2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• I'm so sorry for Polish team, but Belgium fully desrves toaday. Poland delivered too many errors and had numerous problems in spiking. All our fading stars with lower efficiency, Bełcik was horrible as setter, with Wołosz game looked a bit better. As we can see calling big names isn't enough. Van Hecke was today almost unstoppable and look at Leys' stats in reception...
    Era of "Polish Goldens" ended and even reactivation didn't give us qualification to WCH ;( it's high time to develop new players and find good coach, but what will do our federation? Another problem is clubs' policy, promising youngsters are staying on benches :whistle:

I support that. Van Hecke was incredible today.
    I guess major problem for Poland amongst all those is find a good coach. Look at Belgium! They don't have best players but better coaching. I don't know if Makowski will survive after this. I usually don't blame only the coach, but here I think his work isn't good in comparison with the other and that made a huge difference.

• Terzic said he'd bring in some new players to the team for WCh, so I'm curious to see who he has in mind.

And the situation with Antonijevic needs to be cleared, whatever it is. Zivkovic is not enough.

That's definitely necessary if Serbia doesn't want to head the same direction as Italy and Poland by relying on aging stars for too long. Serbia always gets good results on Junior level so there should be plenty of talent around!

And I agree about the setter. Antonijevic played great with Cannes in Top Volley last week, Zivkovic was disappointing today. Not "bad", but disappointing...I liked her a lot when she was younger, but ever since she played in Volero her level has never been the same as before.

• Skowrońska during interview said that She wishes everything good to NT but She probably will end Her NT career because everything in NT since 2009 is sick.

• Katarzyna Skowrońska - Dolata in television interview said that she'll think about the sunspesion of representative career ;( :(

• right..f.e. Turkey's pool was very easy . we didnt have a team like Belgium,Croatia,Netherlands or Azerbaijan in the pool.

Right that's why taking the 2 "best" 2nd is not fair

• :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

After 1st and 2nd set, I thought it was OVER....but the QUEEN of Dutch volleyball saved us

:obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: MANON :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey:

She played today her best match since maybe 3 or 4 years in Dutch NT :teach: :teach: :teach:

• Croatia won 3-2 by 110 - 105. If I don't make a mistake, Serbia is qualified (1,25) and Netherlands (1,18) ?

Even points or sets ratio isn't needed here - Serbia and Netherlands with 7 points qualify directly from 2nd places because other opponents were weaker (Poland 6, Czech Republic 6, Romania 5)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Antonjevic is the best Serbian setter now and her friendship with Rasic is important too

• Oh Poland... it was terrible today, such a great team and they didn't mange with this match mentally. I'm so sorry for Glinka and all those girls... ;( but Belgium played so well and they really desereved this victory.
    and of course congrats to Croatia, great fight till the end, I'm so happy for this team, finally they back to their best volleyball, I hope they will achieve more ! :)

• Congratulations to our Southern neighbours from BELGIUM :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

First time at WCH since 1978 :obey: :obey: :obey:

I'm really sorry for all Polish fans :( :( :( The Polish volleyball-community deserves to be at WCH of course, but the players couldn't make it...I think it's time for a new generation :win:

• Manon top scorer with 25

• Even points or sets ratio isn't needed here - Serbia and Netherlands with 7 points qualify directly from 2nd places because other opponents were weaker (Poland 6, Czech Republic 6, Romania 5)

2 teams qualified as best second. OK, cool but still an OPP star out : beautiful Kaslia

• Manon top scorer with 25

She played today like in 2007 or 2009 :teach: :teach: :teach: She personally brought the new generation to WCH :flower: :flower: :flower:

• 21 points in 3 sets for Lise Van Hecke ...
    Belgium depended on her this evening ... Fortunately she was in a great day !

• without surprises volleyball would be boring! I remember how everyone was happy when teams like Czech, Netherlands and Bulgaria qualified to World Grand Prix. Please dont let ugly referee ruin Azerbaijani girls' success. They used Serbia's weakness very well. Poland has been in all big tournaments lately and now they had their chances on their hands and they rejected it. I'm so happy for Azerbaijan and from the second placer teams definitely the best ones qualified to the WCH luckily. Romania definitely was the weakest one, Czechia with an unimpressive roster, Poland with big stars without big feelings. I'm so sorry for Polish volleyball lovers though. They deserve best of everything!