World Championships 2010

• Hey peoples are you stupid . Stop to put Bulgaria in the list of cheaters . Bulgaria today except to gave a chance to young players to feel the sense to play against the world champion . There is no reason to tire and eventually to injury our top players in this not very important match for both teams . But Bulgaria play and won the match . Brasil decide to make a circus to play so awfull against our young players . Every victory against Brasil is welcome for us because this year we lost from them five times . We don't have reason to lost from Brasil . Yes maybe the group with Germany and Czech Republic can be more comfortable for us but Cuba and Spain are also beatble opponents . If we have big ambitions we must to beat them .

• I just wanna say one last thing. The loss itself is understandable, I mean everyone wants to have easier opponents, even Brazil. I completely understand them, though being the best team in the World, they should set an example on and off the court. The thing that bothers me is how on Earth can Giba-the symbol and living legend of modern volleyball say he and his team mates will play for their and sports honour, knowing that a couple of hours later he will have to make himself a complete jackass doing the exact opposite?

i think they changed their minds after they know bulgaria would play with their reserve team

• I was really sorry to get to know that Giba and Bernardo saying these things after such a shameful game they brought to their supporters and the crowd. Brazil's sportsmanship (in volleyball) has often been questioned despite their achievements, and Giba and Bernardo's reaction showed what a class these people are.

Were Giba and Bernardo qualified to be mad? In the match it's obviously not a mere problem of missing their setters. Giba, well received as the world's best vb player in the past decade, countlessly spiked and served out and kept being blocked from the beginning. He's such a classy player in volleyball that it's shocking to see him insulting the crowd and himself like this. It's true that Rezende put more regular starters on court than their opponent, but at the same time, these players, Giba, Marlon and Visotto, contributed the most to such a show by making countless, almost impossible mistakes. At least, Bulgaria's second team didn't insult the crowd by intentionally making faults non-stop like them.

• My opinion...of course bulgaria also didnt play to WIN WIN, or they would go with first team, that is obvious, or at least with part of the team, going with second setter and second libero, to all do respect to them is asking to loose to Brasil, and pretend not. But they went to play fair, and the guys inside court try to do their best. Putting second team is a decision. Now to loose on porpose like Brasil did is really ugly.

but at the end both teams were wrong, No matter if who did more right or wrong...both teams didnt go to win. That is the truth.

• I agree with you all the teams are to blame partly because they should do their faiplay-duty, BUT the main reason for all this sh*t we see right now is FIVB in coöperation with Italian Federation. The formula of this WCH is a DISGRACE !!! (Sorry for capslock, but it's only the truth!). Hopefully this formula is once and never again!!! Shame on you FIVB and Italian Federation X( :down: :mad:

Thanks... It's easy to blame the teams and it is what FIVB and FIPAV wants to. It's kinda like when a girl wearing mini-skirt is rapped and she's the one to be blamed for wearing it...

• i think they changed their minds after they know bulgaria would play with their reserve team

I agree with you, that is the felling I'm having reading the things here in Brasil. Braisl was going to play for victory, and when they saw that Also Bulgaria was going inside a game with second team, they got angry and decided to let it go, and did what they did.

But, thugh I udnerstand it was a decision made with heat head. It was wrong decision. They shouldnt let other teams decisions to influence in theirs, they should go for victory no matter the others.

• I was really sorry to get to know that Giba and Bernardo saying these things after such a shameful game they brought to their supporters and the crowd. Brazil's sportsmanship (in volleyball) has often been questioned despite their achievements, and Giba and Bernardo's reaction showed what a class these people are.

Were Giba and Bernardo qualified to be mad? In the match it's obviously not a mere problem of missing their setters. Giba, well received as the world's best vb player in the past decade, countlessly spiked and served out and kept being blocked from the beginning. He's such a classy player in volleyball that it's shocking to see him insulting the crowd and himself like this. It's true that Rezende put more regular starters on court than their opponent, but at the same time, these players, Giba, Marlon and Visotto, contributed the most to such a show by making countless, almost impossible mistakes. At least, Bulgaria's second team didn't insult the crowd by intentionally making faults non-stop like them.

