World Grand Prix 2010

• I just wish the various coaches of Seda Tokatlioglu would follow Matlak's example!!!

I agree with you Matthias.New coach is preparing new system he already invited Elif and Gülden to NT.Our Kosek is Gözde :lol: Seda has same problems like Kaczor huge attack very low defence :mad: Mehmet Bedestenlioglu is diffrent than Chiappini. Now we have no idea about new team everything will change.Turkey will be suprise and mysterious for other european teams in European GP qualification.New coach new system new players :lol: .I am waiting a roster like this Elif-Neslihan/Gözde-Neriman/Nesve-Eda/Gülden

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• One thing I have to say, Jerzy Matlak is a very smart man. He realized very quickly that it won't work using Kaczor as OH and receiving with two players. In my opinion Poland played much better with Kosek as OH and it leaves the chance to replace Skowronska when she has problems. I just wish the various coaches of Seda Tokatlioglu would follow Matlak's example!!!

Yes you are right..The receivnig with two players system is very risky..But Seda is different from Kaczor..Because she played OH in ECH 2005 and in Fenerbahce..Kaczor has never played OH before I think..And Neslihan is an amazing OPP..If Seda continues as OPP she wouldn't play in NT very much..Mehmet Bedestenlioğlu is our new coach..I think he will change our NT..First he called GÜLDEN and Elif to NT..Nihan won't be in starting 7 :lol: Mehmet Bedestenlioğlu was the coach of the teams which was the 2nd in 2007 Youth Worl Championship and the 4th in 2009 Youth World Championship..He would add the players from this teams..For example Neşve Büyükbayram instead of Bahar, Asuman Karakoyun instead of Pelin Çelik..I am waiting ECH 2011 for new Turkish NT.. :super:

• Congrats to Dominican Republic! Tough match

Next week's matches should be very important for the US. They have to win more matches in Bangkok compared in Gdynia if they want to qualify for the finals. So far the team is 8th and its still a long way to go.

I think Logan Tom will rejoin the team next week to stabilize that OH spot. The MBs, Opposite, Setter and Libero are all doing fantastic except for the OH so I think Logan Tom will be called...I miss her playing for the NT.

I don't know if you have known this but Destinee Hooker will be playing OH in Scavolini Pesaro next season. She also played OH her 4 years in University of Texas. I don't know what are the coaching staff's plan for her but switching her to Opposite seemed to be a very good decision... I think she's perhaps one of the (if not the) best opposite in the US as of the moment and she's still 22 years old so I think its a very sound plan. To the poster who said she's very thin...it may be because she's tall (6'4) but I actually see her body as more of a "lean" type.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I don't think Angelina Grun will be back in the German NT. Its time to give young players a chance and Maggie Kozuch is doing one hell of a job in the Opposite! She's fantastic!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• If you mean Bahar Mert she retired from volleyball long time ago :) Bahar Toksoy and Duygu Bal still in National Team.Duygu is much better than Bahar.Bahar is ace queen :lol: Duygu and Eda are my favorites both are well blocker and attacker but its really hard say who will play beside Eda??? Who knows :lol:

• If you mean Bahar Mert she retired from volleyball long time ago :) Bahar Toksoy and Duygu Bal still in National Team.Duygu is much better than Bahar.Bahar is ace queen :lol: Duygu and Eda are my favorites both are well blocker and attacker but its really hard say who will play beside Eda??? Who knows :lol:

Hmm..I meant 'Bahar Toksoy' the younger one :lol:
    Yeah, exactly. they 3 play really well, it's hard to choose who is better who is worse :thumbsup: but Hopefully Bahar Toksoy will be on the starting 7.

• Hmm..I meant 'Bahar Toksoy' the younger one :lol:
    Yeah, exactly. they 3 play really well, it's hard to choose who is better who is worse :thumbsup: but Hopefully Bahar Toksoy will be on the starting 7.

Lets see just 40 days left for European Grandprix qualification :thumbsup:

• Kaczor played as OH before, as I remember in Gwardia Wroclaw and in USA. However it was the same "hidden" OH.

• i still can't believe that Brazil lost to Italy that way...( w/o Lo Bianco, Gioli and Cardullo? wtf!) to think that most of their players are part of the 2008 Olympic Champions! even up to now setting is the main problem of Brazil, and what happened to their reception? Brazil used to be one of the best receiving teams in the world...if they continue to play like this i just wonder how they would fare against Italy and Russia (now that Sokolova is back, i believe they will once again surprise us all) in this coming World Championship.

• And I was really happy that Brazil lost with not the strongest (yet) Italy. I really hope that someone will break Brazil domination in female volleyball. However I would rather like Italy or China, maybe even Cuba than Russia.

• And I was really happy that Brazil lost with not the strongest (yet) Italy. I really hope that someone will break Brazil domination in female volleyball. However I would rather like Italy or China, maybe even Cuba than Russia.

This should be Netherlands :whistle:

• About this year China,Italy,Russia,USA can stop Brazil easily coz i saw without Lobianco,Gioli,Cardullo Italy beated main Brazil team :whistle: I cant see a strong Brazil around like past years.Brazil lost blood after Fofao and Walewska's retire.It will be hard for Brazil to reach Semi's in WCH like other years coz strong opponents like Italy and USA are waiting them in group matches.Lets see.
    This weekend China-Brazil match looks interesting :lol:

• Well, I think everyonealready knows that when is come to female volleyball, I dont support Brazil team, but I must say even if Fofao and Wal left we still have one of the strongest teams in the world, dont let yourself get wrong.

The team can be beated of course, like any other...in female volleyball how you are in the day is really important, how focous you are. But Brasil have a strong group with very experient players, pretty much all them were Olympic Champions, so, thought Italy won Brasil without main players (witch made me really happy for the italian girls), that is not something that will happen all the time, and also dont mean that Italy will win always if they play with first team. Brasil will be very well prepared in WCH, and thought I'll be supporting ITaly, and the european teams, there is a big chance of Brasil to become the World champions, cause it is a title Brasil still dont have. Like male team our first and second teams are pretty much like same level, and for that is really hard to beat Brasil.

• This should be Serbia, Turkey, China, Dominic Rep., USA or Germany..Because this teams have a group of talented players..Especially Serbia and Turkey have good players in junior teams!

The netherlands has a group of talented players as well ;) The only thing is they hardly got/get a chance, because Selinger unfortunately still favoures players like van Tienen, Chaine Staelens and Huurman... :hit: :wall:

• I agree with you flyingdutchman Netherlands need regeneration like other european teams except Flier and Wensink.I think Salinger needs think about it after WCH.