Grand Champions Cup 2009 - Japan

• I was hoping Poland to beat Brazil, but without Zagumny the team is different. Even a cyborg may no be enough then ?(

• I was hoping Poland to beat Brazil, but without Zagumny the team is different.

And now even without Piotr Gruszka... :( :( :(
    Gruszka hasn't recovered from the injury, which he had got in the beginning of the season. Very bad news for Poland: no Zagumny and Gruszka
    Well I'm trying to consoling myself: before ECH we also had so many health problems in the team... :wall:

P.S. Young middle blocker 8| Karol Kłos will replace Gruszka in Japan.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• eh :down:
    but anyway i was excpecting that Wika would replace Gruszka instead of KLos, but that is probably cus Mozdzonek is ill

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Poland will play in this tournament without 5 biggest stars: Zagumny, Gruszka, Winiarski, Świderski and Kadziewicz.
    I don't know why Kadziewicz isn't in squad. He isn't injured. He plays in first "6" of Lokomotiw Belgorod. I fear our setters. Łomacz is unexperienced player and Woicki sometimes play good but he isn't class player. Maybe Łukasz Żygadło could be good alternative to Łomacz and Woicki but the main reason why Castellani didn't appoint him to National Team is that he is second setter od Trento.

• Well, Kadziewicz seems to be a special case...Not for the first time :huh:

The most important 3:

• The Cuban teams

Roberlandy Simon, will be the team captain, followed by Wilfredo Leon, considered NORCECA's most valuable player. Others are Raidel Hierrezuelo, Michael Sanchez, Osmani Camejo, Yoandri Leal, Keibel Gutierrez, Rolando Cepeda, Fernando Hernandez, Odelvis Dominico, Yoandi Diaz and Henry Bell, which did not play at NORCECA.

this is the best from them, they win norceca championship against USA, 3-1one month ago.

Brazil- I red that vissoto arrived at japan directly from qatar, giba and rodrigao also will be in the team,
    as bruno,eder and lucas from Cimed whom also played in qatar in club champions cup.
    i dont know if murilo endres will play i asumed he will .

• Cuba will win this, that's quite clear to me. Poland without Zagumny is gonna get murdered.

Poland without Zagumny is gonna get murdered.

I thought the same when I saw their squad for the ECH in Turkey :D but they should never be underestimated! I, personally, think Brazil is still going to overcome Cuba and take the trophy, but there is something to say: this is the chance for Cuba to make the surprise. For 2 main reasons: first, they start exactly against Brazil and as we know, Brazil tends to (sometimes) start a competition badly. The other main reason is the half new Brazilian squad Rezende is building, which might cause some problems even though Vissotto, Bruno, Rodrigao, Sergio and Giba are still going to play! Cuban NT is indeed very young, but we saw this summer what they can do. Poland has a great team despite the problems, I don't doubt they will fight :) However, I still think Brazil will probably take the title again.

• In the world league the only game which Poland won against Finland was with Zagumny...

• Ok, you are right, but Poland in ECH was totally different team compared with WL Poland, who lost 3 times to FInland

• Poland are without Zagumny, but still they are a world class team, no doubt. I'm curious to see whether Cubans improved their reception. If they did, they have very good chances against the slow-starters from Brasil :)

• Ok, you are right, but Poland in ECH was totally different team compared with WL Poland, who lost 3 times to FInland

Yeah, Poland is different with Paweł. He's brain of our team, one of the best setters in the world, so it's not strange that guys are playing different, better when he set. Łomacz is still not so experienced. I mean not so expeienced as Guma or even Woicki. He's still young, so he still can learn more. I think Woicki will be the first setter. I mean, he's pretty good setter, and team looks not bad, when he's setting. During the qualifying for the WCh he played really good. Whole team played well, when he played as a setter. I really hope he'll show similar shape in Japan as in Gdynia. Unfortunately, I didn't see him playing in Delecta this season, so I donnu what shape he presents, but I really hope he'll play good in Japan. He can set really well!

• u guys are right that Zagumny's absance is a big upset for Poland NT but i think both Woicki and Lomacz will be fine. Lomacz improved a lot . he didin't play well in WL but know he's got lots of confidance and Woicki in his best shape is veeeery good setter . the problem with these 2 is their high-they are both quite small even for a setter...
    i aslo expect that some of our younger player will get a chance to shine like Nowakowski Lomacz Bartman(Kurek really needs some rest he is playing like machine since world league he did not skip any of NT matches and Skra's as well and we all see how exploited he is)

i think we will be 3rd on this tournament and and tommorow it's first but basicly the most importand match Cuba-Brasil-who knows maybe it's fight for a gold :)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• but basicly the most importand match Cuba-Brasil-who knows maybe it's fight for a gold :)

3:2 for Brazil :D

Cuba - Brazil 2:3 (22:25, 26:24, 18:25, 25:23, 10:15)

Cuba: Leon, Leal, Camejo, Sanchez, Simon, Hierrezuelo, Gutierrez (L), Bell, Hernandez

Brazil: Bruno, Visotto, Giba, Murilo, Rodrigao, Lucas, Sergio (L) dos Santos, Lopez, Marlon

What a pity, that I couldn't watch this match :( But as u can see both teams played on similar level, so I guess it was really interesting match ;)

• Was really interesting match.Was most surprised with the name of Leon, 16 years old and in starting six of Cuba! What a talented boy!

• Well, first game against hosts are usually difficult and it was the same this time: Japan-Poland 3:2 :(
    It wasn't a good gamy by Poland; there was to big pressure on Kurek, who is our main force, while neither Gromadowski nor Jarosz were good today. We had also bad reception (Shimizu :roll: ). We gave too many opportunities for japaneses to win this gam and they took an advantage of it.
    So, we had three five-set games today. Cuba fought well against Brazil. I'm a little bit surprised with Iranian victory over Egypt.
    Tomorrow, against Cuba, we are not favorites at all.

The most important 3:

• 3:2 for Japan. :S Well it's just commercial event, but it doesn't change the fact that we played really poorly today.
    Łomacz didn't set well, I think Woicki was just a little bit better, but he also made some mistakes. Whole team didn't show anything special. Bartek is tired, he need rest. He won't win whole match, he has so many matches under his belt...in Skra and in NT. He's playing almost all the time...from the begining of WL. He really need some rest.
    Jarosz and Gromadowski also didn't play well today. Even Igła made stupid mistakes...
    Ehh...really bad match. Congratulations for Japanese team. They're deserved winners of this match. They played just better, so they won. Pity, that we lost our first match on Grand Champions Cup, but what to do...
    Tomorrow we'll play against Cuba. Everyone knows how strong Cubans are, so it's gonna be really though match for us.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for our team, but I'm really afraid of that match. That's right, we won't be favorites in match against Cuba.
    Anyway, Dawać chłopaki!

• My sympathies are with Cuba, not because I don't like Brazil or Poland, but because Cuba should be the constant volleyball dominator in the world - they have the natural talents for the sport. The only reason why Cuba does not win every year every gold is because they have the worst communist regime in history and they play without dozens of A+ class players - like Angel Dennis, Leonel Marshall, Huantorena and so on and so on. Their people suffer under the satanistic rule of Castro family and they deserve to get more titles.

However - I wish Poland to grab some medals and individual award for Mozdzonek of course :super: