World Grand Prix 2010

• does that mean that if japan beats usa in 3-0 or 3-1 japan can get the bronze medal then?.....anyone plz?...... ?(

• does that mean that if japan beats usa in 3-0 or 3-1 japan can get the bronze medal then?.....anyone plz?...... ?(

if brazil beats china 3x0

brazil 8 + 3 = 11
    china 6 + 0 = 6

if japan beats usa 3x0

japan 4 + 3 = 7
    usa 10 + 0 = 10

if poland beats italy 3x0

poland 4 + 3 = 7
    italy 4 + 0 = 4

then

Brazil (11) = gold
    USA (10) = silver
    Japan (7) = bronze (3-2)

Poland (7) = 4th (2-3)
    China (6) = 5th
    Italy (4) = 6th

of course there are lots of possibilities how this would turn out today, so good luck to each team.... :P

But if the fans want Japan to get a medal, like myself, Brazil must beat China in 3-0/3-1 and Japan must beat USA in 3-0/3-1 to get the bronze. But in that case, USA will get just a silver which I don't want to happen. I am torn between Japan and USA right now, worst is that they will fight each other today like watching two Gladiators who were best friends fight to death. ;(

• thanx nickilo....well lets hope for the best to the japanese team...but indeed it was really the most complicating finals in the grand prix for me....all teams have all the chances in the finals...after this finals im looking forward for the world championships....

• Congratulations USA! Finally! A crown from a major tournament! :dance6:

3rd FIVB WGP crown! Hope their impressive play will continue till World Championships

Best bet for MVP - Foluke Akinradewo :thumbup:

Really happy with Tom and Berg's performance but happier with the way the young players responded with the pressure!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Congratulations to the American team ..

This team has a great future.. The work of bringing young players (Glass, Hooker, Akinradewo, Barboza and Hodge) with players with enough experience (Sykora,Bown, Tamas, Davis, Logan Tom) is the key to success ..

• POL 1-2 ITA, but the 4th set, Pol is leading 12-5, it must be another 5-set game!
    If it is, China will be the bronze medal owner while Japan is again the last.

• Oh my god... What happened? After 12-5, Poland only got 5 points but Ita got 19!
    It seems Ita will be the 3rd place now.

• :lol: GRANDE ITALIA ! From 5-12 to 25-17 in the 4th set !!! and now, let's wait 4 the result of CHI-BRA ... :thumbsup:

• Polish Team lost again.. They were very tired.. They always are very tired.. In WCH They will be very tired too.. because always They are very tired.. only They have very hard training.. no Other Team.. and in next World Grand Prix like in the past, now and future They will be tired. Get away this Wild Card from Poland for next year because They will be very tired..

• Thank You Anna Baranska :-) You are great Player. Your voice about Coach is very true. She said that Coach creates in Team Spirit like in Necropoly and He don't gives chances to play Others.

• Congratulations for USA!!!!They definetly deserved this! PLayed the most consistence, and I can say most beautiful volley in this GRand Prix. And how cool the girls didnt give up the balls, and fight till the end of the game today, even thought they knew that two sets were enought....they still ran after all balls in third set, that shows a lot of caracter, and a lot of good energy and spirit...tells a lot from a group in my opinion.

For second game, I~m sorry Polish friends...but I ahve to say I`m really happy for Italy!!!:) I`m happy they could end the tournament like this cause they were needing, they were felling really down for the way they performed in last matches...it was good to see them smiling again, and playing more patient and peaceful. Rondon did great...I think Barbolini won a player....of course Rondon is not better then Lo Bianco though maybe right now he could have used more her, since leo is not in her best shape), but is important for the italian team to know they can count on her. MErlo did great again, I hope she can win the best libero award, but since she is fighting this award with a chinese player, and the games are in China, it will be hard for her, if you know what I mean...:S I just wished Barbolini had used more Arrighetti she was doing so great, I though she could help the team more....(by the way, I know is hard to judge now, cause it was only one match, and in conditions like it was, but maybe Gioli as an opposite, not a good idea..hehehehe)

Now I`m cheering for Brasl to win 3x0 or 3x1, so Italy can end third :)

• I agree to Omer's sentence, and I would say thanks to all the 6 teams for producing good-quality (sometimes, top-quality) volleyball. No doubt USA well deserve the trophy (+ the MVP title to Akinradewo), yet they did not 'kill' the game: remember, the went very close to being defeated by POL...
    For sure, USA and BRA would be the front-runner in november for WC, but any of the other 4 teams (+RUS) still has real chances to improve and , perhaps, make the big surprise coming from behind (as Italy did in WC 2002). Only time will tell... CIAO! :wavy:

• I miss Hui so much :rose: Hope she will recover herself fastly.Also i wish to see Feng,Na Zhang and Zhou again in China NT but its really hard now.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• awarding ceremonies? anyone?

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I'd say Thankyou very much for all the players ;) They must be really tired now. and I'm a bit sad about the fact, Italy is at the 4th...but It's alright :win: