Olympic Games - 2012 London (qualification process)

• But this Italian Team is hot! :whistle:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• The match is great and high level so far IMO

Please when match is over give a scenario of how is going to be the world qualification, i am totally lost

GO GERMANY !

• Congrats Italy!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Don't be happy, just take care of your hairs :mirror:

Feel sorry for Germany. I thought they are able to make a suprise in this final. I was sure of it after 4th set. Unfortunately.

• Italy won and I'm really happy!! they didn't play perfectly (Bari :aww: ) but at least htey won...
    I liked Fei and Zaytsev most..I'm sorry for the German team, it was sad to see them crying at the end of the match!!
    anyway I knew that Savani wasn't 100%..

• Argentina - Venezuela 3:0 (25-19, 25-19, 27-25)

Argentina is in London :win:

It could have been easier if Pereyra stayed at his home :whistle: but we had to win at all costs and that's what matters.

• Now that FIVB has favoured us to host 3 (plus one WL group stage) international tournaments I hope the organizers will improve every time, so that we can host the WL finals with a great success. I can't say how proper the situation outside and on the stands inside was, but this is their first concern, especially when we organize something like this for the first time. I heard no complaints about it, so maybe they took care. Suggested improvements could be the sound during time-outs and court changes, as well as during the national anthem performances, there were some fails. Greatest improvement needed though is the television coverage. As far as this element is concerned, we fall behind significantly from Italy and Poland, for example.

It was not a badly organized event, I guess we finally belong to the European family with this hall, it was about time we saw Bulgaria host something. I know our jerky federation is in good relationships with both CEV and FIVB, but I don't want Bulgaria to host almost everything, once we qualify to London we will be set :D

• World League finals are imporant to us either we qualify to the Olympics or not. If we qualify they will be general repetition for the Olympics - winning a medal will set us on the path for medal on the OG. If we don't qualify that could be our moment of glory, we will have more motivation than any other team in the world to win it. That if Zhekov and Kaziyski both play in the team and no more injuries of main players occur.

• Now that FIVB has favoured us to host 3 (plus one WL group stage) international tournaments I hope the organizers will improve every time, so that we can host the WL finals with a great success. I can't say how proper the situation outside and on the stands inside was, but this is their first concern, especially when we organize something like this for the first time. I heard no complaints about it, so maybe they took care. Suggested improvements could be the sound during time-outs and court changes, as well as during the national anthem performances, there were some fails. Greatest improvement needed though is the television coverage. As far as this element is concerned, we fall behind significantly from Italy and Poland, for example.

It was not a badly organized event, I guess we finally belong to the European family with this hall, it was about time we saw Bulgaria host something. I know our jerky federation is in good relationships with both CEV and FIVB, but I don't want Bulgaria to host almost everything, once we qualify to London we will be set :D

I was positively surprised with the organisation of the event as well. The stewards helped the audience find their places very well and there were no goofs. Indeed it looked like it was in Munich or Paris, not in Sofia. The things that need to be improved are the music as you mentioned, the dictor DJ Teddy Giorgio must be changed and most importantly the traffic jams. The ways out of the hall are limited and the street is with only 2 lanes. Furthermore, the pedestrian spectators have to walk in a very thin path to get out of hte area. We had to tresspass a bit illegally into the grass on the other side of the lane. And the park seats. I parked in Hotel Pliska which is 10 minutes walk from the hall because there are no park seats left in the hall and there is nowhere to park your car nearer to Arena Armeec. But this is an issue for the mayor of the city, not much for the competition organisers.

• I'm also satisied with the organization of the tournament and moreover that was our firts tournament from such caliber, we did pretty well. :thumbup: Today I read in sportal that Mastrangelo has said very positive words about it, also someone from the German crew, too, well, ofc always having in mind that our meadia like to exaggerate sometimes for such things but this time I tend to trust them, cause the level was good, indeed. Since I went there for almost all matches and spent hours in it, I very quickly became familiar with the hall and its enterances, so I had absolutely no problem to find my place by myself, but ofc the stewards couldn't know that and were always kindly asking if you need their help - first stewards were out of the arena and were showing the sector enternaces if you have some difficulty in finding them and after that there were stewards for the little enterances inside the hall. For every day in which there was a Bulgarian match, organizares had put a poster on every single seat - on one side with advertising pictures with our players (I counted them 3 different patterns) and on the other side - Bulgarian flag. Outside there were tents from where you could buy different types of articles like T-shirts, scarfs, thrombus, caps and so on. The battledores were free. Inside the Aena you could buy popcorns and that sort of foods and snacks and also something to drink. Organaizers also have thought about how to spend your time between matches, cause it's possible if the earlier match finishes for half and an hour, you'll have to wait for more than half and an hour till the beginning of the next match, which is alot, so outside around the tents there were some games and that sort of things to fulfill the time - the negative here was that Teddy Giorgio was there :roll: When you go out from the Arena they mark you with an invisible stamp which is seen under some blue light. Public in the hall was quite various - people from different ages: little kids, adults, pensioners and...students ofc 8) Unfortunately this Teddy Giorgio is very unpleasnat guy - absolute buffoon :thumbdown: There were some occasions in which crowd had already found great rythum for clapping and scanning even without his command but he interrupted messing the found rythum from the beginning or with a new one - senseless :wacko: But such a DJ is needed ofc, but as triglav_kran says just it doesn't have to be Teddy Giorgio, cause he's so irritating person. I also don't approve entirely his choice of music - sometimes it's just unappropriate. And that about the hymns - I won't tell you how absurd these gaffes are :aww: At the first day of the tournament I arrived in the hall for the second set of the 1st match, second match was Italy and Finland, in the pause between two I didn't get out but stayed in the hall, so I was there when they were making rehearsals for the officila part with the presenting of the cleaning boys and playing the hymns - they checked them about three times maybe (if not more) and still when the match began this moron messed up with Italian hymn :wacko: Oh, that reminds me that on this tournament different was that they were playing whole hymns and not a part as it is usual in WL for example. The other great minus was BNT and no replays thing :aww: It is an absurd, people in Poland are showing HD replays of the situation and we can't give even one normal - whenever I looked to the screens in the hall in expectation for a replay there was none :thumbdown: Ofc, later I even stopped looking to the big screen - it was useless.
    But in general I'm satified with the organization - only Giorgio and TV transmition were not on the necessary level. :)

I wanted to write something about the final match, but the post is already too huge, so I'll do it later :D

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

Edited 2 times, last by volley super fan ().