World Grand Prix 2010

• MVP: Akinradewo (EUA)
    Best Scorers: Saori (Japão)
    Best Servers: Wang (China)
    Best Spikers : Jaqueline (Brasil)
    BEst blockers: Akinradewo (EUA)
    Best setters: Glass (EUA)
    Best líbero: Zhang (China)

• You can cheer up, Italy claimed the bronze medal ;)

OMG,true :cheesy: che Grande! Tanti Auguri, ragazze !!!!
    but, somehow It's funny that 3 Teams won only 2 games, and one of them(ITALY) gets the Bronze :lol: but yay, Congratulations, Italy.

• How come players with better stats are unranked in some of the best players statistics?

ex: Most of the MB did an outstanding job in the best spikers (naturally) and only Gioli and Ma are there, and Fabiana and Akinradewo have much better %.

• How come players with better stats are unranked in some of the best players statistics?

ex: Most of the MB did an outstanding job in the best spikers (naturally) and only Gioli and Ma are there, and Fabiana and Akinradewo have much better %.

There's a quota for attempts in the hitting (15%) and reception (25%) skills. Below the number of the required attempts, the players are not ranked in that skill.

Akinradewo did not have 15% of the total attacks of the whole US team so she is not ranked by FIVB.

• Lo Bianco didnt participate the Award cerimony!!!!!!!! :S Amyone knows why? She also was not in press conference....... hope it not big deal reason!!!!But I actually cant imagine a reason why she was not there.... :(

• congrats to italy :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: they deserve the title. but if we see the dificulties that they have shown 3rd place is very goooooooood :lol: :lol: .

ortolani was the best in this tournement :super: :super: and i think we needed her very much especially in the dificult moments :box: :box: .bosetti is very young but has the talent and themain experience to play in the starting six as well as del core :teach: .i have a question about piccinini who wasn't in good shape in the final round :sos: :sos: .

qualifying tournement in cagliari will be an idea to the clear level of the "azzure" about what they can do in the world champs next november

• I think I missed a lot after four days of work. But I tried hard to watch all the replays of the games and this WGP I can say was characterized by a lot of ups and downs from all the teams that showed the best and the worst in them. The injuries to the Brazilian OHs, Fabiola starting over Dani Lins, Jacqueline showing her best form so far has been the bright spots for the Brazil. The bad side is that their reception was weak, their transition game was gone, and their offense focused on their OH and OPP which made their game predictable.

The US team, well, what can I say. Hugh did a great job. Their blocking scheme was good, It's really nice to watch how two or three of their front court players will turn, bend, swing, and jump at the same time to put up a solid block all at the same time. I think they adopted the swing block (I don't know if that's the right term) from Men's volleyball and used it effectively. I would love to see Foluke play as a pro because I think she still can improve her game but that would be a scary thought for the other teams if she will still improve. Glass and Destinee showed us good performances. I just can't understand why Larson is starting over Hodge. I just hope that Megan will have a good season in Italy so she can make her case with Hugh.

Japan showed how a fantastic setter can impact a game. I think that most people are attributing Japan's performance at Kimura, Inoue, and Ebata, but without Takeshita, Japan will not be able to beat Brazil and Italy. For the past years, I just couldn't believe how Takeshita won as MVP during the 2006 WC but her performance through the years made me realize that a mark of an MVP is not just shown by the stats but by the way a person impacts the team performance and team chemistry.

Italy was inconsistent this WGP but I won't count them out for a deep run in the WC because Italy when focused and fit can be the best team in the world. If Agguero or Costagrande will join the team then Italy will be scary.

The Polish players on the other hand can be good individually but I think that they are a bit lacking in team work and chemistry. Lena where art thou? :)

Sorry for the long post.

• Lo Bianco didnt participate the Award cerimony!!!!!!!! :S Amyone knows why? She also was not in press conference....... hope it not big deal reason!!!!But I actually cant imagine a reason why she was not there.... :(

Yeah, I would also be really glad if someone could explain the reason behind her absence. I just hope that everything is OK.

• Yeah, I would also be really glad if someone could explain the reason behind her absence. I just hope that everything is OK.

I read she felt pain her back..an old problem she carries with her. Aparently it is nothing to serious, but for precaution Italian staff decided to let her resting in teh hotel with the team physioterapy. Barbolini in press conference said Leo left after first set cause she was felling a bit sick also. I hope is nothing serious, and she can be well soon enought

• Hehehe your post is just like most of mine - I always have lots to say about volleyball - I just love it!!! Agree with everything you said btw - but to add - For Italy - Ortolani stepped up as an ATTACKING force, bu the main stable influence behind Italy was Del Core, who was the best receiver in the league. Unfortunately they then had so many rotations when they had her as the only outside hitter, when the others - Barcellini (who needs to go out of this team!), Bosetti (keeps getting better, but needs to learn quick attack being so short), and Picinnini - they were all inconsistent.