I'm sorry but that I ahve to disagree with you. Our biggest proud here, it is exacly the other, This male team, always showed big carater,a nd big values....and that is what made them so big in the World, and there is why Zorzi is someone that always compliment our boys. They were never questionable. On the contrary, they always showed a lot of respect to their adversaries, in all matches, and they were always ver correct.

Today unfortunetly they were not. But there is not somehting that offen happen. Would be unfair too now to put all the blame of the world in Brasil back. And judge them like the worse people in the World, cause they are not! IT is always eay to put all the blame over only on thing and one person or one team. But that is not fair too.

Braisl did a mistake indeed I agree, and that really disapoints me, specially cause is something we never expect for THEM to do, cause they always been so correct. And I see that happenning cause of a moment angry with what everyone is doing (and that is not excusing them, cause I dont think that is excuse, but happens, no one is perfect).

They did wrong, and I think they need to apologise, specailly with volleyball fans of the hole world. But I dont think is fair putting them as the only ungly chiken too.

• If FIVB really takes this as a lesson, they simply wouldn't have approved of this system in the beginning!!! In the past 15 years, fake games or games with non-sportsmanship had already been observed in '95 World Cup (women), '02 World Championship (women) and '04 Olympic Games. They're not completely retarded and obviously would know in advance that the system in this year's WCH would incur even more shameful games like what we have watched. Obviously, although they would still consider fair play as a factor, the most important factors for the governing body are likely to maintain good relationship with countries like Italy and Japan by offering them good treats, even if the icon of fair play would be stained. FIVB knows that these games are shameful and a pain to watch, but in the future similar competition formula would still exist IN DUE COURSE.

As far as I agree with you I am really happy with what Brazil, Russia, USA, Bulgary did... Just because those teams didn't play their best they are telling the world all the shame about this formula. If those teams had played their best and did any other thing to complain the formula, it wouldn't reach the press as it is right now. I just wonder what polish fans think about when they played at their best and now left the tournament because the formula allowed 3 great teams meet at this phase of the tournament. My big dream right now is to see Italy leaving the tournament, so go France and go USA.

I really hope FIVB had learned a lesson...

• Let me stress some points:
    1) The formula definitively proved to be bad, but it is also to blame the behavior of many teams, that (more or less) openly decided to take profit.... even at the cost of losing their face. No need to list them..
    2) CZE played very well, defeated BUL and USA, won poll L, and as a reward they got ... Brazil, that nicely put itself out of the (possible) death group -Pool Q. Yet no one of them is complaining about. 3 cheers for them, and for brave SPA :drink:
    3) The 3 'big teams' (BRA-CUB-RUS) managed to spread in 3 different pools, so all of them may be confident to reach at least the semifinals (yet by beating strong teams as BUL or SRB ... won't be easy) --> Maybe the 'real' tournament will start from the next round - no more calculations, eventually !! :wavy:

• Only Brazil could do something like this. They had enough COURAGE to split in all smart Italian people faces who have changed the formula of WCh. In next games they will play their own, great volleyball again, but tonight, it was the perfect time to show everyone what they thought about playing with such rules. They are the champions and really, who can think group Q is more difficult for them then group R???

The only one thing we can blame Brazilians for is their speeches before the game.

• Today unfortunetly they were not. But there is not somehting that offen happen. Would be unfair too now to put all the blame of the world in Brasil back. And judge them like the worse people in the World, cause they are not! IT is always eay to put all the blame over only on thing and one person or one team. But that is not fair too.

They did wrong, and I think they need to apologise, specailly with volleyball fans of the hole world. But I dont think is fair putting them as the only ungly chiken too.

You're right about that.

• QUOTE <<< They are the champions and really, who can think group Q is more difficult for them then group R??? >>>

BRA is no longer the dream-team who used to crush any opponent. Old heroes aging, newcomers not yet at the same level, the problem of the setter, and so on - I saw BRA in Verona: they went close to defeat against SPA, and they lost with CUB: I can assure they played at their best yet weren't able to stop Leon, Denis and co.
    To my opinion, they are not unhappy to the idea of skipping an early confrontation with CUB or RUS .... :wavy:

• I don't think what happened tonight can be summarized in some words, one sentence, a whole article or anything of the kind! No matter how many use[less/ful] posts you're gonna present here till tomorrow morning, the pure truth is that this is how the Italians wanted THEIR HOME WCH to look like and how they're gonna be remembered! I don't think that even the greatest final could wash away the theatre performances we saw these last days.. There's no point right now discussing the formula, I personally got involved in the first WCH 2010 formula discussions here in this forum months before the tournament started and I clearly said that I'm afraid this would happen! (check back and see!) Everyone knew more or less that something like this would happen, so they could modify their tactics/game attitude towards it! Full stop! Unfair - yes, pathetic - yes, cowardly - yes, but a champion shouldn't interfere in intrigues like this!

