World Grand Prix 2008

• It should be like in WL ,when hosts have obligation to broadcast matches.

Exactly!! I cannot understand why RAI blocked transmissions in Poland! That is stupid! But why no Polish channel could buy it? They didn't have premission from Italian TV? That is stupid!

• Yes samba, I feel you for that. We had in Poland the same problem. TV called TVP had all laws to female volley and they showed one match per two weeks, but then wonderful Polsat :D bought all laws. And we have all...except WGP. Only tournament from Wrocław is in Polsat. And i wish you better broadcaster ;)

• It's not only the problem when the tournament takes place in Italy but in general when Italy plays. Eurosport 1 never showed any matches of Italy in WGP in the past years!! I guess it's because this channel is available for free in Italy (like all over Europe) and Rai or Sky (whoever has been in charge of broadcasting in the last few years) does not allow Eurosport to broadcast Italy matches. :thumbdown:

• It's not only the problem when the tournament takes place in Italy but in general when Italy plays. Eurosport 1 never showed any matches of Italy in WGP in the past years!! I guess it's because this channel is available for free in Italy (like all over Europe) and Rai or Sky (whoever has been in charge of broadcasting in the last few years) does not allow Eurosport to broadcast Italy matches. :thumbdown:

Exactly! Last year Rai bought the rights of the WGP. But of the preliminary round they broadcasted just Brazil-Italy and Italy-Netherlands. Just two matches! I was so angry last year for this!

Wielki Znawca Pierwszy, I have to apologize for my message before, because you didn't use any offensive words against Italian NT. So there was no use to moderate you. But you know, I'm a fan, so sometimes I overreact. ;) :)

I fear that RAI will broadcast just the matches from Alassio, knowing what they did last year. :down:

• german team, turkish team, polland team, usa team, chinese team playing with new and young players. this world gp is different than before. but not that bad. that is the good timing for all of this team and young players. they dont feel that bad because they will share same feeling with not only the their teammates they will also share with other young teams

• This is a good win for Turkey. Everyone talks about missing players for USA but Turkey is missing a lot as well. Neslihan Demir is not there and neither are Gulden Kayalar and the top three middles of the country, Aysun Ozbek, Eda Erdem and Gokcen Denkel.

YUP. Turkey played better. And Congratulations for that. I just wanna recognize that Logan Tom isnt the only missing player but also Robyn Ahmow-Santos, Ogonna Nnamani, Cassie Busse, Nancy Metcalf, Stacy Sykora. I understand Lang Ping for not letting Tayyiba play much of the game as she is injured. So that leaves as only Glass, Bown and Scott left of the original line up. But great win Turkey.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

Edited once, last by jist ().

• Turkey has VERY young team and playing well. Plus strong league next season will help players. Kinda exciting to see what they'll accomplish in major tournies.

• From an opening match loss to Turkey, USA beat Kazakhstan in 3 straight sets - 25:16, 25:17, 25:18 in 1 hour and 8 minutes. US played without the services of Cynthia Barboza, Kristin Richards and Danielle Scott, who was replaced by Jennifer Joines in an explosive match with 11 points (10 attacks, 1 blocks). Tayyiba Haneef-Park led all scorers with 16 points (13 attacks, 3 blocks) but Kim Willoughby, just less than 6 months from her entrance in the national team, stood out and scored 14 big points (12 attacks, 12 blocks). She is seriously becoming a contender for a spot in Beijing. Starters Bown and Glass added 7 points each. Lindsay Berg, US' team captain, chipped in a point while Stanford University's incoming Senior and rising Volleyball star Foluke Akinradewo added 2 points.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• japan turkey :3-2
    we lost but it was very funny and exciting match expecially kimura saori and gözde kırdar were best player of match..
    And two setters show good performance,naz has 5 blocks,it is wonderful for a young setter(17 years old)
    congrulations for turkish young players,and japan... :drink:

• brasil teams just standing, they dont play actually. watching the Brasilian team doesn't give pleasure and how bad walewska using service..

• For all Brazilian fans who criticize Carol Albuquerque:

Despite Brazil's lousy service reception, she's leading the best setter statistics. I hope she could keep on improving. I'm sick and tired of all the bla bla bla about Fernanda Venturini and Fofão!

Go Carol!

• For all Brazilian fans who criticize Carol Albuquerque:

Despite Brazil's lousy service reception, she's leading the best setter statistics. I hope she could keep on improving. I'm sick and tired of all the bla bla bla about Fernanda Venturini and Fofão!

Go Carol!

Right Celso. I agree with you. Why dont you let Carol set for Brazil. Because Fofao and Fernanda is aging (Fofao probably is the oldest on all of the national teams). Undeniably, Brazil has the most amazing attackers but whats lacking in the team is a young and upcoming setter. Once Fofao retires, who will then set for Brazil? Take for example the USA, Robyn Ahmow-Santos might retire after the Olympics, but we still have Lindsay Berg and 21-year old Anggie Mcginnis who played her first international competition but was awarded as the Best Setter in Pan American Cup a month ago.

The coach of Brazil should allow Carol to play for the whole of grandprix and let Fofao take care of the Olympics..My opiniion.

• turkey 3-kazakhstan:0

both seda and esra took 15 points. gözde played a little time. naz also seems like that. chippiani didn't use main team for weak rival.

• Ana Tiemi 20/21yo, 187cm...
    Fernandinha
    Marcelle Moraes

• Two 5-set matches for Beijing Teams:

China won over Fofao-less Brazil 3-2. 22:25, 26:24, 22:25, 25:22, 15:13. Comebacking Zhao RuiRui led all scorers with 22 points. Walewska led Brazil with 18 points. So it was a battle of the Middles. China will be in Pool A in Beijing while Brazil will be in Pool B.

Meanwhile, USA defeated Japan 3-2. 29-27, 18:25, 25:18, 16:25, 15:13. Haneef-Park led USA with 21 points. Takahashi led Japan with 21 points as well. Japan is missing the services of their Middle Blocker Araki while USA's missing main setter Ahmow-Santos, Tom, Nnamani, Busse and Sykora. USA and Japan will both be in Pool A.

:white: :white:

• Im waiting for the final match of the day: Italy vs Cuba. :wavy:

• what has happened to sheila castro? seems to be not in her form.

and zhao is back and i hate it .... china is again a top contender for the olympics .... my fave team russia has to do something great and spectacular to win in beijing ... so many teams are becoming more and more powerful ....

• what has happened to sheila castro? seems to be not in her form.

and zhao is back and i hate it .... china is again a top contender for the olympics .... my fave team russia has to do something great and spectacular to win in beijing ... so many teams are becoming more and more powerful ....

Im also wondering about Sheilla. She only scored less than 10 when infact she is mostly the top scorer in every Brazil match. China's sending a message that they will be the team to beat this coming Olympics. Zhao is definitely back but we also have to remember that this is the Team that China will parade in Beijing whereas most teams lack a player or players.. I have atleast 6 teams vying for the Gold: China, Russia, USA, Brazil, Cuba, Italy. Serbia, Japan and Poland are the dark horses fot he competition.