Junior European Championships 2008

• WTF?! Russia beat Poland with a 25x14 and a 25x9(?!). It is strange that it was a five sets match, considering these two sets alone. The tie break was also pretty easy, which makes it even more strange. That's more like women volleyball.

Is there any way to see these matches online?

• u can watch them on bwin but u need to have some cash on your account. they're not showing every match either .

about result of Poland Russia as Russki said it's very strange. i have never seen such unbalance match. the result of 4 set is embarassing :white: Russia scored 27 point more then Poland and it was 5 set match :white: anyway i hope Polish boys will advance to next round and get some medal. its about time young players get medal

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Do you live on the Internet is from these championships? I know that this is the bwin.com but you must have money in your account.

• Pool I: Russia, Italy, Poland, Belgium, Germany, Turkey
    Pool II: France, Czech Republic, Slovenia, the Netherlands, Belarus, Croatia

and where is Bulgaria?? 8| 8| 8|
    I thought there were a lot of good young players according to Afroman. So... Why Bulgaria doesn´t take part??

• And Poland lost to Belgium 3:1 :down: I hope it won't happen again on sunday :roll: Generally, this junior competition has been very bad for Poland...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Semifinals will be:

Russia vs. Germany
    France vs. The Netherlands

• So, Armel, it looks like France has young tallented players and ther is a hope, that your adult team will be very good again. Do you see in this junior team some players who are able to be as good as eg. Antiga, Henno, Samica etc.?

The most important 3:

• So, Armel, it looks like France has young tallented players and ther is a hope, that your adult team will be very good again. Do you see in this junior team some players who are able to be as good as eg. Antiga, Henno, Samica etc.?

Maybe the future is bright for them. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• The wing spiker Guillaume Quesque is very talented.
    He is 2,03 m tall, very good spiker and a very decent receiver.
    He was MVP of the youth european championship last year.

The opposite (17 years old Earvin N'Gapeth) is also a very good spiker.
    He was 5th scorer of last year youth world championship (at 16), and is currently the best server of the tournament (13 aces in 4 games and 12 sets)

Both signed a contract with Tours this year. Quesque shorten is cursus in french VB National Center to come in Tours, and signed a 3 years contract (so he won't go playing in Italy or Russia too quickly).

I think that France never had players like them, so it's hard to make comparison. Quesque will more be a player somewhere between Gruzska or Kazyiski than someone like Antiga. If he improves in receiving he could be someone like Konstantinov too.
    N'Gapeth will maybe be a player like Granvorka, but Granvorka started his career as a MB before switching for wing spiker, and then opposite on a few occasions. That's why it's really hard to make comparison.

Starting lineup includes middle blocker Kevin Le Roux (2,09 m, so ... physical potential !), the excellent receiver Frederic Barrais (unfortunately he lacks the size to play at senior international level being 1,88m tall, but he may play as a libero) , setter and captain Benjamin Toniutti (excellent setter, by far the best of las year youth ECH, but only 1,82 m tall). I think Toniutti is even a better setter than Pujol at the same age. But unfortunately he doesn't have the physicall skills of Pujol. He will probably try to play as a libero at senior level.
    I don't know really well the second MB, because he was not able to play last year at the youth ECH (that's where I was able to see these players with the internet broadcast). Same goes for the libero.

Some funny things with this team:
    N'Gapeth's, Tillie's and Rossard's fathers were member of French NT at the 1988 Olympics.
    N'Gapeth's and Tillie's fathers are respectively head coach of Tours and Cannes for the next season.

• Semifinals will be:

Russia vs. Germany
    France vs. The Netherlands

I think it's France vs Germany and Russia vs The Netherlands

France played it's last game against The Netherlands without 4 regular starters (N'Gapeth, Quesque, Le Roux and Toniutti), giving away second place to the Dutch.

My prono:

1. Russia
    2. France
    3. Germany
    4. The Netherlands

• Thank you for this big answer, Armel. I didn't have to be so bored at work :)

The most important 3:

• I'm sorry, you're right: it's France - The Netherlands and Russia - Germany

A little bit strange to play first and second of each poule once more against each other before moving on to the final.

• I think it's France vs Germany and Russia vs The Netherlands

France played it's last game against The Netherlands without 4 regular starters (N'Gapeth, Quesque, Le Roux and Toniutti), giving away second place to the Dutch.

I quoted the draw from CEV website . So I think this is official.
    And I agree that the final will probably be France vs Russia.

France beat Russia in last year youth championship, but that was at the first game of the competition, and Russia also lost to Poland last year and won against them this year.
    Both team dominated their pool, so that's why many are expecting this final.

the excellent receiver Frederic Barrais (unfortunately he lacks the size to play at senior international level being 1,88m tall, but he may play as a libero) , setter and captain Benjamin Toniutti (excellent setter, by far the best of las year youth ECH, but only 1,82 m tall). I think Toniutti is even a better setter than Pujol at the same age. But unfortunately he doesn't have the physicall skills of Pujol. He will probably try to play as a libero at senior level.

Size is a huge advantage but is not everything in modern volleyball. Barrais's career is going to be interesting. Is he something like Kapfer or Kilama? About the setter Toniutti I really hope he will progress to a good level despite his 182 cm. Look what Marcelinho is doing for Brazil with his 183! Ricardo did not even block during some of Brazil's games due to the relatively smaller size :) The final will be a cracker for sure!