• I agree with you, Gael. Brazil's team needs to improve in reception. That's for sure. Especially if both Paula and Mari could not recover in time to play the WCH. Even with so many problems, we were able to fight for the victory in every match til the last point. In spite of all the problems Brazil's team had this WGP, we were able to have hopes of winning all the matches of the final round. Both against Japan and USA the match was tied 13-13 in the tie-breaker, which brings us hope for the coming tournaments.

I believe Fabiola can be considered Brazil's new setter. She hasn't played the in the 2009 season for Brazil's NT and besides the WGP, the only matches Brazil's team played this year were friendly matches against Japan's B-team and Germany. Considering her performance in the WGP, I believe she will improve a lot for the WGP as she gets used to play high-level international matches and as she and Brazil's attackers get used to one another.

Brazil and USA will still play 4 friendly matches in order to prepare for the WCH. I hope Mari and Paula could be at the top of their forms for the WCH. If that doesn't turn out to be so, then Sassá and Natália will alternate in the OH position.

• i'd like to make my personal analysis about this WGP... 8)

USA:nothing to say..everything was perfect:A.Glass played as she was in the team since ever,using really much MBs,in particular Akinradewo that was stunning!!!!i personally liked Hooker cause she has all the potential to become a true star and i think that Haneef will not be in the starting six in the WC..Larson is a good player but i would have liked to see Hodge in the starting six...Tom,Bown and Sykora don't need words :rose: :rose:

Brazil:i saw the best ever Jaqueline!!!!!!!i love her and in this final six she showed all her talent..Sheilla was also good and Natalia never stops to surprise me..GOod job for Fabiana,Thaisa and Fabi..Dani Lins wasn't as i expected:to me,she's really talented but she needs time and international matches to improve and learn..

Italy:what to say?my team didn't deserve to be third..only Del Core and Ortolani played as they can,the other ones totally bad:Lo Bianco looked like a disaster,also Piccinini;Gioli and Barazza were inconsistent...on the bench there are good player as Bosetti and Arrighetti that didn't help us..good job for the young libero Merlo,that desevred personal award as best libero..

China:i didn't see this team always but Wang was fenomenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i love also Xue Ming...i can say more cause i didn't watch lots of chinese matches unlucky... ;(

Japan:Takeshita is the mind,what's let this team go on..they have to thank her because,without her,they didn't do so many good performances..i liked also Sano,Kimura and Ebata..

Poland:i dont understand why Skowronska was on the bench..hoever..good Baranska and the new arrived Kosek..

• OK read it somewhere that Akinradewo is playing in Japan next season. 8o

Congrats to all the awardees! USA, Brazil and Italy. Too bad one of these 3 teams will not be in the final 4 in WC.

Wow! Akinradewo as MVP, Best Blocker and Alisha Glass as Best Setter. Congrats girls!

Congrats to the American team. 1st crown since 2001, that's sweet. I hope the team will improve more... reception! :lol:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Polish Team lost again.. They were very tired.. They always are very tired.. In WCH They will be very tired too.. because always They are very tired.. only They have very hard training.. no Other Team.. and in next World Grand Prix like in the past, now and future They will be tired. Get away this Wild Card from Poland for next year because They will be very tired..

Hehe... Sometimes I don't agree with you, but this time you are definitely right - I hate when I hear that Polish players are tired :mad: And Italian weren't? :roll:
    I was really glad with victory over Japan in perspective of JAP-POL game in WCH. But then this match against Italy... If Poles had won, they would have finished as a third team. And they finished as last ones (4 points as Japan, but Japaneses won twice while Poland only once, so it is rather fair that they are above us). I can't understand what happened to Polish team in the 4th set against Italy - girls just stoppedt playing volleyball then :white:
    This tournament wasn't bad for Poland, but I think we didn't use oppurtunity and big chance for a success. This year the place in the "3" was easier then before. I don't know when we will have the chance like that...
    Kosek and Barańska were the brightest points in our team. Skowrońska - no comment :thumbdown: I think we have too few players on the same good level right now. The squad should be more equal, if we want achieve any successes.

Big congratulations to USA for their great result :super:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• Gael -

Lena retired from NT. In club she will play Trefl Sopot this year.

• Gael -

Lena retired from NT. In club she will play Trefl Sopot this year.

I know. The pun was intended. :) I think that Lena brought a lot of intangibles to the team that no stats can account for. I believe that she brought a lot of fire, energy and leadership to the team and I guess that is what is lacking in Team Poland. I guess a player needs to stand up from the Poles to bring about cohesion to the team. Anna Baranska may be this player and I hope she brings her strong WGP performance to the WC.

• Hehehe your post is just like most of mine - I always have lots to say about volleyball - I just love it!!! Agree with everything you said btw - but to add - For Italy - Ortolani stepped up as an ATTACKING force, bu the main stable influence behind Italy was Del Core, who was the best receiver in the league. Unfortunately they then had so many rotations when they had her as the only outside hitter, when the others - Barcellini (who needs to go out of this team!), Bosetti (keeps getting better, but needs to learn quick attack being so short), and Picinnini - they were all inconsistent.

Let's hope that Bosetti will be more consistent because she is one of the future main players of the team. :)

OK read it somewhere that Akinradewo is playing in Japan next season. 8o

Do you have the link? :)