You are not logged in.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Monday, May 29th 2017, 4:47pm

I think Novgorodchenko is better than Peretiatko as setter and by now Stepaniuk might be better than Kozlova.

About Mammadova, I think AZE federation won't allow her to retire from NT as long as they need her :whistle:

Will be interesting to see if either team can be a threat to the Dutch...

Monday, May 29th 2017, 4:48pm

They should have taken a Japanese flag and pose with the flag. Or so do something like Osasco did.

But either way, I forgive them.

https://twitter.com/FamiliaNestle/status…i%2C70001700311

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Monday, May 29th 2017, 6:02pm

It is very reckless of them! Probably there was no bad intentions but they should be more sensitive about this kind of 'secret' racism :whistle:

Less worry about this alleged "slant eyes" "secret racism" gesture... me live in Asia not even realize this allegation, neither I read any media in Asia and Chinese talking this matter. It seems more the Western media that made it as an issue :lol: I for my part just think the players posed for fun, be it the Serbian or the Spanish team, unknowing to the alleged "issue" there. If folks are sensitive over this pose, then pose with "two fingers" or the "three fingers" are even more serious! Search and read on the "Sign Language Of The Mysteries" with some signs said to relate to the masonic ones, or the German version "Freimaurersignale in der Presse".

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

Monday, May 29th 2017, 8:50pm

Nobody posted the list of individual awards.
Best Setter - Zivkovic
Best OH1 - Mihajlovic
Best OH2 - Mlejnkova
Best libero - Popovic
Best MB1 - Veljkovic
Best MB2 - Kakolewska
Best OPP - Boskovic
MVP - Boskovic
Any video of award ceremony????

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Naz, Gamze, Egonu, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa, Rachel Sanchez

Monday, May 29th 2017, 8:57pm

Does anyone know if Bytsenko is in Ukraine roster, she had such a fabulous season in Nilüfer...

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Monday, May 29th 2017, 9:06pm

No she's not.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Monday, May 29th 2017, 9:09pm

She's not.

This is the Ukrainian roster for Baku:

S: Oleksandra Peretyatko, Olena Novgorodchenko
OPP: Olesya Rykhlyuk, Karina Yurchenko
OH: Tetyana Kozlova, Anastasiya Chernukha, Anna Stepanyuk, Nadezhda Kodola
MB: Irina Trushkina, Inna Molodtsova, Yulia Gerasimova, Svitlana Dorsman
L: Alina Stepanchuk, Kristina Nemtseva

http://xsport.ua/volleyball_s/news/devya…chm-201_291841/

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Naz, Gamze, Egonu, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa, Rachel Sanchez

Monday, May 29th 2017, 9:13pm

Oh what a shame and how stupid imho. Bytsenko was in the same team as Kozlova and Trushkina and they were going to relegate if Bytsenko didn't arrive mid season and saved her whole team almost all by herself. I thought she would surely be there.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Monday, May 29th 2017, 9:19pm

Ukrainian volleyball is a sad story. As it turns out, their federation was willing for the first time in ages to spend some money on the team and arrange friendly matches as a preparation for the tournament - but no one wanted to play with them. :aww:
I really hope they surprise Azerbaijan and reach the 2nd place at least, but I'm not holding my breath.

Phil

Professional

• "Phil" is male

Favourite Team: Atom Trefl - Azeryol - Vakıfbank - Modena - RC Cannes

Favourite Players: Chen Wan Ting, Nootsara Tomkom, Maja Ognjenović, Neslihan Demir, Samanta Fabris, Anna Werblińska, Erika Coimbra, Erika Araki, Piyanut Pannoy

Monday, May 29th 2017, 9:56pm

Nobody posted the list of individual awards.
Best Setter - Zivkovic
Best OH1 - Mihajlovic
Best OH2 - Mlejnkova
Best libero - Popovic
Best MB1 - Veljkovic
Best MB2 - Kakolewska
Best OPP - Boskovic
MVP - Boskovic
Any video of award ceremony????

Should be on laola1.tv but I'm not sure if they broadcasted it because I watched the ceremony on TV.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Monday, May 29th 2017, 10:06pm

No, Laola stopped right after the end of the match.

Monday, May 29th 2017, 10:45pm

Ukrainian volleyball is a sad story. As it turns out, their federation was willing for the first time in ages to spend some money on the team and arrange friendly matches as a preparation for the tournament - but no one wanted to play with them.
I really hope they surprise Azerbaijan and reach the 2nd place at least, but I'm not holding my breath.

why not? AZE can be a total mess, even with rahimova. some days they can barely beat GRE or ESP.

just imagine if goncha played for UKR.

Monday, May 29th 2017, 10:59pm

OMG, they weren't being racist. I mean, I get why this gesture can be taken as offensive, but in Serbian culture it's something completely harmless and not at all malicious. They were just excited to be going to Japan, and they've all said a bunch of times that they really like it there.

well, joana, it's not offensive to serbians because the gesture is not making fun of serbians.

Monday, May 29th 2017, 11:00pm

btw bjelica seems to be playing well. is she in the SRB team? did she play in rio OG?

Monday, May 29th 2017, 11:36pm

Yes, she`s with them, she`s competing with Malargurski for the back up position. Neither of them played much in Poland but Malagurski did not do so well, I don`t get it, because she was great in Italy, she probably feels pressure playing for Terzic. Let`s see who will play in the Grand Prix.

Bejelica did not play in Rio, Brakocevic did.
btw bjelica seems to be playing well. is she in the SRB team? did she play in rio OG?

Tuesday, May 30th 2017, 4:16am

how is it possible that pool B ended its matches when all other pools haven't even started?

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-Area/compe…D=977&PID=1527#

Tuesday, May 30th 2017, 6:44am

how is it possible that pool B ended its matches when all other pools haven't even started?

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-Area/compe…D=977&PID=1527#
cause the XVII Games of Small States are starting today, Cyprus and Iceland will take a part there.
Gold medal - 2014 FIVB World Grand Prix - Prediction Game (1./37 )

Tuesday, May 30th 2017, 5:19pm

Oh shut the hell up, with the racist/reckless accusations about the picture, and LIGHTEN UP.

Secondly, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH 3 FINGERS? Absolutely nothing. Don't talk and comment if you don't know what you are talking about.

Nostromo

Intermediate

• "Nostromo" is male

Favourite Players: Simona Gioli, Anja Spasojevic, Natalya Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Yasmina Hernández, Susana Cebic, Natasha Osmokrovic, Eva Yaneva, Jordan Larson, Yumilka Ruiz, Sanja Malagurski, Saori Sakoda, Tatiana Kosheleva

Tuesday, May 30th 2017, 6:01pm

Any link where watching UKR-ISR?

LLOYD

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 30th 2017, 6:43pm

Anna Stepanyuk is great jumping :heart:

Social bookmarks