2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• So after today matches only ome thing is not clear - who'll be third in Pool F...

From Pool E:
    As we could see Dominicans can steal point even from China 8o such an improvement after WGP and they'll play in 2nd division... De La Cruz and Castillo with another great game :obey:
    Germans won, but Belgium is so weak after last year...
    Azerbaijan relies on Rahimova, but she's outstanding scorer, though she has also weak games...
    Italy neats Japan quite easily, Manabe should try to find MB - Iwasaka and Hirai aren't bad :wavy:

From Pool F:
    Nothing new - tomorrow match will decide
    USA even without Larson-Burbach and Harmotto-Dietzen beats Serbia.
    Hard to say what did Netherlands do after losing 9-10 points in a row...
    Thaisa showed how valuable MB she is :obey: meanwhile Russian team is too deependent on outstanding Kosheleva...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• " Hybrid system " = :rolll:
    But Manabe showed his coach skills many times. We can forgive him :thumbup: and who knows ... Maybe with other players, this system could be better.
    Tomorrow I will try to be an hybrid blogger 8o

• Pasynkova has shoulder injury. It's the same shoulder she's having problem for the most part of her career. She won't be playing against Serbia.

• I really like Italy: Lo Bianco is playing very well and when the reception is good, she sets faster. She is a monster in defense and in running sets. She improved her blocking skills :cup:

Centoni is very important for this team. The question is why the fuuuu no one called her before?
    Arrighetti always gets a lot of sets when Leo plays (their connection reminds me of Leo-Gioli)
    Chirichella is playing quite well in the competition (but today I was dosappointed by her performance)
    Del Core is still very strong, I am in love with her!!! :white:
    Costagrande is having a good tournment too
    I think De Gennaro will not be able to play tomorrow and we will see Cardullo.
    Sometimes the double change is very useful
    I don't get why Caterina Bosetti comes in just to serve instead of the middles
    I hope to see Ferretti playing with Leo soon ;)
    Since Del Core and Costagrande are playong very well, it's ok for Piccinini to stay on the bench

I'm so excited cause I saw Leo playing 3 days in the last 4 days and I will see her tomorrow too :cheesy: but it's very hard to get to speak with her or to get a pictire with her... ;( :mad: :down: :cursing: :(

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Pasynkova has shoulder injury. It's the same shoulder she's having problem for the most part of her career. She won't be playing against Serbia.

Really bad for Russia... I kinda blame the coach. Without Sokolova I think he sould have called someone as Kutyukova who can receive. Koshe + Goncha receiving is just unreal.

• yes, i remember kutukova from GP, she was a good hitter too. actually at the GP, shcherban was very good too, it's hard to see her struggle today.

sorry, loca, yes, del core looks good but you have to remember, she's hitting against JPN setter, nakamichi, who's barely taller than takeshita (although, i recall that once takeshita even blocked gamova)… but yes, del core has lately been surprisingly good, specially considering the fiasco at london. also mismatch today with zhu ting hitting over marte.

well, after watching the first matches today, i only saw the beginning of RUS x BRA and JPN x ITA, then i went to sleep. really tough trying to follow all of these matches…

so final 6 looks like it'll be US, BRA, ITA, CHN, DOM and SER. RUS seems to be struggling and i think it'll be an upset if SER loses the last spot to them.

will fivb do the same as in the men's WCh and draw lots for the groups in phase 3??????

• Rabadzhieva, Filipova and Vasileva with over 60% in attack, Filipova with 75% /12/16/ and overall 60% spiking success for Bulgaria NT. Not bad for women team. :thumbup:

ok, i do like vassileva and nikolova but look who they are playing against?

guys, no words of love for KAZ?

ok, they are not that good but… from the little i've seen, they play a very interesting system. their OHs act like MBs, beresneva likes to do the back slide, and both she and jarlagassova do a lot of fast spikes in combination with the MBs. also i saw the setter set the MB (nassedkina) a high ball on the outside (sort of like manabe's hybrid system? the MB hits in position 4 when setter is in front row?). and there's omelchenko, the tall (195 cm) MB/OPP -- when she plays OPP, she usually hits back slides, one-footed takeoff, and even from back row!!!!!!!!!

it is an interesting system they play, even if individually they are struggling with their technique and lack in better results… i mean, their mistakes are even dumber and worse than DOM in a bad day… or AZE or CRO.

• Is Japan supposed to keep playing with this Hybrid fail even after the WCH? There is no block. I don't like it. And it pissed me off knowing Nana Iwasaka and other strong and promising MBs are at home, like Haruyo Shimamura, Mai Okumura, Yuki Ishikawa, Kanako Hirai or Miyuki Hiramatsu...

shimamura and otake were in korea for asian games. you can see roster here:

http://www.incheon2014ag.com/S…ult?RSC=VOW400102&lang=en

is inoue also an MB?????

btw, i'm now wondering, do you think KOR deliberately lost match to KAZ in WCh qual. so they could play at home for asian games gold medal?????

• for me, kiraly is more suited as a "teacher". the technical capabilities of USA players show it. but when it comes to matches, especially on crunch time and USA is in a pinch, there are quite a few times that he's loss on what to do. we'll see though. should they medal on this tournament, that's a really big achievement already, considering USA has not medal in the last world championships.

• If you look at the stats, the reason for the spiking success is that Nenova set 9 times perfectly per set. We had the worst setting this WCH which didn't allow to show what our top guns can do. Nenova having surprisingly good match and we got 60%. Kaz can be much stronger, I think they need better coaching.

• for me, kiraly is more suited as a "teacher". the technical capabilities of USA players show it. but when it comes to matches, especially on crunch time and USA is in a pinch, there are quite a few times that he's loss on what to do. we'll see though. should they medal on this tournament, that's a really big achievement already, considering USA has not medal in the last world championships.

So far USA is the best team by distance on this championship. Kiraly is the best player ever lived and he knows everything about volleyball.

• yes, boskovic is for sure the revelation of this tournament. wasn't it the same case with kosheleva 4 yrs ago? i didn't really follow it back then and i never heard of her before but i recall she just killed BRA in the final.

it was Gamova who had killed Brazil in the final...Kosheleva was not good then..

• in Russia match , Kosheleva received with % 71,
    in Nederland match, Buijs received with % 78,
    in Bulgaria match, Vasileva received with % 61

This shows either that these players have improved their reception or that we cant serve well enough...

i still think we could have won both Serbia and Bulgaria match had we served better..

• Kosheleva has been a very good player for sure, however, for me what Sonsırma did in Russia match was more appreciated...bcz Kosheleva thanks to her athletic skills hit much of time over blocks but Sonsırma did it against high Russian blocks despite to her short height ;)