Now what I wanted to say to you is that the pure winning of games doesn't make you a champion! I went this summer in Varna with the intention for the first time in my life to watch live a great team - Brazil.. I saw great volleyball, I saw leadership, and finally I saw Brazil being a little better than my Bulgaria .. now, some months later, all I want to say to my fellow Bulgarian friends here, and even to the ones from Brazil - I DON'T WANT OUR NATIONAL TEAM TO BE LIKE YOURS! I want my Bulgaria to play with the balls they had tonight, fearing no opponent, even if we never win anything in our entire international volleyball history! Yes, we also would've preferred to lose this game, but hey wait, we didn't serve in the f*cking net and made up some f*cking I-feel-bad-today excuses to go there and embarass our country! Yes, we used back-ups, but tonight our second team was one whole class better than your first team! And, please, don't say that it was because of the missing setter, I've seen Zhekov set worse than Theo tonight!

Sorry for the long post, to finish, yesterday I didn't comment our win against Poland even though I was extremely happy about it! Even Poland showed Brazil what dignity is by winning all 3 games in the preliminaries and facing the group of death, and I am sorry that the Poles were eliminated instead of Brazil! Poland never made any calculations during this WCH, neither did Cuba, Spain and some others.. I would add here even Bulgaria despite the controversy of the statement.. (we rested 4 regular starters, but we still played, right?!) I consider these teams and their behaviour as true champions, no matter whether they're going home or not! So, Brazil, take your title, but I saw my NT as a greater champion tonight than yours!

PS. a statement made partially as a disappointed fan of BG NT, partially as a disappointed addicted vb fan!

• You're right about that.

Of course, we shouldn't put all the blame to Brazilian NT, I am disappointed by the lack of respect and dignity they should've demonstrated for a team with their ambitions! Towards the crowd and themselves!

• I just don't get you bulgarians telling your team didn't play to lose and played with bench players just to preserve the starting players and giving chance to others. That's as lame as seeing Brazil losing that way. If you're about to say Brazil and other NT didn't show respect to fans then be brave enough to realize your Bulgarian NT did the same.
    Bulgary just won this game because Brazil never intended to win. Just because Bulgary won it doesn't make them the Brave Spirit of the Volleyball award winners. Bulgary didn't care for this game and the fact they won was just because Brazil never even tried to win. Had Brazil played with their full squad I doubt Bulgary would change their players and Prandi would stand up and show he was actually caring.

It was a shame watching Brazil and other NTs and YES Bulgary is one of them as well.

• I'm brazilian, and I'm very disappointed about what happened today. I think everyone in here pretty much said it all.

While I don't think Brazil was trying to avoid playing with Cuba, like Nikolov and other people said, I think what they did is not justifiable. While doing that, we became hypocrits, we lost all rights to criticize Russia, and Italy, and the formula. We became the same as them. That's it.

I really think it doesn't matter what happens from now on in this championship, it's not possible to repair the moral damage. It doesn't matter anymore who wins and who loses, this tournament is screwed up for good. I think there's only sorrow left, words won't make no good anymore.

• Is that so, vblover? Yeah, what about our previous encounters when Brazil lost? Did they intended to win back then or was it again some lazy-and-relaxing mood in action? :roll: And what happened when Cuba beated you earlier in the tournament? Making some calculations once again? You could make same excuses after every single loss and it's not gonna make you look somewhat innocent. :wavy:

P.S. What does Bulgary mean? Maybe that's how you answer to your own crowd's booings? :D

• bravo brazil :rose: .bravo rezende :rose: you are the real champions, in my opinion fivb must give them the cup today before tomorow for all their big talents :down: :down: :down: .
    note:theo as setter can do many good things :box: :box: :box: .
    rezende should now give the chance for rodrigao to play as libero. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: