Italy - Serie A1 2013/2014

• As i already said, Ornavasso's scout is not reliable at all. NEVER trust % stats coming from Ornavasso! He's crazy!

Yes I remember, but Ferretti's vote is very strange. Usually players are between 5 and 7 and I think it is automatically calculated...but on the other hand, I remember Valentina Serena once got a -25 when she played in Turkey :rolll: So probably there is a way this vote can be manipulated by scouts if they want to...

• We can all see Logan is not in her best shape but she is not expected to be.. how can she be when shes not practicing as much as she should and she was not for a long time... I am happy to see her play :D Seeing her on court makes me very very happy, no words to describe it :rose: Also 42% attacking percentage is not that bad.. she's also making some more attacking errors, which she wasn't in the past... But she'll get back in shape.. let's hope to see her in Italy for WCH..

P.S. Robin 11/12 attacks! :super: :super: :super: She's turning into a monster.. I won't be surprised to see her in another league next season

• Maybe Ornavasso's scout wants to discredit Ferretti in favour of Signorile :thumbdown: who fears to lose her spot in NT.
    As regards Tom's % tonight they are clearly exagerated, she recieved ok but can't be over 40% in attack :aww: these statistics are totally out of reality!

• We can all see Logan is not in her best shape but she is not expected to be.. how can she be when shes not practicing as much as she should and she was not for a long time... I am happy to see her play :D Seeing her on court makes me very very happy, no words to describe it :rose: Also 42% attacking percentage is not that bad.. she's also making some more attacking errors, which she wasn't in the past... But she'll get back in shape.. let's hope to see her in Italy for WCH..

P.S. Robin 11/12 attacks! :super: :super: :super: She's turning into a monster.. I won't be surprised to see her in another league next season

She is turning into a world class MB. If she is a smart person, she will stay in Italy. We all know foreign MBs don't play in the other leagues.

• Maybe Ornavasso's scout wants to discredit Ferretti in favour of Signorile :thumbdown: who fears to lose her spot in NT.
    As regards Tom's % tonight they are clearly exagerated, she recieved ok but can't be over 40% in attack :aww: these statistics are totally out of reality!

I like healthy skepticism! So from time to time I chart my own stats while watching. Tom was 8 kills out of 20 attacks in mine (4 kills, 3 kills, 1 kill, in set1,2 and 3, respectively). Legavolley has her at 8 of 19 so that attacking number seems reasonable to me.

I don't know what happened to Ferretti's :lol: In theory, those grades are automatically computed. A number probably got dropped from there somewhere. ?(

• Yes I remember, but Ferretti's vote is very strange. Usually players are between 5 and 7 and I think it is automatically calculated...but on the other hand, I remember Valentina Serena once got a -25 when she played in Turkey :rolll: So probably there is a way this vote can be manipulated by scouts if they want to...

It is automatically calculated :) This statistic's note include especially defense, which isn't noticed in statistics. But of course other things like attack, serve, block, reception setting are in this note also.

• It is automatically calculated :) This statistic's note include especially defense, which isn't noticed in statistics. But of course other things like attack, serve, block, reception setting are in this note also.

In the setup I've seen, Data Project/Data Volley recommends using two different computers and scouts to track stats.
    1st computer: Serves, Receptions, Attacks and Blocks
    2nd computer: Digs and Sets

I wonder if Serie A will ever start publishing setting and digging stats? Seems like 'voto' can be more useful with the other half of picture also available

• 5th ROUND (2nd half)

Openjobmetis Ornavasso - Rebecchi Nordmeccanica Piacenza 0-3 (19-25, 22-25, 17-25)
    Muresan 17, Logan Tom 9, Ikic 8 / L.Bosetti 17, De Kruijf 15, Vindevoghel 12
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=58532

Banca Di Forlì - Foppapedretti Bergamo 1-3 (16-25, 25-23, 17-25, 23-25)
    Ventura 14, Spelman 12, Pinedo 9 / Loda 20, Stufi 12, Diouf 11
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=58533

