Montreux Volley Masters 2013

• Zhu Ting the best scorer!hahaha, so awesome! Wang Mengjie is the best libero.... a big surprise :lol: I think The libero of Dominican is very talented and skillful, why isn't she the best libero?

• Congrats to Brazil. I guess ZRG tried to find new players that will mesh well with the main NT players that's why he stuck with his rotations (or probably he was too proud to lose). Anyway, love to see Juciely as a starter even for a pseudo-B team. Pri Daroit had some good moments but was inconsistent.

I hope that whoever from these young Russian team who gets "promoted" to the main team will have good chemistry with the veterans. Russians are stoned face but I have a feeling that that's also because the veterans do not have a good playing relationship with each other (Goncharova, Gamova, Sokolova). Probably just a professional one.

• Awards:

Best Scorer: Zhu Ting
    Best Spiker: Miyu Nagaoka
    Best Blocker: Irina Zaryazhko
    Best Server: Daria Isaeva
    Best Setter: Danielle Lins
    Best Libero: Wang Mengjie
    Best Reciever: Monica de Gennaro
    MVP: Fernanda Garay

• a well deserved award for Zhu Ting, Lan Ping must be a proud mama right now. she'll surely be a big weapon for china for this quadrennial. :)

• Congrats to Brazil. I guess ZRG tried to find new players that will mesh well with the main NT players that's why he stuck with his rotations (or probably he was too proud to lose). Anyway, love to see Juciely as a starter even for a pseudo-B team. Pri Daroit had some good moments but was inconsistent.

I hope that whoever from these young Russian team who gets "promoted" to the main team will have good chemistry with the veterans. Russians are stoned face but I have a feeling that that's also because the veterans do not have a good playing relationship with each other (Goncharova, Gamova, Sokolova). Probably just a professional one.

well, karpol always wanted his players to have strong personalities (kinder words for being stuck-up. :lol: ).witness gamova and sokolova. :P

for brazil, i don't think anyone here really hates brazil. i love brazil to the bones but ze roberto is killing me. he used to be a very calm person on the sidelines but now he's complaining and shouting all the time. what's up with him? :tzz:

• INDIVIDUAL PRICES (via officiel website)

Tournament MVP Fernanda Rodrigues, BRA #16
    Best scorer Ting Zhu, CHN#08
    Best spiker Miyu Nagaoka, JPN#01
    Best blocker Irina Zaryazhko, RUS #04
    Best server Daria Isaeva, RUS#03
    Best digger Camila Brait, BRA#18
    Best setter Danielle Lins, BRA#03
    Best receiver Monica De Gennaro, ITA#06
    Best libero Mengjie Wang, CHN#11

• Congrats Brazil.

I couldnt watch the matches today, but I guess it was quite sure Brazil was going to take the gold in the beginning of the tournament. It was the most experience and better prepared team. Garay no doubts is one of the bests oh in the world. And I must say Im quite happy to see Dani Lins game. She is much more confident in her game now and can show her best performances.

Despite anything, I think it was a good experience for some brazilian players, specially Pri Daroit. Cause she is definetly one of the players for Brazil future NTs.

I also really liked to see some players from Russia, China and Italy. I think they showed quite good volleyball and give good hopes for volleyball's future! ^^

• Aww, Zaryazhko looked so happy receiving her award!

OMG I saw that just now, how cuuuuuuuuuute :heart:

I've never seen a player being so happy about an individual award, and that it's a Russian player makes it even funnier. Imagine Tishchenko reacting like this 15 years ago :lol: :lol: :lol: Absolutely unthinkable!

• OMG I saw that just now, how cuuuuuuuuuute :heart:

I've never seen a player being so happy about an individual award, and that it's a Russian player makes it even funnier. Imagine Tishchenko reacting like this 15 years ago :lol: :lol: :lol: Absolutely unthinkable!

I think it was VERY disrespectful with the others middle-blockers who could've had won the prize. C'mom, it's just a friendly tournament, there's no need to be jumping and screaming and laughing that much. It made me nauseous just to look at her.

^
    Of course I don't think ANY of that, but that's what we would be reading here if it was a brazilian player celebrating in that way. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• I think it was VERY disrespectful with the others middle-blockers who could've had won the prize. C'mom, it's just a friendly tournament, there's no need to be jumping and screaming and laughing that much. It made me nauseous just to look at her.

^
    Of course I don't think ANY of that, but that's what we would be reading here if it was a brazilian player celebrating in that way. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rolll: Totally agreed!

• Yeah I just saw that now too. Congrats to Irina :heart: she must be really happy because it's her first prize in international tournemant :cheesy: she looked so cute indeed :D

• I think it was VERY disrespectful with the others middle-blockers who could've had won the prize. C'mom, it's just a friendly tournament, there's no need to be jumping and screaming and laughing that much. It made me nauseous just to look at her.

^

x3 totally true

• Yeah I just saw that now too. Congrats to Irina :heart: she must be really happy because it's her first prize in international tournemant :cheesy: she looked so cute indeed :D

So cute and so natural.

• Jeez, what is the sarcastic comment for? Let's just congratulate the awarded players. so many newbies have come all of a sudden...what a surprise.