World Grand Prix 2010

• What a shame and a disaster!! I just cannot believe what I see.

So, I am gald, that I'm still at work and I don't have to watch it... Cause I definitely would...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• What a shame. We have no confidence at all. Quite well substitution of Kaczorowska. Matlak lost the rest of his calm.

• POL had too many faults in serving and attacking, including several serving out (esp. in the 1st set) and at least 4 backrow attack faults.
    The total faults of CHN is 9 while it's 21 for POL, it's almost a set score.

• Like I predicted Poland Team is not stronger than in the past. No progress. The same level like in World Grand Prix 2004, 2005 etc.

• I would like to express my indignation at the points system adopted by the FIVB. Japan Times as always lose. Example: Japan can win every game by 3-2 and not be champion. Brazil loses to Japan .. But wins the rest for 3-0 .. And champion Brazil ..

• I would like to express my indignation at the points system adopted by the FIVB. Japan Times as always lose. Example: Japan can win every game by 3-2 and not be champion. Brazil loses to Japan .. But wins the rest for 3-0 .. And champion Brazil ..

And this mean that Brazil has better stablish form than Japan and Gold is for better Brazil. Good system.

• I agree with everyone in a way..hehehehe

USA x BRA definelty the best game so far!!!Great performance of both teams, and considering the importance of the game, both teams kept the good level, and made a incredible game for the public to watch. Congratulations to USA!!!! The american girls are in great shape, and still have so many out of the team, it is incredible how many options McCutcheon is making for the team...(just to imagine Harmotto is out now, and she did incredible in first tournaments....and if you think, in place of who she can enter???IT is really hard to think..heheh but I guess that is a doubt that all coaches want!!heheheh) Thought it is not decided yet, cause like many of you said, USA can have problems against China, wont be an easy game....I think would be the most fair if USA wan this title, cause the girls are just on fire, playing really well!

But I think Brasil still have shots....even without Maria and Paula, sadly injuried (Paula suffer a fracture in her feet bone after twisting her ankle, and will ahve to be out from WGP, but will come back for WCH for sure). I dont think Brasil will have much problems against Italy right now, not that Italy, like someone said italian girls looked quite exausted, and missing trainings, maybe cause of the fact taht they started preparation later, and maybe now the phisic is accusing, so I dont know they have streghnt to give much more in this final round, maybe a risk Barbolini knew he would take thinking in WCH. In other hand Brasil can have troubles against China in last round, specially if they beat USA.

So for me everything still open....USA, China, Braisl and Japan with chances of podium so far, in my opinion.

• Its nice that we have a wgp which goes down right to the last game of the tournament to decide the medals.

Its hard to believe that if China, who have suddenly grown in confidence, somehow beat the USA, esp 3-1, could end up winning, even if they end up with a 3-2 win against Brazil - which now looks quite likely given Brazil's unfortunate situation. In the same way, if Natalia steps up and Brazil win all the last games and USA loses even one game, then again it could all go down to the wire. remember the usa has won all games, but two of them they only got 2 points because they were 5 sets

I like the fact that all these possibilities exist with two more days to go.

Just on the overall quality- I think the women's game has really developed now, and to be a good team you now need a LOT technically. The back row attack is being used very well, the block defence and transition is excellent, defence is amazing for almost all teams and some of the attacking by the opposite players is really amazing. This is all good for the future of volleyball. There is also a lot of young talented players for the future, and a fight now to establish which is going to be the next dominant team. Bring in Russia (who are looking very good) and Cuba (also looking good and always dangerous), the world championships is going to be an amazing showcase!!

My best things about this final round so fart: -

I just want to also point out a very good player who is very underrated and doesnt get enough mention because she is not always banging the ball down - Antonella Del core. She has been a very good stable influence for Italy who are not playing very well. Her blocking and reception and scoring at crucial times is really good.

Akinradewo - amazing, definite talent

Best teamwork - Japan and USA, and they even match each other in defence - their match will be good to watch. special mention to Inoue the Japanese blocking machine and Saori Kimura who has really stepped up to be a leader in the team. Japan is a team that always used to create opportunities but their attacking always let them down, especially the lack of enough back court hitting players. That is now a thing of the past!

Jaqcueline - I have always thought she is overrated - but she has proved that she is a good attacking force. Ofcourse she is limited in terms of her skill, so she can get blocked a lot and make errors, but her power is amazing.

