Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Hope Gozde's injury would not be worse, she played last poins in pain ?(

She did...Turkey needs her tomorrow... :S

• congrats to turkey as well!!! a very deserved victory!!! :super:

poor russia. only sokolova played efficiently. is there any way for them to get into olympics after this? or is this really the end for them? ?(

• Tomorrow, I want to hear big silence in the hall and see happiness of polish girl. Just like in 2003.

Tomorrow everything will be same except result ;) I am sure they will not lose at home once again coz i know how much they wanna go to London

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Honestly speaking I was almost sure that either Serbia or Russia would take the title and Germany would have another chance in Japan, but my thought was completely wrong.
    Serbia played without their strongest weapons such as Nikolic,Malagurski and Russia seemed like They fought themselves, not against their opponents.

So far, both Poland and Turkey have been playing a fantastic volleyball. I can't even guess who will win tomorrow, but I can already say that Both teams deserve to go to London.

What a sad news for Germany ;( ;( I'm sure most of them are crying at the moment. I hope they prepare well and make some differences until 2016 comes. I'm not quite sure Guidetti will stay as head-coach. Maggie and Corina couldn't make it again, how sad is that...

• Naz got 6 blocks whoa :obey:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Congratulations Turkey!
    I have NO idea who will win tomorrow ?(
    but final should be great!
    Skowronska vs Neslihan
    Werblinska vs Gozde
    Zebrowska vs Nermina/Esra
    Okuniewska vs Erdem
    Bednarek vs Toksoy
    Skorupa vs Aydemir
    I hope that story will repeat as in 2003 :P

• So the victories in WCH 2006 and 2010 doesnt count or what? Also silver in 2/3 latest olympic games.

Haha, I meant in this tournament not in the history of Russian Volleyball!! Lighten up

• Sorry for GER...

Sport is so painful, EC silver medalist is out of the OG :whistling: Unfortunately it happens not for the first time...

TUR was great. They deserved for London 2012 so much :!: What a pity that there is only 1 spot for Europe in this tournament. In this situation I can't support TUR but I will be satisfied even if they qualify :thumbup:

I remember my attitude 4 years ago. It would be end of the world for me if POL didn't qualify to Beijing 2008. Now I'm so surprised that we will play in final that maybe I really don't understand importance of this tuournament :!:

• Go Poland!!!! I always go for the team that is not hosting jijiji.

• So, Turkey vs Poland in the finals.
    Well deserved, those two teams did show the most in this tournament. They seemed the freshest, most energetic and overall had a very solid, balanced display. They showed that they manage to play themselves into the game and raise their level when required.
    Whoever wins tomorrow we'll be a worthy Olympian.

Together with these two teams, the Dutch also have to be proud of themselves and have a lot of positives to take home. Their younger players performed well and showed potential, while the veterans also stood their own ground.

On the other hand, Russia, Serbia and Germany have disappointed. Serbia and Germany actually showed a lot of similar traits - psychological frailty, inability to close out sets and collapsing under pressure, as well as some really unreliable hitting and sloppy work in defence. The two players that were instrumental for their success last year - Brakocevic and Grun - were out of shape, and it clearly showed. So, the Olympic dream is over for Germany, but they missed their chance at World Cup last year. They could have easily finished (at least) 4th there, and with those points they would have overtaken Russia in the rankings and would have secured a spot at the WQT.
    As for Russia, they showed serious problems with the organized play. Basically, they were good in some elements of play, but it never clicked together. They have yet to figure out how to integrate Goncharova and Kosheleva with Gamova and Sokolova.

Bulgaria and Croatia did as expected.

• So, Turkey vs Poland in the finals.
    the Olympic dream is over for Germany, but they missed their chance at World Cup last year. They could have easily finished (at least) 4th there, and with those points they would have overtaken Russia in the rankings and would have secured a spot at the WQT.

That one makes me much more sad :aww: