World League 2010

• russia missed A LOT khey, biryukov and krasikov are not top players as him , if he has played the the game would be different for sure, but brazil lost vissoto then it is draw, but theo was great.

what makes difference is that brazil has winner spirit, although havent played a wonderfull match in teh decisive moments they keep concentrate and do all need, marlon can be in a better phase than bruno but i still i donn like him, he has ANY abitily with middle blockers.

russia played a good match, but not enough to be champion, mikhaylov was very nice , but i think when banoli take him out he lost a bit of confidence, muserky i WONDERFUL, volkov played ? :down: berezekho and grankin not much good ...

congrats brazil, now teh biggrst champions, well deserved

• Brazil won its 9th title of the World League. In the middle of the 1st set, Bagnoli decided to replace Biryukov by Poltavsky. The Russian team had only two receivers on court and that was the when Murilo's serves exploited Russia's flaws in reception and helped Brazil to take a 5-point lead and eventually win the 1st set . I strongly believe that if Russia had won the 1st set, the story of the match could be different.

Just for the sake of curiosity: In 2002 Brazil lost the WL title to Russia 3-1 and eventually won the WCH in the tie-breaker. In 2006, it was Brazil's team turn to win the WGP final match 3-1 and lose the WCH final match in the tie-breaker. Now Brazil's team has beaten Russia in four sets. I will not be surprised if Russia beats Brazil in 5 sets in the final match of the WCH in november.

• So - Brazil again. I wanted them to beat Russia, but on the other hand, Brazilian victories start to be a little bit boring ;)
    However, congratulations to Brazil and Serbia on beating Cuba in 3rd place match.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• In 6th and 7th August Puerto Rico will play at home against Portugal to get Ticket to 2nd round in Qualif to World League 2011. I can't find any infos about 2nd Pair. Maybe someone know.

• I found that in second pair will be Japan and games will be from 17 to 18 August in Nagano. But who will be second Team. I think representation from Africa. Who is best Teams after Egypt?

• My predictions was very good. Tunisia is second in pair with Japan. The Winner from two pairs with best points will play against Korea, Second Winner with China.

• If someone think that Japan easy beat Tunisia is wrong. In last meet in World Cup 2003 Tunisia beat Japan -23, -22, 22, 21, 10. In this tournament Tunisia France 23, 23, -18, -21, -16. Tunisia China -17, 24, -25, -29. I'm curious what form now present these Team.

• I agree with Konrad, it's a bit boring to see the same winner over and over again :) Congrats, Brazil, for the historic victory, again great final! It was really the best possible moment ever to play against Brazil in a final, they were beatable! Unfortunately, there are some teams with huge problems playing in a final, no matter against whom! Russia is for sure one of them, almost no sign tonight of the monstrous blocking abilities. Yeah, I agree Berezhko was not playing at 100%, Khtey was missed a lot, but Brazil was definitely having the same, if not bigger, amount ot problems! And yet, you again saw the difference between a very good and a great team - the mentality of a champion. I am pretty sure that even if Khtey and Berezhko were healthy for last night's game, the score would be the same! Everyone was mentioning the problems of Brazil before the final, the unconvincing way of playing, but you all saw that such problems won't matter much when the big game comes. Last night Brazil was not the machine that demolished Poland 3-0 in the WCH 2006 final, for example, they looked differently and definitely have much work to do to regain the consistency of that team, but if we pretend I didn't know that, I wouldn't understand that they were having serious squad problems - Theo and Mario looked like players who have played for years in this team. I think Brazil didn't win because they were playing much stronger, but because for once more they played like champions when they had to! This is something to be remembered even when talking about squad problems and expecting great upsets!

PS. Congrats to Serbia for the bronze medals! I expected them to lose, but they surprised me! Cubans again proved that maybe their youth is not always helping them and even preventing them sometimes from achieving something bigger. I hope that the slavic nations (you know what and which I mean) suffering from the syndrome of important games will finally overcome it! It's high time!

• I understand why people may find boring that Brazil wins again. But I think we should take a moment and realize what an amazing accomplishment this guys have achieved. Yet again they overcame themselves, even if they weren't playing as good as we expected them to. But that's really hard work, that's the key. You won't be able to beat these guys just putting a bunch of strong guys against them. And I'm not saying that's what Russia is - I actually think Bagnoli is doing a fine job with those guys. But you'll need an extra special against Brazil, even when you consider this team as underwhelming.

Back to the ground: I do think we need to improve a lot for the WC, and add some important players missing from this group. I just hope that this title doesn't make it harder to lose people from this bunch. Specially in the setter position, I think it's pretty obvious that Marlon is ahead of Bruno, but he's not that great himself. On the other hand, Théo, who was totally the underdog, had a fantastic presence in the last two games. Unfortunately, I don't think that's enough for him to make the cut. Anyways, tough decisions ahead...

• I totaly agree with you Yavor!

WEll, to start, I dont think boring at all if Brasil keep winning :P :lol:

But Like you said, is clear that Brasil had already better quality presentation in other tournaments than in this one, but I guess that is normal, it is impossible to keep same level always, specially when you are trying new players, when you are dealing with youngers like Bruno setting and so on, the instability is part of that.

Brasil is not unbeatten and never was.....and you can all make a discussion of witch players Bernardinho should take, some agree, some you dont, but at the end, Bernardinho still keep to make them win so far. And I think the biggest reason for that, is not only the mentality of champion as Yavor said, but also that we have a very strong group, and that is not cause of luck, but cause of a lot of work! All teams have problems....loose some important players in decidive moments, in decisive matches, but Brazil has the capacity to replace these pieces and not loose much in their game.......and that is not luck.....is a work made between 14 players.....during the hole league, specially in the beggining, Bernardinho put all to play, and that ended making difference in the final games...Sidão, Marlon, Theo,....

I think that much more than excelent players, we have a incredible coach, that has his fauls as everyone else of course, but that has a capacity to creat an enviroment of group between his players, and to know every human piece from the group, and knows how to move with them, not only tecnicly but also psicologicly.

• Brasilian players coments:

Rodrigão: "Even after so many time, the joy of conquering a title never diminiss. Each competition has its history,its dificulties and, when we put the gold medal in the chest, we see that all obstaces that we faced it was worth it. I'm really hapy." "Of course The World Championship is our main goal in 2010. We have a group of excelent quality, but we know that in Italy things will be much harder and we will have to make a very strong preparation to fight for the championship for the third time."

Murilo: "Each title has a different flavor. This was one of the hardest ones, for the dificulties we had and we were able to overcome. This shows how is importante the strengh of the group." "We made some ugly games. A lot was being said. The preassure was huge, but now we confirmed that this shirt is champion." (hitting proundly in the chest)

Dante: "I reterned winning again. But this one had a different felling. This group was sensational. After we won the first two matches by 3x2, and recieved many criticism from many people, including, coaches from other NT. It was hard for us. But at the same time, gave us will to search for the title. We saw now who can win and who can lose." "We always want more. Next year has more World League, its the time of the10th time." About the game - "It was a great game. We knew what we would find, cause is a group with huge potencial. But we could take advantage from their mistakes and stay with the victory. the group deserve congratulations."

Théo: "I had to play cause an unfortunate situation of Leandro, that got injuried, but the team started today decided to win the gold. And that helped us in the most complicated situations during the game. I'm really happy."

Vissotto: "The victory could erase the frustrantion of not being able to play. In our profession it is indeed like that. The important was that Théo played well and helped the team to win this title."

• Congratulations for Brazil :flower: :cup: The performances by Brazil's Mens Team in last ten years are incredible, unique, great, etc... Best generation ever in Men's Volleybal coached by the greatest coach ever !!!

There's no need to spend more words ...they are simply the best ever !!!!

• I hope that the slavic nations (you know what and which I mean) suffering from the syndrome of important games will finally overcome it! It's high time!

I don't know about Slavic nations, but the Bulgarian nation will play some finals in this Olympic cycle if the fortune is not against us and I hope that we will finally win a title, something which we should have done back in 2006, when we were "one of the strongest, if not the strongest team in the world" as Bernardo Resende said then. It is time for East Europe to strike back. Poland fired the first arrow inn 2009 ECH, next time should be our turn :)

• Starting from 2012 there will probably be changes in format of World league.This is one of the formats that is most likely to be introduced:

WL will last 5 weeks and there will be Final 8. There will be 4 groups with 4 teams each, and 4 tournaments will be played(one in each country) with round robin system.That is 4 weeks and the 5th week from saturday till sunday there will be Final eight.
    Brasil's proposal is that one of the groups should be called Super group( in this group would play the semifinalists of previous edition of WL)and from this group 3 teams would advance to Final 8. The winners of other 3 groups would also advance to Final 8. One participant would get wild card for Final 8 and the host would also participate.
    The reason for these changes is lack of termins for playing matches, long traveling and reduced interest for this competition in some countries.

• 4 Tournaments with Team play against every Team is good idea, but Super Group of course no. F.ex Brazil, Russia, Serbia, Cuba this year. Next Cuba is 4 in group and so? 13-16 position in Ranking? And Egypt higher?

• Promice acomplished. So player from Brasil made a promice to fall into the hotel pool at night if they won the title in Argentina...so yesterday they acomplished their promice.....with a cold of 3ºC at night...Bruninho, Lucão, Murilo, Théo and Sidão jump inside the cold water to celebrate.

There is a pic, and Bruninho said in his twitter that later he will put a video of it.

http://img269.imageshack.us/f/wl2010piscina02.jpg/

• Does anyone know if Brazil will have the same team for the world championships in Italy? Where is Samuel Fuchs? I know he had surgery and he didn't play most of the last season, but he is fit to play now. is he ever going to join the team again?

I have also heard that a lot of opposite players were tried from Brazil, does it mean that Theo is the best of them? I like Theo actually - he has a good block and clever attacking, although he can be limited in his cross court attacking. I think Brazil need to in vest in another outside player. The other positions seem fine to me.

Any ideas?

• I think the work will pretty much keep with this players, maybe one or other player can appear, as the middle Eder, that was injuried, but no much difference. I know that André Anscimento were trainning also with NT for a while, so maybe he can appear back, but not likely, maybe if things had gone completely wrong with Théo, I think would be more easy to see other faces, but since Théo do it fine under preassure, I think he may recieve more chances.

About SAmuel, he is still not is his best shape, like you said, he sufer a serious injury, and last season he had few opportunities where he could play. What everyone is waiting here, is to see if he can manage to come back in his shape next season. If he do, I'm sure he can be a name to be remember in Bernardinho list. But for the World championship, I think the team will be pretty much this one.

• Complementing what Joana said, there's also the possibility that Ricardo may come back. I think this would be a really good idea, not only 'cause he's awesome, but because both our setters are "not at their best", let's put it that way. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll join the team, but there's always that chance.

I think there's other people training too, like João Paulo Bravo. I remember I read an interview of his a while ago when he was called to NT and he said he hoped to go to WC, but that's obviously not happening.

Also, other strong possibility is that we get another libero, since Escadinha most likely won't recover 'til september, and Maurício (our libero n° 2 in WL) is not really a libero. I think the biggest chance for that spot goes to Alan, who was our second libero a while ago, before Mário was called, and who's actually a really good libero (better than Mário, if you ask me), but he was also injured during last season. I think he's recovered now.

The rest of the group is all set.

• I would call Raphael de Oliveira, he is better than Ricardo currently. I would also try to replace the libero, although he played good at the final round, he is breakable by consistent strong serving and this can be used by the opponent for direct points in important moments.