Chen liyi - Definitely a very talented outside hitter for China who will only get better. She has really stepped up after Hui got injured. Her physical conditioning is suspect - her defence and passing show this, and hopefully she can work on it. (in fact the Chinese team need to be faster in general)

anyone share the same? :) :S

• Firstly this is a great website thx for the trasletion too. :)

Secondly the WGP for Brazil is going not good at all. First Mari now Paula... not good. I hope they will be able to play in WC

Thirdly how much jinx has somobody be to have all this???:p

• I would add libero of Brasil Fabi!!!She did incredible game today!!!!!!!!!!Confident in reception, and extremely eficient in defense! She came back be the worrior inside court that I have missed in some games....and that is great to see. This final round is having a good libero battle...Sykora back in her great shape, for me she is one of the bests in the World...Merlo, though so young is playing amazing as well....dont even make me miss Cardullo, and that is hard, cause Cardullo is also great...Sano, dont knee words to say....and Fabi also betting back her shape. Zhang is also playing very well, though I didnt saw yesterdays and todays matches of China, in statistics looks she is doing very well.

• I would add libero of Brasil Fabi!!!She did incredible game today!!!!!!!!!!Confident in reception, and extremely eficient in defense! She came back be the worrior inside court that I have missed in some games....and that is great to see. This final round is having a good libero battle...Sykora back in her great shape, for me she is one of the bests in the World...Merlo, though so young is playing amazing as well....dont even make me miss Cardullo, and that is hard, cause Cardullo is also great...Sano, dont knee words to say....and Fabi also betting back her shape. Zhang is also playing very well, though I didnt saw yesterdays and todays matches of China, in statistics looks she is doing very well.

I agree with you. Though I didn't watch the last game of the round, I think this was a great game for the liberos. Sano had an excellent performance and I think she guided Japan to the victory. Of course Kimura and Inoue were important too, but Sano was outstanding. Merlo, who I thought was quite bad during Italy's games in Brazil, I thought improved a bunch, and is playing very well now. Fabi had her best game today also, she was a key player and thanks to her, the brazilian defense worked a lot. Sykora, I thought played a lot better against Brazil than against Italy. I think overall, even though USA had a tougher time beating Brazil, they played even better than when they faced Italy, 'cause they were a lot more challenged. They had to really step up in their back court skills, and that made all the difference, since they couldn't kill as much points in their block as they were used to.

On a worse not, I'm very worried about Jaqueline's condition right now. I think she was clearly best player of our League last season and she reached her best shape yet in the last 8 years or so, ever since she had bad injuries a while ago. And it's notorious how much she improved in attack, something I didn't expect at this level of her career at all. But unfortunately, she's been very disappointing in reception, which used to be her stronger point, imo. Right now I think she can handle the pressure against tall blocks and good defenses; besides, among all our attackers, I think she's the one who could synchronize her plays better with Fabíola. But her constant mistakes in reception are really taking her confidence away.

• I only pray that no player from Brazil gets injured in the match against Italy. May God bless Jaqueline, Sassá and Natália.

• After watching the defeat of Japan to Poland. I could see that Japan never entered into any competition as favorites. It is visible that only gets to play when the obligation is to beat the opponent. Against Poland it was the favorite and his players instead of calling the responsibility were inhibited.

• Well, Japan had a good run in WGP 2010 but I think they used up all their powers for the entire long tournament. They should have defeated Poland easily but I can see them being exhausted from doing battle after battle and beating formidable opponents one after the other. I can see Saori's swing tired and weary, their feet heavy unable to pick up bullet like spikes like what they did earlier in the tournament. However, congratulations Japan and good luck tomorrow against the strongest of them all USA. Japan is still a cool team to root for.... next stop is WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! :box:

• i'm so happy for this victory. we needed that like fish needs water. it's very promising win since we will play with Japan as our 1st match during WCH. but really if we would serve like today we can beat absolutly anyone we have one of the best service in the Europe and in the world maybe to bad we don't use it as often as we should :gone:

very good match by our wings spikers, they played really well specially Kaczor who was outstanding in this match. also Baranska is in fantastic shape i'm quite worried if it's not too soon but there 's still 2 months to work on it and maintain it

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• hope japan can still have a chance to win a medal....if ever they beat usa.....i cant believe what italy has been playing lately...it seems they lost focus and no spirit in their plays...hope they can fix this as soon as possible... ?(

• hope japan can still have a chance to win a medal....if ever they beat usa.....i cant believe what italy has been playing lately...it seems they lost focus and no spirit in their plays...hope they can fix this as soon as possible... ?(

I'm with you there. Really hope Japan can beat USA and get a medal. As it is, they depend on what happens with China/usa and China v Brazil. China who didnt look like they were really in contention, could suddenly now could win if they beat USA, and Brazil, or at least take both of them to five sets. Its all very exciting!

About Italy - Thats what happens when you dont play as a team for the whole season really. After Grand slam Champions, the starting 6 have been on holiday from the national team, now the chemistry is lost. The B team which has been playing all this time is now sitting on the bench, and only played the first week! Hope they get some real training in before Worlds.

• on another note - anyone know if Costagrande will be joining the national team for Italy for the world championships? I really dont understand why she doesnt play? and what about Martina Guiggi, anyone know why she is not in the team? There was some injury before, but I dont know if thats the whle story? :S