World Grand Prix 2010

• Participants of 12

China - Host of Final Round (Ningbo City, China)
    Japan - Preliminary Important Sponsor
    Poland - Wild Card Holder
    Brasil - Champion of Pan American Cup
    Dominican Republic - Vice Champion of Pan American Cup
    Puerto Rico - 3rd place of Pan American Cup
    United States of America - 4th place of Pan American Cup
    Thailand - Champion of Asian Sr Championships
    * Korea * - 4th place of Asian Sr Championships (withdraws, TPE replaces)
    Italy - Final 4 of European Sr Championships
    Netherlands - Final 4 of European Sr Championships
    Germany - Final 4 of European Sr Championships

* Chinese Taipei * replaces Korea to complete this edition

POOLS (Announced on 19th of Nov. 2009)

Week 1 – 08.06-09

Group A (San Carlos, Brazil): Brazil, Italy, Japan, Chinese Taipei
    Group B (Gdynia, Poland): Dominican Republic, Germany, Poland, United States
    Group C (Chengdu, China): China, Netherlands, Puerto Rico, Thailand

Week 2 – 08.13-15

Group D (Bangkok, Thailand): Italy, Puerto Rico, Thailand, United States
    Group E (Macau, China): Brazil, China, Dominican Republic, Netherlands
    Group F (Okayama, Japan): Germany, Japan, Chinese Taipei, Poland

Week 3 – 08.20-22

Group G (Hong Kong, China): China, Germany, Thailand, United States
    Group H (Taipei, Chinese Taipei): Brazil, Chinese Taipei, Poland, Puerto Rico
    Group I (Tokyo, Japan): Dominican Republic, Italy, Japan, Netherlands

Final Round – 08.25-29 (Ningbo, China)

China plus the top five ranked teams after the preliminary round will qualify

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

Edited once, last by pappi ().

• and without Cuba again :white: ;(

ok Poland has probably the easiest way to f6 from all teams, only pool in Poland is really strong. thank god we don't have Holland this time :sos: :lol:
    and i'm actually very surprice by Japan's pools-they are very very strong and since they won't host F6 i was expecting some easy opponents for Japan
    Pool B E and I seems to be "death pool"

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• This time Japan has little chance to qualify to the final round....what a pity... ;(

vs Bra (1) no chance to win
    vs Ita (2) no chance...
    vs Dom (1) 40% chance...
    vs Ned (1) 50% chance...
    vs Pol (1) 40% chance...
    vs Ger (1) 30% chance...
    vs Kor (2) 100% chance...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

Edited once, last by pappi ().

• I'm so happy Italy si coming to Brazil!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :dance6: :heart:

Hey Pappi..you wrote that is going to be in Rio here in Brasil..when you got this info?..Would be even more perfect being in Rio!!!hehehehehe :cheesy: Hope is true!

• Germany has soooo easy pools this time, we MUST qualify for final round again!!!

You're right. I wouldn't call them soooo easy, but this pools are quite good for the German girls.

I would be great to have a WGP tournament in Germany, but there is one in Poland only. That's a little bit too far away from Austria :(
    Hopefully we all get a better TV coverage next year! But i doubt it...

• Well I think it is a good sign that Eurosport showed WGCC, so I am hoping that there'll be more stuff next summer again...

Yes, hopefully. I wrote them an e-mail before the start of the WGP 2009. Eurosport wrote me, there were not enough viewers, so they cancel on volleyball coverage. But i ask you all: Who is really interested in bowls, arm wrestling and snooker all the time. :pinch:
    C'mon show some volleyball!!!

But as you said, it's a good sign they showed the WGCC

• pff, Poland is the only country which opens world grandprix 2010 in Europe. what a shame :P
    Brazil,China,Japan,Korea..they're extremely far away to go to visit so far. this is also a shame.

• I think the Grand Prix should have the same formula as the World League..is much better!!Alowd more teams to participate, as they play all over, is better to take volleyball to many parts of the World...

• I think the Grand Prix should have the same formula as the World League..is much better!!Alowd more teams to participate, as they play all over, is better to take volleyball to many parts of the World...

Agree.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• [size=10]Group H (Korea): Brazil, Korea, Poland, Puerto Rico

In which city of Korea? I hope i will have chance to go...

• Do you know anything about World Grand Prix 2011? Which teams will play
    in 2011 WGP? Will be qualification?

And joanamss ıt is great ıdea :drink:

there will be definitly qulification for next year WGP. i think Japan Poland and China will participate without qulification (poland got Wild Card till 2012)

• Just for the sake of curiosity, Pool A matches will not be held in Rio de Janeiro anymore, but in São Paulo.
    It will be even nicer!

Hope São Paulo could host the Final Round of the WGP soon!

[b]Group D (Bangkok, Thailand): Italy, Puerto Rico, Thailand, United States

pool D changed to be hosted in the city Taipei, Chinese Taipei already.

i will probably go to Taipei for italy, and give up pool E in macau, china.

pool A in brazil will have italy! good for you Joana! i am jealous...hehe..

so sad that ITA & POL won't come to Hong Kong or Macau this year, and i need to fly :super: to other places to see them.

[/b]

• Chinese Taipei joins FIVB World Grand Prix 2010 list of participants
    The FIVB has announced that Chinese Taipei will replace Korea in the FIVB World Grand Prix 2010, which takes place from August 6-29, after the Korea Volleyball Association (KVA) withdraw its national women’s team due to local economic problems.

The move also means that the scheduled Pool H matches due to take place in Korea from August 20-22 will now take place in Taipei City, Chinese Taipei with Bangkok, Thailand taking over from Taipei City as the host city for Pool D in the second round.

“The FIVB acknowledges the circumstances facing the KVA and we are grateful that Chinese Taipei can step in to fill the vacancy at such short notice,” World Grand Prix Council President Mr. Masao Tachiki said. “However, we are also pleased with the fact that the KVA have already set their sights on the 2011 World Grand Prix and are determined to be hosts of one of the pools once again.”

Chinese Taipei last competed in the FIVB World Grand Prix in 2007 when they finished 12th.

Meanwhile, the preparations for the FIVB World Grand Prix 2010 Final Round, due to be held in Ningbo, China from August 25-29 are on track with venue preparations and promotional plans all ahead of schedule.

“We are very happy with the progress shown by the Chinese Volleyball Federation with regards to the preparations for the FIVB World Grand Prix 2010 Final Round,” FIVB Vice-Director Volleyball Events Ms. Gabrielle Van Zwieten said. “We are looking forward to returning to Ningbo for what promises to be a memorable occasion after a very successful FIVB World Grand Prix Final Round at the same venue two years ago and what will also be the last international action for many of these teams before the FIVB Women’s World Championship in October.”

The FIVB World Grand Prix is an annual international Volleyball competition involving the world's best women’s players. Twelve national teams play a total of 69 matches over four consecutive weekends in 10 cities.
    FIVB

• Ahh Chinese Taipei offcourse - and if they withdraw the next one will be Kazakhstan probably... such a strong teams :lol:

Why not some European team... The treatment of Asian teams by FIVB is ridicolous.

• Ahh Chinese Taipei offcourse - and if they withdraw the next one will be Kazakhstan probably... such a strong teams :lol:

Why not some European team... The treatment of Asian teams by FIVB is ridicolous.

well Europe has 4 place in WGP and i think 5 teams would be unfair even though probably half of European teams would play better than Tajpei. it's a worldwide tournament not european championship. i think one more place should be given to South America or North America-teams from that region provide high level and are definitly stronger that Chinese Taipei

but from Polish perspective it's good that this team will play. they are definitly weaker opponent than Korea which we were supposed to face twice now we will play aginst Taipei twice so we might have to wins :)