Liu•Jo Modena - Imoco Volley Conegliano 1-3 (19-25, 21-25, 28-26, 23-25)
    Piccinini 18, Rousseaux 18, Fabris 14 / Nikolova 18, Fiorin 15, Barcellini 11, Lloyd 8
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=58534

Pomì Casalmaggiore - Robur Tiboni Urbino 3-0 (25-23, 25-19, 27-25)
    Zago 23 (8 aces), Gennari 15, Lipicer Samec 10 / Negrini 12, Kostic 11, Santini 9
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=58535

Ihf Volley Frosinone - Igor Gorgonzola Novara 1-3 (18-25, 18-25, 25-20, 23-25)
    Gioli 18, Astarita 8, Percan 7 / Rosso 20, Murphy 18, Casillo 12
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=58536

Rest: Unendo Yamamay Busto Arsizio

STANDINGS
    1. Rebecchi Nordmeccanica Piacenza 39
    2. Imoco Volley Conegliano 33
    3. Foppapedretti Bergamo 32
    Liu•Jo Modena 28
    5. Igor Gorgonzola Novara 27
    6. Unendo Yamamay Busto Arsizio 23
    7. Pomì Casalmaggiore 18
    8. Openjobmetis Ornavasso 16

9. Robur Tiboni Urbino 14
    10. Ihf Volley Frosinone 6
    11. Banca Di Forlì 4

• She is turning into a world class MB. If she is a smart person, she will stay in Italy. We all know foreign MBs don't play in the other leagues.

Well it depends on which league and which club she'll choose.. You see Poljak is a regular starter for Ecz and Furst for Vakif too..On the other hand Veljkovic rarely plays for Gala and Bauer for Fb in TL I mean..So let's see what will she do..

P.S. Veljkovic said in a interview that she is very happy to be in Gala she said she would stay for 10 years :!: So I don't see her in another club next season.. they probably would keep her and Montano and hire a good passer..

• Individual Stats after 15 rounds

TOP SCORERS (total points)
    1. Valentina Diouf 284
    2. Samanta Fabris 237
    3. Valeria Rosso 234
    4. Daiana Muresan 216
    5. Floortje Meijners 212
    6. Lucia Bosetti 211
    7. Sara Loda 207
    8. Simona Gioli 205
    9. Valentina Zago 185
    10. Valentina Arrighetti 181
    11. Helene Rousseaux 180
    11. Francesca Piccinini 180
    13. Emiliya Nikolova 176
    14. Matea Ikic 167
    15. Veronica Angeloni 164

BEST SCORERS (points/set)
    1. Valentina Diouf 5,16
    2. Valentina Zago 4,74
    2. Samanta Fabris 4,74
    4. Emiliya Nikolova 4,63
    5. Valeria Rosso 4,42
    6. Kelly Murphy 4,30
    7. Floortje Meijners 4,24
    8. Helene Rousseaux 4,19
    9. Lucia Bosetti 4,14
    10. Daiana Muresan 4,08
    11. Simona Gioli 3,94
    12. Lise Van Hecke 3,93
    13. Tereza Vanzurova 3,76
    14. Hayley Spelman 3,75
    15. Anne Buijs 3,67

BEST SPIKERS (OPP and OH)*
    1. Floortje Meijners 44.34%
    2. Samanta Fabris 43.55%
    3. Helene Rousseaux 43.47%
    4. Valentina Diouf 42.96%
    5. Francesca Piccinini 42.42%
    6. Valeria Rosso 41.40%
    7. Matea Ikic 40.73%
    8. Lise Van Hecke 40.24%
    9. Valentina Zago 40.12%
    10. Daiana Muresan 40.09%

* Valentina Arrighetti with 57.81% is the Best Spiker among MB

BEST RECEIVERS
    1. Francesca Marcon 62.85%
    2. Monica De Gennaro 52.73%
    3. Jole Ruzzini 51.03%
    4. Sara Paris 50.85%
    5. Enrica Merlo 50.71%
    6. Giulia Leonardi 49.28%
    7. Carolina Zardo 48.21%
    8. Alessia Ghilardi 48.08%
    9. Jelena Blagojevic 47.07%
    10. Stefania Sansonna 46.92%
    11. Paola Cardullo 45.82%
    12. Francesca Piccinini 45.71%
    13. Chiara Negrini 44.62%
    14. Lucia Bacchi 44.55%
    15. Imma Sirressi 44.53%

BEST BLOCKERS (blocks/set)
    1. Raffaella Calloni 0,91
    2. Chiara Borgogno 0,90
    3. Jovana Stevanovic 0,84
    4. Giulia Pisani 0,82
    4. Lauren Gibbemeyer 0,82
    6. Valentina Arrighetti 0,78
    7. Cristina Chirichella 0,77
    7. Hristina Ruseva 0,77
    9. Manuela Leggeri 0,76
    10. Raphaela Folie 0,74

BEST SERVERS (aces/set)
    1. Logan Tom 1,00
    2. Valentina Zago 0,90
    3. Samanta Fabris 0,38
    3. Valentina Tirozzi 0,38
    3. Hayley Spelman 0,38

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worst Players

WORST SPIKERS
    1. Serena Ortolani 29.66%
    2. Simona Gioli 30.68%
    3. Lucia Bacchi 32.40%
    4. Olivera Kostic 32.45%
    5. Chiara Negrini 33.33%
    6. Veronica Angeloni 33.50%
    7. Alice Santini 33.80%
    8. Marija Petrovikj 33.98%

WORST RECEIVERS
    1. Rachael Kidder 22.99%
    2. Marija Petrovikj 23.58%
    3. Helene Rousseaux 23.86%
    4. Elena Perinelli 25.25%
    5. Floortje Meijners 29.15%
    6. Miriam Sylla 29.46%
    7. Cristina Barcellini 32.41%
    8. Valentina Fiorin 33.33%
    8. Anne Buijs 33.33%

WORST BLOCKERS (blocks/set among MB)
    1. Maria Lamprinidou 0,37
    2. Ivana Milos 0,39
    3. Federica Tasca 0,44
    3. Robin De Kruijf 0,44
    5. Lucia Crisanti 0,47
    5. Florencia Aguirre Perdomo 0,47
    7. Laura Frigo 0,49
    8. Kiesha Leggs 0,50

• Important victory yesterday for Foppa, now they are third! Modena looks a bit in crisis after the defeat in Coppa, while Piacenza is going again so fast. still a lot of interesting turns before the playoffs, and the things can still change! next round will be really hard for Foppa, nearly impossible but who knows...... :super:

• I'm curious which stats show more Player's class- Best Scorer overall pts or Best Scorer pts/set.

I'm curious which stats show more Player's class- Best Scorer overall pts or Best Scorer pts/set.

For me (from a purely attacking perspective), a combination of kills per set and hitting %, with a look at the player's Break Point score.

Then add the blocks/set and aces/set for the Best Scorer Award.

At least, based on stats readily available to fans.

• Best scorer is relying on how many set your team has played. That's why it is hard to compare a player from a team which played lots of tie-break with others. Vakıfbank's players are not best scorer in the league for instance however they have best players :whistle:

• Lonneke Sloetjes is back and will be on bench on sunday in the match against Novara.

• I'm very happy for Lonneke :drink:

In March 2013 she got injured..it is now March 2014...

• I'm very happy for Lonneke :drink:

In March 2013 she got injured..it is now March 2014...

I'm also happy that she's finally back.

She lost 3 months because NT doctors didn't want to operate her at first and tried to let the injury heal by itself :hit: But it's normal that especially the rebuilding of muscles takes very long after shoulder injuries, so it might take some more months until she has her old power back...

• I'm also happy that she's finally back.

She lost 3 months because NT doctors didn't want to operate her at first and tried to let the injury heal by itself :hit: But it's normal that especially the rebuilding of muscles takes very long after shoulder injuries, so it might take some more months until she has her old power back...

Well, since the surgery only took place in September...she lost even 6 months, in my opinion. NT-docs made a big mistake, that's a fact.

I agree, it will take some more months for her to be back at her normal level. I hope she will be able to help the team already a bit during the play-offs...I'm sure she really wants to show her gratitude towards the club and fans, though she will not be able to show her best on court yet!