Italy - Serie A 2008/09

• FINDOMESTIC VOLLEY CUP A1

Schedule
    Regular season: 12th October - 11th April
    Play Offs: 15th April - 13th May

13° Findomestic Super Cup: 8th October 2008

20° All Star Game: 8th December 2008

Findomestic Coppa Italia A1: Beginning: 23rd October 2008. Final Eight: 4th- 8th February 2009.

• Team rosters of the Serie A Teams:

Scavolini Pesaro (Ze Roberto):
    Jaqueline, Guiggi, Ferretti, Skowronska, Fürst, Costagrande, Wijnhoven, Garzaro, Brussa, Lunghi, Castiglione, Lazcano, Di Crescenzo

Despar Perugia:
    Decordi, Crisanti, Staelens, Togut, Dushkyevich, Willoughby, Arcangeli, Pincerato, Medaglioni, Casillo, Angeloni

Foppapedretti Bergamo (Micelli):
    Del Core, Araki, Lo Bianco, Ortolani, Barazza, Piccinini, Merlo, Gujska, Bacchi, Sorokaite, Camarda, Arrighetti

Asystel Novara (Pedulla):
    Osmokrovic, Anzanello, Bechis, Podolec, Paggi, Kozuch, Cardullo, Lombardo, Barcellini, Scarabelli, Rosso

Jesi (Nesic):
    Rinieri, Calloni, Ognjenovic, Flier, Bown, Negrini, Zilio, Cerioni, Travaglini, Kamenjarin

Busto Arsizio (Parisi):
    Esko, Campanari, Fernandinha, Matuszkova, Buckova, Vigano, Borri, Valeriano, Fokkens, Kovakova, Rocca, Okaka

Tena Santeramo (Braia):
    Swieniewicz, Marulli, Sangiuliano, Orsi Toth, Fernandez, Capuano, Sirressi, Cacciapaglia, Masino, Filipovics, Zicari, Boteva, Zhurovska

Sassuolo (Ferrari):
    Bosetti, Nucu, Rondon, Turlea, Leggeri, Havelkova, Vecchi, Cella, Diomede, Guidi, Rastelli

Cesena (Benelli):
    Usic, Ssuschke, Swiderek, Alves Berti, Musti De Gennaro, De Luca, Mazzoni, Mifkova, Poggiali, Piolanti, Venturi

Vicenza (Fangareggi):
    Kucerova, Paccagnella, Dall'Igna, Curcic, Devetag, Ikic, De Gennaro, Strobbe, Rroco, Santini, Tirozzi, Ensabella, Mattiolo, Bertone

Chieri (Salomoni):
    Cicolari, Giovanna, Aleksovska, Popovic, Busso, Petrauskaite, Puerari, Radulovic, Tarozzo, Stufi

Castellana Grotte (Radogna):
    Quaranta, Petkova, Dalia, Elisangela, Scott, Soninha, Sansonna, Moncada, Roani, Karalyus, Tribuzio, De Haes

Conegliano (Martinez):
    Pavan, Bonan, Serena, Brakocevic, Manzano, Serafin, Rossetto, Ghisellini, Marcon, Positello, Do Carmo, Dal Mas, Robazza, Ceschin

Pavia (Milano):
    Pachale, Borgogno, Spinato, Terranova, Bland, Horvat, Poma, Caroli, Vetri, Bergomi

• How good is Pincerato? Can she back-up Staelens if ever she does not play well. I tried to read up on her but all the sites I can find that contain info about her are in Italian and I can't read Italian. :S

• Pincerato is quite good, she has also played some tournaments with NT this summer. She is still quite young.

I don't think so, I think Stefania Dall'Igna is better than her.

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• Thanks Valentine and Matthias for the info, I noticed that most of the players in Perugia's roster are young and quite "unproven" (my opinion only :D ). Are they having financial problems? The other clubs (Jesi, Pesaro, Bergamo) had big signings compared to Perugia.

Another thing, considering that they have Angeloni and Willoughby, will Perugia still pursue Glinka?

• I don't think Angeloni will play very much. Actually I believe she is one of the biggest disappointments in Italian volley. In junior team she was almost on the same level as Ortolani (as far as I am informed) but she did not improve very much since then...

• glinka is not playing this season at all if i understood her right, she wants to take a general break (to make babies :D )

Oh that would be great for her :D but bad for Perugia. :thumbdown: I was hoping she would play together with Willoughby again. :|

So if Angeloni isn't that good, who is their second OH? Is Perugia now weak? How could they defend their Euro title?

• Today, Erika Araki from Japan left from Japan to ITA with Team Bergamo.
    Many Japanese hope that she will play very well in TOP league Serie-A.
    If you know info about her, ple tell us!!

• I'm so happy for her. After Shin, another Asian plays again in the Serie A.

I know that Araki is good, but whom will the coach start, Arighetti or she?

• araki is the obvious choice. she's better in both attacking and blocking.

pincerato plays very much like ferretti. and i agree with valentine, dal'ligna is so much better than these two.

• Good news: Eurosport 2 will show a match of A1 live every saturday afternoon!

The first broadcast will be from Supercup match Pesaro vs Bergamo on 8 october.

holly sh*t :woohoo: :dance4:
    yes at last i just love Eurosport's commentators they're awsome :) POlsat Sport in Poland showed some matches of A1 but it was something like one per week and later on they stop showing it.so good news :D at last i will see Skowronska in Serie A :) and Podolec as well

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• There was a trainings-match between Scavolini Pesaro and Lines Cesena.
    Pesaro won 3:2 (25:18, 19:25, 25:20, 24:26, 17:15).
    Major players like Martina Guiggi, Franesca Feretti, Ilaria Garzaro and Christiane Furst were missing.
    Skowronska scored 23pts. and Costagrande 18.

• How about Jacqueline? How did she play?

• Oh I see. Pesaro now is trying to cut costs after their big preseason signings. hahah :lol: Will Skowronska, Costagrande, Guigi and Ferreti really come to Brazil? Pity that Sao Caetano will not play. Haha

• Hi, did I just miss it or is Maja Poljak really not anywhere up there?