You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Thursday, August 24th 2017, 9:04pm

So unless there'll be any surprises on Saturday, the decisive match for the last European ticket will be NED-BUL on Sunday. And I think even with Femke as setter the Dutch right now look solid enough to take it. It looks like Morrisson considers Plak as backup OPP and not as OH anymore, and it's interesting that young Daalderop has conquered Buijs' place in starting six, and even though today wasn't her strongest match her performances overall have surely justified that choice.

Thursday, August 24th 2017, 9:13pm

So unless there'll be any surprises on Saturday, the decisive match for the last European ticket will be NED-BUL on Sunday. And I think even with Femke as setter the Dutch right now look solid enough to take it. It looks like Morrisson considers Plak as backup OPP and not as OH anymore, and it's interesting that young Daalderop has conquered Buijs' place in starting six, and even though today wasn't her strongest match her performances overall have surely justified that choice.

isn`t the TOP 2 qualifying?? basically NED and BUL will be qualified on Saturday already?

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Thursday, August 24th 2017, 9:20pm

Oh right :what: I was absolutely sure that only the winner would get the ticket (as it was in men's last tournament) but it's indeed two tickets. So BEL-BUL will be another key match.

Friday, August 25th 2017, 3:06am

COL

ok checking wikipedia, this is the first time COL finished second in s. america. maybe i was thinking of Olymp. Q, i think they finished 2nd some years ago, maybe for london.

incredible that in s. america only 2 countries ever won this championship: BRA and PER.

where does amanda coneo play? in europe?

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Gamze, Kosheleva, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa

Friday, August 25th 2017, 10:27am

You guys sure about 2 teams qualifying? I also thought it was just 1.

Marcus

Beginner

Friday, August 25th 2017, 10:36am

You guys sure about 2 teams qualifying? I also thought it was just 1.

Yes, the two teams on top of the WCQ will qualify. CEV got, correct me if I'm wrong, 8 spots to fill up. Besides the 6 winners of the pool play, there are 2 tickets left.
The Dutch girls could grab the ticket tomorrow by winning over Slovenia. If Bulgaria wins tomorrow, they also secured their ticket to WCh 2018. If not, Belgium and Bulgaria are tied at 3 wins all. In that case it will be decided at the last day of qualification where Bulgaria meets the hosts and Belgium will play Greece.

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Gamze, Kosheleva, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa

Friday, August 25th 2017, 4:03pm

Thanks for clarifying it to me :thumbsup:

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

• "flyingdutchman" is male

Favourite Team: Dutch NT, LiB Aachen

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, De Kruijf, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Friday, August 25th 2017, 6:05pm

I must take back my words from a few days ago. Femke played two solid games against Belgium and Czech Republic.

Suprisingly, Czech Republic impressed me more than Belgium. Belgium lacks power in attack. They too strongly rely on their service.

Netherlands - Bulgaria could be a very nice match, since Bulgaria arrived with all their stars. I think chances are 50-50.

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 4:21am

GRE

i just watched the first set of NED x GRE on laola. what the *%$#@ is going on with GRE? they've gone backwards so badly. how did they get to this stage of the euro qual.? at one point, it was 10-3 and all 3 points for GRE were dutch serve errors! crazy! i guess kiosi retired? this team is sooooo bad... chantava looks like she lost weight but she still can't pass... she gave so many points away. and she can't kill the ball... and vasilantonaki sometimes looks as clumsy as diouf...

Marieke68

Professional

• "Marieke68" is female

Favourite Team: Schwerin,Dresden,Busto Arsizio, Piacenza, Ladies in Black

Favourite Players: Dutch NT and Tess von Piekartz

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 9:35am

isn`t the TOP 2 qualifying?? basically NED and BUL will be qualified on Saturday already?

Yep, first two will qualify.So today will we THE day and I will be there :dance6:

Marieke68

Professional

• "Marieke68" is female

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 9:37am

I must take back my words from a few days ago. Femke played two solid games against Belgium and Czech Republic.

:flower: You should listen to me more often :cup: ( joking :thumbsup: )

But two good matches for Femke for sure.

Marieke68

Professional

• "Marieke68" is female

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 9:38am

Netherlands - Bulgaria could be a very nice match, since Bulgaria arrived with all their stars. I think chances are 50-50.

Hope the Dutch girls win today,so they have ticket allready..

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth; Fê Garay, Sheilla, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 2:49pm

Did the referees really give that point to Holland? The ball clearly touched the antenna and it was right in front of them, dafuq :what:
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Serena

Trainee

• "Serena" is female

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 5:10pm

Is there a live stream for BEL-BUL?

szubudubu

Beginner

Favourite Team: Zenit Kazan

Favourite Players: Kim Yeon-koung

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 5:16pm

Is there a live stream for BEL-BUL?
http://sportstream365.com/viewer?game=136108361

Serena

Trainee

• "Serena" is female

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 5:23pm

http://sportstream365.com/viewer?game=136108361

Thank you very much! :rose:

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 5:55pm

Can't see any trouble for BUL here. Already can't wait for the Netherlands - Bulgaria match though. :win:

Mimek

Intermediate

• "Mimek" is male

Favourite Team: NTs: POL(F/M) USA(F) ITA(F), Impel Wrocław, Unendo Yammamay Busto Arsizio, Vakifbank Istanbul

Favourite Players: Skowrońska, Wołosz, Havelkova, Tomsia. Ognjenovic, Sloetjes, Jaqueline, Hooker, de Kruijf, Egonu, Gennari

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 6:32pm

Bye bye Belgium! :wavy:

pappi

Reflexiones del compañero Fidel

• "pappi" is male

Favourite Team: Brasil/United States/Россия

Favourite Players: Paula Pequeno

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 6:43pm

Bulgaria walked over Belgium by an absolutely convincing 3-0 !!! Congratulations to Vasileva, Ruseva, Dimitrova, Simeonova, Nenova.....

Now, all 8 european vacancies are finally determined: AZE, BUL, GER, ITA, NED, RUS, SRB, TUR
i may not be the tallest,
the fastest, or the strongest,
but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
to be me...

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

• "flyingdutchman" is male

Favourite Team: Dutch NT, LiB Aachen

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, De Kruijf, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 7:27pm

As expected, Bulgaria destroyed Belgium.

It will be a very tough match for Dutch team tomorrow....Bulgaria is physically really impressive....Filipova, Vasileva, Rabhadzieva, Hruseva.... :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

It's actually a shame these players never performed well in a big tournament.... :teach: Potentially they are top 5 in Europe!

Social bookmarks