European Championships 2009 - Turkey

• The game tomorrow will be on life and death. If we finish second then we'll be facing again Poland.... :cheesy: Otherwise we must win against Russia.

• The game tomorrow will be on life and death. If we finish second then we'll be facing again Poland.... :cheesy:

not nessesarly :) eg Bulgaria can play against Russia again cus there is another draw before semis :)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• not nessesarly :) eg Bulgaria can play against Russia again cus there is another draw before semis :)

Bulgaria is not afraid of any of the possbile teams to play with at the semis, so it doesn't really matter. I just want to congratulate our boys for the way they're playing in this tournament, for the courage and spirit they're showing. Bulgaria is with you boys, we want the gold and WE BELIEVE, good luck against Holland and in next games. :) :drink: :obey:

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Poland didn't play great game yesterday, but the victory is the most important. Now we are really close to the semifinals :) Kurek didn't have a good day against Spaniards - they knew how to stop him. But we had Gruszka :thumbsup: His attacks and... blocks gave us the win. Fantastic! I'm very happy, beacause I thought we would lost the tie-breake. Spain had match point and it was really close to defeat :whistling:
    We have definitely easier way to semifinal than teams from the second group and it would be a real sin, if we didn't take advantage of this...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I'm totally pissed off....We should !!! have won second and fourth set !!!! Second set we are 22-18 in front and then a couple horrible sets in a row of van Harskamp. Fourth set we lose at the end because of f*cking Kay van Dijk... :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

• so we already know 3 semifinalist. Poland Bulgaria and Russia and(probably) FRance.
    we won with Slovakia but i'm not happy with this result or rather performance-unfortunatly we are playing much worse than in 1st group phaze and i dunno why is that ;| we need to improve a lot if we want to win a medal here :)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• I'm totally pissed off....We should !!! have won second and fourth set !!!! Second set we are 22-18 in front and then a couple horrible sets in a row of van Harskamp. Fourth set we lose at the end because of f*cking Kay van Dijk... :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Yes!!! We could win those sets and some horable mistakes gives a loosing two sets. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :wall: :wall: :wall:

• Luck for Poland, luck for us, but it won't be forever. And now it will be - Poland or Russia. Always they are on our way! But I want it to be Russia.

• @ superbobo

It hurts badly, but I would like to congratulate you ;)

I still can't believe what happened....so many silly mistakes, bad sets at the end of second set and f*cking van Dijk, who hits the ball three times in a row like a child instead of hitting like a man. Blangé stressed in time-outs at the end of fourth set to hit like a real man (doorslaan --> dutch word), and than van Dijk.... :wall: :wall: Bontje critisized him in last time-out for that and then he felt offended....

Kaziyski and Nikolov are really world-class-players. I think Bulgaria won thanks to them.

• I miss Boyan Yordanov, hopefully - he will be in the position opposite when Nikolov will retire. Yes, you have some child mistakes at the end, but I must admit that Netherlands have played very good technically and in defense. We had big luck but also big spirit in the end of 4th set. And if we have lost that it will be all over for us - Russia will crush us like usual with 3-0 at all cost. We are also very tired, that's why it was hard for us and also very nervous game.

• @ superbobo

I'm not sure Russia will crush Bulgaria. I think Russia is better in serve and block, but Bulgaria is in my opinion better in attack (Nikolov, Kaziyski) and defense/reception. I think it will be an exciting game!

• Tomorrow game won;t be exciting, but in semis will be exciting for sure. In defense Russia showed that they're better than us in Varna.

• It was a sweet victory today because it sent us to the final 4 and it was a hard game too :win: . Netherlands played very well after the first set and I got extremely nervous in the end of the match because of the great importance which it had and playing point by point from both teams reaching more than 25... I was going to get heart attack ha ha :D no joking. That was at least for me the most stressing match till now. I wish our team great luck for the weekend. Congrats also for good performance of Netherlands ;)

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Another 2-3 for Poland. You are a lucky team :win:

Maybe lucky, but also better than Slovakia :D Maybe u didn't see that today(cuz yeah, actually we rly played worse than in previous matches), but anyway We're better team :D

i'm not happy with this result or rather performance-unfortunatly we are playing much worse than in 1st group phaze and i dunno why is that ;| we need to improve a lot if we want to win a medal here :)

Yes, I also think like u. I agree, We play much worse than in previous matches. But... :P
    If a weaker shape had come, it's good that it has come now, not during the semifinals. I hope that we will play well again in the semis. I'm glad that We finally begin to win a nervous tie breaks, which were one of our major problems (for example, IO 2008, Poland vs Italy). Our second coach, Krzysiek Stelmach said that tomorrow against Greeks, we'll see players, who were outside of squad. So probably we'll see Igła(finally!) and Marcel :D

Luck for Poland, luck for us, but it won't be forever. And now it will be - Poland or Russia. Always they are on our way! But I want it to be Russia.

Why Russia? :D R u afraid of us? :rolll:

• Maybe lucky, but also better than Slovakia :D Maybe u didn't see that today(cuz yeah, actually we rly played worse than in previous matches), but anyway We're better team :D

Yes, I also think like u. I agree, We play much worse than in previous matches. But... :P
    If a weaker shape had come, it's good that it has come now, not during the semifinals. I hope that we will play well again in the semis. I'm glad that We finally begin to win a nervous tie breaks, which were one of our major problems (for example, IO 2008, Poland vs Italy). Our second coach, Krzysiek Stelmach said that tomorrow against Greeks, we'll see players, who were outside of squad. So probably we'll see Igła(finally!) and Marcel :D

Why Russia? :D R u afraid of us? :rolll:

Hehe, with all my respect we are not afraid of anybody :P But it will be an interesting game Bulgaria-Poland, unlike superbobo I prefer this 1/2 for us. Or France against us will be perfect :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Another 2-3 for Poland. You are a lucky team :win:

Lucky as hell. Lucky, because the results aginst Spain and Slovakia; lucky; because of our opponents in the second group stage.
    Of course I'm glad, that we are in the best "four". In ECh it happend after 26 years breake :roll: But yesterday both Poland and Slovakia showed no class. With all the respect - it looked like female volleyball. I can't understand the team, which wins 25-10 and than loses the next set in the same way! If we want to have a medal, we have to play much better, cause we have no chance against Russia or Bulgaria(although it might be also a team from our group in the semis) with performance from games against Spain and Slovakia . Generally, we haven't played any real good team so far. Real problems will begin in the semifinal. Something needs to be changed.
    Yesterday, after POL-SVK game I was both glad and pissed off. Unfortunately, this Polish team doesn't give guarantee of anything. If we had players we lack, it would be completely diffrent case.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Slovakia lost 3 games in 5setter (Poland, Spain, Greece), Poland won 2 games in 5setter saving some MP vs Spain (Falasca's poor set gave win to Poland then, match was practicly over ) and 16-14 in 5th vs Slovakia. I feel sorry for Slovaks, they lack something little to be in top here. Now they are out, undeservedly if you ask me. I would much rather see them in semis than Poland, but what can be done, it is over now.

About france, they are saying they need 2 sets for semis, but if they lose 2-3 and i.e Germany win 3-0, then Germany has same points but better set ratio than France. Am i missing something here? Tnx