is not young so I would like to see Pusic get a lot of time on court because we don't know what Popovic's level could be in a few years.

I don't think Terzic would use Busa as libero. I think it's more important that she develops her attacking skills than her defending skills

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Friday, June 9th 2017, 3:46pm

I wonder if Serbia will play to win this Grand Prix or Terzic will "avoid" reaching the finals again?

No, there's no reason to tank this year. They did it the last two years because WC and OG were too close and they were obviously the most important tournaments, but this summer is diiferent and there's enough time between GP and ECh.
However, Terzić said that losing the main setter is a very big change and they'll have to start from scratch in many ways even though most of the team is the same. So, they'll be using GP to get themselves into play and be ready for ECh. It means that having a good result in GP is not the absolute priority, but it definitely doesn't mean they'll be losing on purpose.

Friday, June 9th 2017, 3:55pm

That`s great. Because I really don`t want to see Brazil winning the Grand Prix again. :D

No, there's no reason to tank this year. They did it the last two years because WC and OG were too close and they were obviously the most important tournaments, but this summer is diiferent and there's enough time between GP and ECh.
However, Terzić said that losing the main setter is a very big change and they'll have to start from scratch in many ways even though most of the team is the same. So, they'll be using GP to get themselves into play and be ready for ECh. It means that having a good result in GP is not the absolute priority, but it definitely doesn't mean they'll be losing on purpose.

LLOYD

Intermediate

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 12:56am

Well, Serbia will play in European Championship this year and I think he can change his mind and may avoid to play in final round as always :whistling:

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Monday, June 19th 2017, 9:26pm

Mina Popović is having trouble with her shoulder again and is not training currently. That injury just won't go away. :S Tijana Bošković has a minor ankle injury, but it's not too serious.

Terzić is very unhappy with some players who finished their season earlier because they showed up for preparations "in unacceptable shape". He didn't mention any names, but I kinda get the feeling he's talking about Mihajlović. :whistle:

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Naz, Gamze, Kosheleva, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa

Monday, June 19th 2017, 11:06pm

Yea I agree and I can see how he thinks that about probably Brankica since I've seen her do a lot nothing for months now... :whistle:

Monday, June 19th 2017, 11:47pm

I feel bad for Mina Popovic, hopefully she`s getting the right treatment. And I hope this Boskovic`s minor injury is really nothing.

I hope she will let Bjelica and Malargurski play at the Yetsin Cup.

I`m not gonna lie, Mihajlovic looks a little bit heavy, mostly of the girls went to some wedding this weekend, and on the photos Mihajolivc has a red dress and she looks "bigger" than everyone else ( maybe could be just the dress). Of course for a normal person she`s in a amazing shape, but for a athlete she needs to be more careful.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Tuesday, June 20th 2017, 12:35am

It was Nataša Krsmanović's wedding! Congrats to her :flower:

Tuesday, June 20th 2017, 1:23am

Oh ok, I was wondering if it was her or not, but I could not tell by the photo, she looks so different as bride, and they did not tag her on the photo.

According to worldofvolleyball Boskkovic`s has a fibula fracture she sustained during the WCH qualification. With a fibula fracture you can walk and do normal things, but definitely you can`t play volleyball, it takes at least 2 months to heal the least.

That`s why I was saying it made so sense to make Boskovic play against those weak teams and set her 80% of the time, she should have played only against Check Rep. and Poland.

;( ;(

http://www.worldofvolley.com/News/Latest_news/Serbia/85969/gp-2017-serbian-nt-head-coach-announces-18-woman-list-for-2018-grand-prix.html

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "rbdfabio" (Jun 20th 2017, 5:43am)

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Wednesday, June 21st 2017, 1:25am

I hope she will let Bjelica and Malargurski play at the Yetsin Cup.

I'm pretty sure she won't be playing there. Her leg is not fully mobile and she's not training at 100% now, she probably won't be ready in just a week and it doesn't make sense to risk aggravating the injury at an unimportant tournament.

Slađana Mirković and Sara Lozo got cut off the roster. I'd rather see Lozo there instead of Lazarević and I'm not sure it makes sense to have as many MBs as OHs on the team, but hey.
In other news, Milena Rašić is completely recovered and is training normally.

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Favourite Players: Lloyd, Haak, Robinson, Dürr, Goncharova, Courtois, Meijners, Orthmann, Hanke, Dijkema, ter Horst, Jorna, Kingdon, Fetisova, Havelkova, Lippmann, Stevanovic

Wednesday, June 21st 2017, 9:49am

Mirkovic is extraordinarily terrible for Serbian standard.

Favourite Team: Vakifbank

Favourite Players: Kimberly Hill, Olesia Rykhliuk, Hui Ruoqi, Foluke Akinradewo

Saturday, June 24th 2017, 6:30am

there is rumor that Tijana Bošković had a fractured fibul recently ??

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Saturday, June 24th 2017, 5:30pm

Well, it's (still) not confirmed how serious it really it, but yes, she has a problem with her fibula. Apparently it's a pre-existing condition that she sustained during the club season in Eczacibasi already, but as it wasn't fully treated and she kept playing, it got worse. We should know the exact extent of the injury soon.

Saturday, June 24th 2017, 6:15pm

Oh nooo, first Thaisa and now Boskovic. That`s unacceptable from Vitra, I lost all my respect for the club. What are they doing? They can`t let injured players play, safety comes first.

That explains why her level dropped a little bit towards the end of the season.
Well, it's (still) not confirmed how serious it really it, but yes, she has a problem with her fibula. Apparently it's a pre-existing condition that she sustained during the club season in Eczacibasi already, but as it wasn't fully treated and she kept playing, it got worse. We should know the exact extent of the injury soon.

Saturday, June 24th 2017, 6:29pm

But she played really well during the world club championship. Maybe she got the injury in the WCH qualification, where she took nearly 50 percent of the attack.

Oh nooo, first Thaisa and now Boskovic. That`s unacceptable from Vitra, I lost all my respect for the club. What are they doing? They can`t let injured players play, safety comes first.

That explains why her level dropped a little bit towards the end of the season.

Social bookmarks