2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• I don't watch Turkish league, so could anyone enlighten tell me: comparing to the matches of domestic league, was it a good game from Fener, or did they use to have even better games? They are a very confident team, with no random touches from any players. Whenever they have an opportunity to kill the ball - they do it. Bosetti may not be that effective in terms of spiking anymore (today she was good though - 39% is a decent efficiency), but her technique in deffence is sooo impressive...
    About Skorupa... it's such a shame she hans't been playing for Polish NT recently... I'm sure we would have attended both OG 2016 and WC 2014, if it wasn't for her absence.

And Werblińska proves once again, that she's a world class OH. For me she's a more valuable player than both Glinka and Skowrońska combined. I'm in love with her :love:

• What do you mean "Kim all the time" , Mihajlovic got 16 points tonight.

32 balls for Mihajlovic, 30 for Kim, 18 for Lucia who is playing as "second libero recently". Yes, Skorupa was not using her MB's tonight but that is not making Fenerbahce looking as a one player team.. When you have such a decisive player as Kim in your team so why not using her as much as possible.
    In saturday FB-VB match.. Lonneke got 63 balls, only 44 for Kim.. And by the way VakifBank is not a Russian team and they are the most entertaining and exciting team in Europe as many peoples are claiming.

Anyway, if the Russian NT strategy will bring the same succees for Fenerbahce, then i'm ok :cup: .

• I don't watch Turkish league, so could anyone enlighten tell me: comparing to the matches of domestic league, was it a good game from Fener, or did they use to have even better games? They are a very confident team, with no random touches from any players. Whenever they have an opportunity to kill the ball - they do it. Bosetti may not be that effective in terms of spiking anymore (today she was good though - 39% is a decent efficiency), but her technique in deffence is sooo impressive...
    About Skorupa... it's such a shame she hans't been playing for Polish NT recently... I'm sure we would have attended both OG 2016 and WC 2014, if it wasn't for her absence.

And Werblińska proves once again, that she's a world class OH. For me she's a more valuable player than both Glinka and Skowrońska combined. I'm in love with her :love:

Even though they are playing with a different roster in Turkey but i can say that yesterday i did not saw anything special in Fener's game.. i think their performance last saturday was even better because Vakif is a team that can push Fener to their limits and Chemik was not able to do this.
    I did not like Skorupa yesterday because in the most of the matches she uses her MB's very well, especially Eda. so, i expected more balls to Christa and Eda.
    Chemik is still a dangerous team for me.. i remember how Fenerbahce played the playoff 12 match last season vs Dresden.

• Oh I can't wait to watch Eczacibasi vs Vakifbank. Lets go Maja Poljak "The Wall" :heart: :thumbsup: :drink:

• Even though they are playing with a different roster in Turkey but i can say that yesterday i did not saw anything special in Fener's game.. i think their performance last saturday was even better because Vakif is a team that can push Fener to their limits and Chemik was not able to do this.
    I did not like Skorupa yesterday because in the most of the matches she uses her MB's very well, especially Eda. so, i expected more balls to Christa and Eda.
    Chemik is still a dangerous team for me.. i remember how Fenerbahce played the playoff 12 match last season vs Dresden.

I agree with Grey. Fenerbahce can do much more than this when they are challenged. I don't find Skorupa extra good, she is just a part of a system. She does not add anything extra like Ognjenovic or Naz does. Having Eda and Harmotto as middles and using them so rare is quite a joke.
    However I had the same feeling when I watched the match, it looked like one man team, namely Kim. My explanation to this is, Kim definitely gets the set when it is a transition ball or Fenerbahce is in trouble.
    I really liked Werblisnka, she played all alone and did an excellent job still. It was silly to give up on Havelkova in my opinion.

I think Volero, Kazan, Moscow, Vakifbank and Eczacibasi are the teams that can challenge Fenerbahce in this edition and eliminate. I would also add Pomi to the list. Rest have far too many weaknesses and need to play over 100% to compete.

• There were long patches of play where literally every single ball went to Kim. Third set was mostly like that.
    It was basically just another day at the office for Fenerbahce. With Kim in the zone and Mihajlović serving very well they never looked like they could be in trouble. Chemik looked like a legitimate contender at some point earlier in the season, but their level has dropped a lot. Werblinska carried the team all she could, no one else rose to the occasion. Wolosz seems still to be thrown off by that injury. Havelkova totally out of sorts. Probably the worst I've seen Veljković play, completely anonymous and seemed to struggle physically. Montano never went out of her first gear.
    I really doubt they can do anything in Turkey.

• Volero is very unimpressive so far, they look like they have 6 Orlovas on court. All those tall immobile players, and they didn't get even one block point in 1st set :aww:
    Let's see how long Lokomotiv can exploit Volero's weaknesses so well.

• I dont think you give Lokomotiv enough credit. They pass well and have had good blocking technique and plan. Maybe Volero is not so impressive but I think it has something to do with the way the other team plays

• Lokomotiv is doing a very good job, I really like Özge. I dont think Sonja and the middles are good enough but rest are really impressive.
    For Volero, sets are far too high that it becomes easy to block and defend. Besides, they are really bad in receiving today.

• why is Özge playing as setter?

• I disagree about Sonja. She is making smart decisions and is passing very well. She has also done very well blocking Foluke 1 on 1

• I disagree about Sonja. She is making smart decisions and is passing very well. She has also done very well blocking Foluke 1 on 1

She is definitely a smart player but she has been dropping the team's attacking percentage all alone. I think both Aneta and Aleksandra attacked around 60% while Sonja had 20% in the first 3 sets. Now Aneta joined to Sonja and benched after 5 blocks :down: