2013 CEV Champions League

• I had some problems with the stream too. The rotation for sure was strange, but I saw both Sokolov and Ngapeth playing in the middle and even scoring from the middle. It wasn't that often, but it did happen and I guess it worked in this game.

Yeah I think that Cuneo is trying to preserve some power for the game against Macerata Sunday.

I want to see the whole game too, because most of the time I watched some slideshow instead of video.

• My stream was stopping every once in a while, so I couldn't follow the whole match, but I saw Ngapeth as a MB. The reason is the following: Cuneo obviously had the intention of playing with the second squad plus Sokolov and the libero De Pandis. I guess Piazza didn't want to risk by including the starter Kohut, Mastrangelo was out of the group anyway, so the only option was Andrea Rossi. As far as I could see from the official sheet, he brought some juniors with the team, one of them Edoardo Picco who is a middle-blocker, but why he didn't give him a chance is a coach's decision. From the three available OHs - Ngapeth, Antonov and Della Lunga I would also probably choose the Frenchman to stay in the middle when he is in front. However, I don't remember him attacking from the middle, I don't think it happened too often. Also, I remember him helping with the reception when he was in the back. Obviously Piazza used some weird rotation, it did the work against a modified Arago squad. I wish I could see the whole match to tell you exactly what Piazza did with Ngapeth and on whose position De Pandis was coming in, but I am almost sure Sokolov didn't play in the middle.

I didn't watch quite carefully but I saw Sokolov playing in the midddle(remember him scoring a great block point) and also saw Ngapeth spiking through the middle in the second set(it was a very spectacular spike too) :thumbsup:

• I watched the match again, Sokolov spiked from the middle

• I have just realised that if there is 28 teams in the group stage then even if somebody is 2nd in their group is not in safety to qualify as they let just 12 to the next stage. So now the 7 first ranked teams plus the 5 best 2nd qualifies?

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• So now the 7 first ranked teams plus the 5 best 2nd qualifies?

That's right.

But since one of these team will organize the final 4, the 6th best second team will replace it in play-off.

So you can say that only the worst 2nd-ranked team will fail to qualify for play-off.

• I have just realised that if there is 28 teams in the group stage then even if somebody is 2nd in their group is not in safety to qualify as they let just 12 to the next stage. So now the 7 first ranked teams plus the 5 best 2nd qualifies?

You remind me! Yes, that is the case! I had always considered that there would be 14 teams going into the playoff, just as the situation in football case ...But it's so wrong I found I was.... :aww: following is the exact regulation:
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…tition.aspx?ID=566&PID=-1

• Great game between Marek and Arkas! Marek won the first set after being 16:19 and 22:24 down. Marek has sth like 12 blocks in the first game alone :obey: All of the 4-5 setters which played in the first set are not doing very good job :lol:

Marek players look like they are playing for their lives!

• Fenerbahçe is the sixth ranked team in the standings in Turkish league. :whistle:

Any reason for their consistent tragic performance? I knew at the beginning of the season several players had flu, but that can't be the only explanation.
    Why hasn't Bagnoli been fired by now? I adore Miljkovic, but his statistics are terrible, isn't there a substitute?

• Any reason for their consistent tragic performance? I knew at the beginning of the season several players had flu, but that can't be the only explanation.
    Why hasn't Bagnoli been fired by now? I adore Miljkovic, but his statistics are terrible, isn't there a substitute?

Skra played with deep reserves and youth player from young section of Skra, so I'm a bit shocked by final result. :what:

• Any reason for their consistent tragic performance? I knew at the beginning of the season several players had flu, but that can't be the only explanation.

Main setter Arslan is injured and they cant play with second setter Sercan due to some other problems therefore they have had to play with the third setter who is very young an inexperienced .They have been playing terrible even in Turkish league.Cernic and Serban middle are very wrong transfers ,their contribution to the team is very little.I think Bagnoli will be fired soon!

• I was in Unterhaching. A great, great level of volleyball, at least I enjoyed it a lot. There was drama as 3 points might've guaranteed Haching a place in the Play-offs 12. ACH were very happy after clinching the first two sets - enough to finish second and go to the next round. They unloaded the pressure afterwards and won the game 3-1 despite dropping the third set. There is something different to this year's Unterhaching, something's just not working they way it should, but it gives me a hard time to define exactly what. ACH looked to me more tactically prepared. Most of the Haching attacks were touched by the defence or the block. Hirsch, Skladany, Hupka finished the game instead of Duennes, Steuerwald, Shafranovich. On the other side ACH was really great. Haven't watched the stats yet, just remember how many digs they made tonight. I never really liked Flajs, he is supposed to be a main receiver and he often has problems even with that, in addition to a usually bad attack efficiency, but tonight he was great in attack after the first set. The moment ACH closed the opener 30-28 the question about the second place was more or less answered.

Too bad for Haching as I wanted to watch more Champions Laegue after the winter break.. Hope they will bring some good team for the CEV Cup eliminations now.

Canter explained everything but I found out (from a friend who is very close to Fener) that players werent satisfied with Bagnoli's training methods as they were brutal and exhausting

• BERLIN Recycling Volleys (GER) vs. Zenit KAZAN (RUS)

Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS) vs. TRENTINO Diatec (ITA)

Zaksa KEDZIERZYN-KOZLE (POL) vs. Noliko MAASEIK (BEL)

Arkas IZMIR (TUR) vs. PGE Skra BELCHATOW (POL)

Asseco Resovia RZESZOW (POL) vs. Lube Banca Marche MACERATA (ITA)

ACH Volley LJUBLJANA (SLO) vs. Bre Banca Lannutti CUNEO (ITA)

• Bełchatów in himself area may be in Final 4 but this time not as Host.

Novosibirsk Host but matches will be in Omsk.