Germany - DVL 2010/11

• Dutch Opposite Karine Mujlwijk (VT Aurubis Hamburg) will miss the whole season because of a shoulder injury :( The club is looking for a new opposite now.

That's really sad news.. :( :( :(

• Yes, Trinidad federation didn't release her from NT because they are playing some tournaments in the next weeks, so she is expected in Schwerin in the middle of September, after NORCECA championship probably.

• 33 year old MB Liana Mesa Luaces has signed a contract with Vilsbiburg. They are still lookin´ for another MB and OH, though....

• Mesa is MB ? On Beijing Olympic Games she played as libero.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Mesa is MB ? On Beijing Olympic Games she played as libero.

She must not be a libero ;) they already have plenty of them in Vilsbiburg.

I remember she played as libero during Beijing Olympic Games..but before she played also as setter in Cuba NT..

Liana Mesa as MB is a surprise...she is universal...very interesting.. :)

Successo viene prima di Sudore soltanto nel vocabolario.

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's European Championships 2011
    Bronze Medal - Prediction Game - Men's European League 2012

• I just read a newspaper article about the new Vilsbiburg team and didn't like the tone of it. It sounds like all players from east Europe are difficult and create a bad atmosphere in a team. Maybe Vilsbiburg was unlucky with their transfers last year, but still newspapers shouldn't write things like that. Anyway I hope the new transfers are better for the team. Liana Mesa didn't play any matches for 2 years, so it's certainly a risk to sign her...
    Raven, do you know where Zautys will go?

• She must not be a libero ;) they already have plenty of them in Vilsbiburg.

That´ right. Anna Pogany will be the 2nd libero which was already clear after the last season. She and Lena Stigrot will practice with the team, but i guess, they´ll mainly play for the 2nd team.

kondzio
    Mesa was announced as MB but it´s also said that she could play as Opp...

Matthias
    I guess, the purpose of signing Mesa is that she helps young players like Lena Stigrot. As you may know, Lena is a MB, but the coach of NT wanted her to play Opp. So maybe Mesa is here to kinda help her.
    I can´t tell you exactly what, but there´s some truth in that newspaper article. Of course, not all players from eastern europe are difficult. On the other hand, i gotta tell you, that this newspaper is something like the "Bild" of Vilsbiburg ;)
    Tati still lives in Vilsbiburg, but is said to leave soon. Don´t know where she´s goin´, ´cause i didn´t see her and speak to her since the end of last season.