World Grand Prix 2009

• That's good that Serbia lost ;) I hate this team so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I'm glad Italy won (I'm especially glad that Centoni was captain. YAY! :win: ), but I can't comment on the matches if I don't see them... Tomorrow I'll try to use the link you guys posted (thanks!)...I hope to finally see something!

• It is good that Pankov used Pasynkova and Kosheleva. I thought he would be using Safronova and Kulikova, which would be a disaster.

Pankov used Kulikova, Gamova & Safronova (substituted by Fateeva) in set 3, which was very boring and they almost lost that set to France...... :aww:

• Kulikova is beautiful..sometimes I think that she is a man..serious..Match Russia- France was very boring..I like French team, but unfortunately they won't qualifiaction..but Russia will be huge problems..

• Some time ago I read somwhere, that Kulikova wants to change her sex, but it is defenitely a topic for another thread ;)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• well Kulikova is not the most beautiful women but she is good player ,not everybody is as pretty as POles :)

as for today matches overall. well i think Serbia and Russia want to prove each other who make the biggest regress of all European team last times. Serbia performance is awful Russia isnt any better.

i was suprise about Italy. i did not expect them to play such a great match with a squad like that against Germany, what's more i did not expect them to qualify but looking at how Serbia and Russia play i think they will qualify now .

Netherlands in my opinion are the best here. Flier is great so is Bloom. Kim Stealens is so predicable but happily for her she has great wing spikers who finish most of a spike

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• What happened to Serbia today????I mean..I know that Flier is playing a lot and everything...she is fantastic...but 41 mistakes from Serbia?!!!!!! I expected a game harder game...I hoep taht they get better next time....

Great performance of Italy...

Why is Kosuch playing as OH if Grun is not playing? She is playing well anywhere...so I think it would be better to have her as OP, and Dumler and Brinker as OH....at least were working this way....

• but 41 mistakes from Serbia?!!!!!!

Don't trust the stats posted on CEV site, there are many things wrong. I watched all matches (apart from first two sets of GER-ITA) and many things were totally different than in the stats. For example Dutch reception, they must have had between 60-70% perfect receptions!!

• I think that Italy winning is not a surprise at all. I mean, you have Centoni, Guiggi, Ortolani and Ferretti. They gained somehow international experience - even Olympic and World League experience.

• I believe the four qualified teams for the next year's WGP will be Poland, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands. I hope Germany and Poland could play next year's WGP with a competitive team, if the most famous players don't come, I hope at least to see young and promising players on court.

• I think that Italy winning is not a surprise at all. I mean, you have Centoni, Guiggi, Ortolani and Ferretti. They gained somehow international experience - even Olympic and World League experience.

World League?Are U kidding?You mean they changed the sex to join the male game?

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• Oh yess! That was adrenaline! Finally, the Netherlands play like they have to. I can't even tell who was the best. There was the single solid team on the court. The team which I fell in love with... hehehe :thumbup:

ITALY vs The NETHERLANDS 1:3 (25:23, 23:25, 18:25, 20:25 )

Btw, why do they play with an old ball ? :what:

• Oh yess! That was adrenaline! Finally, the Netherlands play like they have to. I can't even tell who was the best. There was the single solid team on the court. The team which I fell in love with... hehehe :thumbup:

ITALY vs The NETHERLANDS 1:3 (25:23, 23:25, 18:25, 20:25 )

Btw, why do they play with an old ball ? :what:

it is not strange that this tournament uses the old ball, because only this ball can show the real strength of the team not playing the Olympics...That's why i am wondering why the Olympics used a new ball suddenly..and i don't really think World Grand Prix 2009 will use the new ball....is that just because of some other factors which we still haven't known?