2009 transfer news

• Maréchal is a good spiker.

This season his stats in spiking are pretty good and the like of Hudecek or Shafranovich. Many fans believe that Poitiers made a great move signing him.
    But I think that you got it right with Lotman and Maréchal being too young. Especially if the opposite is Antonin Rouzier.

• I completely forgot about the chance of Rouzier going to Poitiers.

With Marechal, Lotman and Rouzier in the antenas, they have great potential but I i doubt how good they can be throw an entire season, I guess that a team with such young players in the antenas will have a lot of ups and downs.

I personally was thinking that after the big dissappointment from Poitiers this year, they will play it safe next season with proven players in these levels, but, I guess they are going for all or nothing.

I much prefer the system in Tours when the young Outside hitters (Casias, Ngapeth and Quesque) will have an experienced Outside hitter like Schalk to play with and to learn from.

• Frangolacci is very experienced as well for Poitiers.

But the main problem for Poitiers is that Maréchal will not have a real backup next season.

(By the way there are some rumors that Tours is considering signing an other outside-hitter. That's not impossible because with the IECL to play there's going to be a lot of games next season.
    Sure, Tours has 4 outside hitters right now, but only one opposite, and two of them are juniors*! Should one of them be injuried for some time, and the team won't be able to get Konecny any rest if needed. Or that would mean you have no outside hitter on the bench, and you can not replace a struggling player anymore.

Since Gaumont-Casias and Earvin Ngapeth can both play as opposites, the team can consider to recruit either a backup oposite, or an other outside hitter. )

*Actually Earvin Ngapeth is not even a junior, but he is already playing better than most of them.

• Loïc De Kergret (Kaliningrad) back in Tours.

He wanted to be back with is family (they did not follow him in Russia and remained in Tours) and accepted "good second setter" wages and the possibility to be only a backup for Loïc Le Marrec next year. (But as he said, Eric Ngapeth will have the better of the two on court, and at 39, De Kergret feels still ready to fight for a place of starter)
    The contract is not signed yet, but De Kergret announced it himself in the press. And he is not really the kind of man to come back on his word , even if he had an offer from Ufa and other contacts in Russia or Italy.

De Kergret explained that he did not want to play anywhere else Tours, and should Tours have drop his offer, he would have gone back to his real home, on the "Ile de Ré" and only accept some short term contracts here or there as a joker player.

A funny thing, the young De Kergret was a teammate of Eric Ngapeth in Cannes back in 1992, and is remembering the birth of Swan Ngapeth ... Who will be is teammate next season!

• The contract is not signed yet

The contract is now signed. :thumbsup:

• Congrats, you have now 2 very good Loic setters :lol:

• Yes, and both used to play with the number 11. (De kergret's surname is even "LK11", and he eventually founded a cloth brand "LK11")
    But it looks like next year we'll have a LK17 !

Let's sum it up: 2 Loïc, 2 Konecny, and 3 Ngapeth ... That's almost an entire team ! :lol:

• Today news from France:

Yves Kruyner the young Belgian setter (19) from Halen (Belgium) will be the backup setter of Cannes next season. Kruyner won the bronze medal at the 2007 youth European championship, and was awarded third best setter of the 2008 Junior World championship with Belgium.

Florian Kilama (Poitiers) signed 1+1 contract with Beauvais. His middle blocker teammate from Poitiers, Christophe Songolo has also some contacts with Beauvais and St Quentin. Marquinho, the Brazilian libero from Paris said he was "90% in Beauvais next season", even if he will meet Paris's staff today. Sète's setter Julien Anton also said he was waiting for a reply from Beauvais.

According to l'Equipe, Roland Rademaker, the international Dutch setter from Moers (Germany) will sign a contract with Tourcoing today.

And in Poitiers the mood is quite weird.
    Songolo complained that no one in the club told him anything (and basically no one told him his contract would not be extended) and so did his fellow middle blocker Marcelo Barretto. Even the coach Olivier Lecat meet with the president only yesterday. There is no news of deals that leaked in the press for many days now (Lotttman, Sol, Zopie) to the point that one may wonder if there are not some problems of some sort.
    And maybe the most disappointing is that the club did not even thanked players such as Caceres, Kilama, Baranek, Barretto, Songolo who are now leaving ... :thumbdown:

• Murat Palavar and Caglar Ozel signed a contract with Bozkurt Belediyesi (Turkish League)

• brazilian players:

samuel fuchs will play for SADA/CRUZEIRO next season

serginho (escadinha) ,libero, will stay in SANTANDER, bruno rezende,thiago alves, eder in CIMED.

• Aleh Akhrem from Iraklis to Resovia Rzeszow :thumbsup:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Best of luck to Ahrem .... We`ll miss him. Godd player and great guy.

Olympiacos signed Caldeira from Siros
    The things with Miljkovic have changed and he`ll stay (at least that`s what the papers say) Their next target is Tischer .(As you can the CL runner up Iraklis is on sale mode)

• I'll miss the old Iraklis team. :(

Without Simon, Marcus will be sad... Hehe..

• New coach for Sisley Flavio Gullineli (former Iraklis , big surprise)

Nilson at the moment is literaly begging to stay. Hope someone makes him an offer now that Broking signed as new coach

Aleh Akhrem from Iraklis to Resovia Rzeszow :thumbsup:

That's great news for Resovia! I guess they will try to build a good team for the IECL next season. The signing of Akhrem is only positive, he is from the type of volleyball players I adore - not very tall, but with amazing physical abilities and huge jump :thumbup: I am eager to see the whole new team of Resovia since they obviously wanna build something competitive! Let's hope they can challenge Skra for the title next year :)

Otherwise, I am also very sad about Iraklis. One of the teams I admire a lot! Not only for the fanatic support, but for the constantly great performance in the IECL! I don't know about Plamen Konstantinov yet, but when Akhrem and Gulinelli left, Tischer and Nilsson on the transfer list, I simply can't imagine what will happen with Iraklis... This team should not fall apart!!! IECL without Iraklis is not the same :( In fact, Greek volleyball without a strong Iraklis is not the same...