European Championships 2009

• Italy is absolutely amazing. Every single player shows an excellent performance, and they are able to bring this together in a perfect teamwork! I really don't think any team can beat them in this tournament, it will be for them like Olympics was for Brazil last year :white:

And Neslihan is really in a bad shape now, like this Turkey has no chances to win a medal. Deniz is also a very big weakness, her attacks are so easy and she doesn't work well in reception and defense at all.

• Grande Italia :D
    :white: Italy is just great what an amazing team :super:
    1st and 2nd set was just superb . Turkey fight bravely but Italy defence and their overall versality is just too much for any European team.
    i think we already know the European Champion od 2009 :obey:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Italy is absolutely amazing. Every single player shows an excellent performance, and they are able to bring this together in a perfect teamwork! I really don't think any team can beat them in this tournament, it will be for them like Olympics was for Brazil last year :white:

And Neslihan is really in a bad shape now, like this Turkey has no chances to win a medal. Deniz is also a very big weakness, her attacks are so easy and she doesn't work well in reception and defense at all.

Agree. So far Italy is the best.

• Yay for Italy! :thumbsup:
    I'm very happy after today's result. I still think that sometimes we "relax" a bit and we start making mistakes, but I like how the team is always able to focus at the end of a set.
    The second set was maybe the most entertaining. There was a moment towards the end when both teams showed great defense and the ball just wouldn't drop. The Italian commentator said "Incredible!" I don't know how many times. :D
    The third set was really easy for us, Turkey made a lot of mistakes.
    Well, I'm really happy so far. I hope our girls can keep up this level of playing. :)

p.s mateo, don't jinx it!! :D

• POLAND :!: :thumbsup: :lol:

who knows? :lol: if this EC s in Turkey, u ll ve more chance 8)

• I think there aren't any team who can beat Italy this tournament.. They're amazing.. and They have best teamwork in this tournament.. Gioli, Barazza, Lo Bianco, Del Core, Agüero were unbelievable.. I like them, I hope they can be champion, in fact they will be :D

• Oh ohoh.it was unbelivable day for Azeri team.Slovakia is really the suprise of the tournament. They are very good team. Congratulations. I am so happy.
    Natalya MAMMADOVA 35 points.5 blocks 2 aces and 20 reception. And +25 points! Is not she amazing? And you have to know that she has two injuries and her playing was under question! Polina Rahimova 15 points,setter Oksana Parkhomenko points. We have 16 blocks.I think it is real Azeri game. Although we could finish the macyh in 4th set,when the score was 20-16.but Slovakia is amazing!

• It's sad to see the Croatian team play :( Their performace is the same like yesterday...Who knows an explanation for their terrible performances?

• YeeejjjIIII

They should have played like that yesterday....
    It will be very interesting tomorrow against Netherlands

• France won 1set against Germany and they can win one more because at the moment they are leading 20-18 in the fourth set.

Edit:
    No... Germany won the match 3-1

• Congratulations germany. I really like this team.Everybody thought that they will play very bad without German outstandign star Angelina Grun,but they showed the opposite!!! I like this team because they have charachtere which i prefer most of all in volleyball.Our team always showd this charachtere,that`s why matches betwee Deutch and Azeri team is always very interesting for me. Congrats Germany!

• much better girls. and i'm not talking only about result. we played quite well strong attack good fast setting they weren't so stress out today so i hope they can play like that tommorow :) Holland is definitly the favourite but that's the most beautiful thing about sport-favoutires don't win all the time :super:
    poor France they were leading 24-21 in 4 set and who knows how it would went in the tie break :)
    i gotta comment on Crowd in Wroclaw-really good job guys out there amazing atmosphere even though Poland is not playing there. Hall is like 3/4 full and fans are very loud and enthusiastic well done :cup:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Today again not a real match. Spain was - just as Croatia - far too weak. I'm not happy with our level of play. Especially reception was not good. Tomorrow we play against 13.007 people ;) I think the huge crowd could make the difference. I hope our girls can cope with the atmosphere!

• Is Senna Usic injured? Can she play against Polska?

No she didn't play, something with her knee :down:

• Generally, I don't know what to think about Poland-Croatia match. Poles played much better today, that's true. Almost every aspect of the play was quite good. On the other hand, Croatia has been looking very poor in the tournament. I suppose, they might lose to Spain, although these teams seem to be on similar level. However, we will have a real test tomorrow, against Holland. Holland is a favorite, but I hope Poland have already played the worst game of the tournament - against Spain, and will show their best. We have 0-6 in sets against Holland this year. Maybe it will be better tomorrow, but I wouldn't bet all my money on it...

Italy have been really impressing so far, but in my opinion it is too early to call them European Champions today. Let us wait.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Another easy win for Serbia, but it was a pretty boring match, Serbia didn't need to try that hard. I hope they will be able to raise their level in the main round against stronger opponents.
    I expected so much more from Czech Republic, I'm disappointed. Matuszkova in particular was a complete disaster.