World Championships 2010

• So, now what??? So many calculations here... We could play with Germany and Italy... or with Czech republic and Italy...

• before last round in first group friend of mine, who is Polish, said : ''Poland is world champion in winning the meaningless matches''

Quite true statement. But I could say the same about Bulgaria. Till yesterday :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I don't know your opinion, but at first I think this formula was prepared to help the italian squad gettin' to the semis (which is naturaly common, since Italians are hosters of the championship) But it helped other teams to select their oponents, just like USA and Russia did, by loosing to Czech Republic and Spain, this is to be shame of.
    That's not how competitions should be managed, this is a disgrace to volleyball. Today, we're playing against the Bulgarians and it shall be the most ridiculous game of this year, because both teams won't play their best in order to get 2nd place.

FIVB took all the credibility away with this "confusing-formula"

• Fortunately in women's WCH will be classic formula and results from 1st round will be important for 2nd round :)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Fortunately in women's WCH will be classic formula and results from 1st round will be important for 2nd round :)

That's not the problem with the scheme, the problem is that Italy has handicap by default - they as first in their third group will play wit second teams, not with first teams and this is valid only for their group. This is unequal scheme, the first one with so obvious inequality. The other problem is the distribution of the teams into the groups, but apart of these two problems, the main idea is not so bad - this way every game will be important if the scheme is regularized and no one needs to play to loose.

• About the game with Poland. I don't know if anybody noticed, but Kazyiski has 100% excellent reception - 9 of 9, and he has 8 digs along with Salparov and Zhekov, and all of his serves heavily influenced the game. He was at very high level in every aspect in that game :)

• About the game with Poland. I don't know if anybody noticed, but Kazyiski has 100% excellent reception - 9 of 9, and he has 8 digs along with Salparov and Zhekov, and all of his serves heavily influenced the game. He was at very high level in every aspect in that game :)

Bulgaria is lucky that they have a great player like Kaziyski.(Nikolov played also very well).On the other hand,Poland dont have a star player like Kaziyski.They had Wlazly once but now i cant believe in my eyes when Wlayzly plays.Kurek is a talented player but not enough for now.Gruska is a good&experienced player but he is old enough.Winiarski is a good player but he is also not in his best shape.To me, the only way for Poland to get better as a team is to have Wlazly back just like in the past days.( i used to like a lot watching Wlazely once).

• I would add Nikolov to the great players too.
    Poland suffers from its success in ECH 2009. The same like 2006/2007 - after the second place Poland played badly in ECH 2007, but got better in 2008 and great in 2009. I guess Polish NT can't sustain their motivation at the same level every year? ?(
    Did you see the Czech Republic - Cameroon game - 77% in attack for Czech! :what:

• Brazil and Giba said in interview that they though about resting some of the players for the game today, cause the game is useless, so would be a good oportunity to put other players in form and also to rest the first team. But the decision to go inside the match with first or second team going to be defined only in the time of the matchand wont change the fact that Brasil will go inside the match to win! Acording to Giba going inside a match to loose is out of question for them! No matter the player inside court they go for the victory! Giba words "We are going to honor the sport!"
    Giba- "I was really upset yesterday. This formula is unbelievable, but also is useless to be complaining; What we have to do is go inside the match and play for victory, as we always did and honor the sport. Who knows someday when I'll be up there and do something in Federation, I change that?" - joke Giba.

After this interview was likely that first they decided to rest someplayers, but today morning after leaving the gymm they decided to go with first team. Witch team will play actually, we will ahve to wait and see.

• Brazil and Giba said in interview that they though about resting some of the players for the game today, cause the game is useless, so would be a good oportunity to put other players in form and also to rest the first team. But the decision to go inside the match with first or second team going to be defined only in the time of the matchand wont change the fact that Brasil will go inside the match to win! Acording to Giba going inside a match to loose is out of question for them! No matter the player inside court they go for the victory! Giba words "We are going to honor the sport!"
    Giba- "I was really upset yesterday. This formula is unbelievable, but also is useless to be complaining; What we have to do is go inside the match and play for victory, as we always did and honor the sport. Who knows someday when I'll be up there and do something in Federation, I change that?" - joke Giba.

After this interview was likely that first they decided to rest someplayers, but today morning after leaving the gymm they decided to go with first team. Witch team will play actually, we will ahve to wait and see.

I hope Brazil will not be punished in next round because they play fair !

• Acc. to latest news Bulgaria will play without three main players. Is it still WCH or friendly tournament ?

Kazyiski needs rest, Nikolov and Zhekov are with small injuries. Bulgaria too will play for victory. We've been beaten too much from Brazil lately and no series can last forever. It ends tonight or if we get there - at the final.

• This absolutely shocking system which is created to make italians medalists predisposes for accounts and saving powers . So the probleme is not in the teams because early or late all teams must to make accounts . You must to thanks to FIVB for this ugly way to become a champion . Sorry for every one of the eliminated teams but for me they are not in the next phase because of their wants to play honestly at all costs something that is not compulsory . Yes these rules destroys the fairplay in the volleyball but you know that the medals are more important . I hope so that this WCH will be the last tournament with this idiotic rules .

• There's so much crazy stuff going on in this WC that it's easy to get confused. Brazilian media has been giving a fair coverage about the schemes, the combinations, the strategies of losing in purpose, but maybe it becomes easier to get lost in this madness. USA didn't lose on purpose to Czech Republic, this much it's pretty clear to anyone who watched that game. They nearly lost to Mexico and Cameroon. Obviously they are in trouble, and it's not the same team that became olympic champion 2 years ago. But since they're playing France and Italy in the next round, I don't know what to expect. I honestly think any of these 3 can reach the semifinals.

• Bruninho waked up today felling sick, a cold!!!!:( We have no reserve setter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theo might have to play if Bruninho dont fell confortable!That is crazy! Better to put the journalist Alexandre..hehehehehehehe

I hope Bruninho is not felling to much sick. Cause ok, today makes no difference....but next round is really important.

I think Murilo wont play today, we go with Giba, Sidão, Lucão, maybe João Paulo....not sure, we will see in fw minutes.

• yeap Theo as setter!

Bernaridnho said bruninho is fellign sick, so they will rest him, and the only option we have is Theo, cause he played as setter in beggining of his career.

With Theo playing as setter, then Vissoto will play

Theo -Vissoto
    Giba- Dante
    Rodrigão-Sidão

That is Brasil team today.

• What ana ungly game, it is hard for Theo already, Braisl game get totaly disconfigurated without a setter. But unfortunelty we can count with Marlon yet, and Bruno is sick. Brasil is having to play exclusivly with high balls, that is not our game, and the reception is sucking to help even more. :S

Not good, not good at all.

• Yeah sure :D Maybe the others are feeling sick too, cuz they are barely moving on the floor?
    So much for the big we "will play for honour" talk from Giba :thumbdown: