European League 2010

• chantava 16 points 20 years old
    nomikou 17 points 17 years old
    tsima 21 points 24 years old
    kosma and ivanova 17 years old

good luck!

• İ didnt watch the match.
    Considering the statistics
    I think we played bad.Naz doesnt look played well in the ratings.
    Neriman seemed to play well,Meryem not bad.
    Our middle players were terrible at spiking.Thats one of our main problems even in the main squad.
    We dont have a world class middle player beside Eda Erdem.
    Bahar is bad at blocking and attacking( She has been in the bench all year long)
    Duygu has also been in the bench all year long.I dont remember her taking a part in a match.
    Naz has played little.
    Fba all have played with Dricx as setter.

• After thrilling tie-break Spain claims first victory of 2010 campaign

Stats Photos
    Ayamonte, Spain, June 18, 2010. Spain achieved its first victory in the 2010 CEV European League after beating Israel 3-2 in the first match of the second weekend of the competition. It was an extremely exciting match, in which Israel was able to come-back from a 2:0 and force the tie-break. However, the Spaniards had luck on their side in the last set and scored their first triumph.
    Spain imposed an extremely effective pattern of playing in the beginning of the match, a system that took Israel by surprise. The sets by Patricia Aranda and the fast transitions to attack of the locals overwhelmed the Israelis that could do nothing but receiving a real whack in the opening set (25-12). In the second set, Israel shook off the rivals’ impetus and experienced an early recovery from the previous bash, as the visiting squad took a clear command of the second part of the match. The differences were growing in favor of the squad trained by Arie Selinger and it seemed as an easy path towards victory in the set for the visiting team. However, Spain signed a spectacular come-back and erased the differences, putting back the initial tie in the scoreboard, when the set was about to spire (24:24). The Israelis found themselves aghast against Spain tour-de-force and were unable to find solutions to stop the Spanish momentum. A block by Ana Correa gave Spain the second set 26-24. This was the changing moment in the game; Israel had not said its last word. The team trained by Arie Selinger maintained its system, despite the disappointment in both previous sets and staying focus in its possibilities, kept the leadership of the match in the third set. The spikes by Tatiana Artmenko gave to the Israelis the edge required to win the set 19-25. The fourth set was a repetition of the previous one: control by Israel, attempts to come-back by Spain, and ultimately, the Israelis imposing their system of playing. The team trained by Arie Selinger received the reward for its efforts, forcing the tie-break.
    Spain recovered the command of the match in the onset of the last set, achieving a brief advantage in the scoreboard. Israel recovered and put the tie at 10:10. The equalizer was maintained in the scoreboard to the limit. Ultimately the luck was on the Spanish side tonight. An attacking mistake by Israel was all Spain needed to put the final 21-19.

Results
    Spain vs. Israel 3:2 (25-12, 26-24, 19-25, 19-25, 21-19)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Greece and Turkey serve a "tie" in Patras

Stats Photos
    Patras, Greece, June 19, 2010. Greece celebrated the first successful result in this year’s CEV European League at the “Dimitris Tofalos” sports hall of Patras. The 3:2 win (25-19, 19-25, 25-21, 25-27, 15-12) against Turkey in Pool B of the competition came at the right point to give a psychological boost to the young players coached by Giovanni Caprara. The home team could have finished the game earlier, in the fourth set, but after three missed match balls, Turkey succeeded to win the set and stretched the game to the tie-break. In the end, though, it was Greece who gained the victory. The two teams will meet again on Saturday.
    Tsima was the top scorer for the Greek team, with 21 points, followed by Nomikou (17) and Chantava (16). For Turkey, Özsoy scored 19 and Boz 17. “I’m very happy for the win and for the performance of my players. They work very hard and I believe this result will give them the strength to continue in the same tempo” said Caprara. “We had problems with our reception and defence but we were good in our service and attacking skills. Tomorrow’s game will be even harder” he concluded. Alessandro Chiappini, Turkey’s mentor, commented: “We are not very happy with our reception in the match and couldn’t finish in a positive way our attacks. Greece’s block gave us a hard time but we managed to stay in the game due to our good service. Greece deserved to win but I think we learned our lesson and tomorrow things will be different”. The captain of the home team, Nikoletta Koutouxidou stated: “We made a good appearance and the result followed. We gain courage in order to continue the hard work. We have to be more careful in Saturday’s game”. Turkey’s captain Duygu Bal, concluded: “There was a good atmosphere in the sports hall. Congratulations to Greece. I was impressed with their service. On the other hand, we didn’t play well and hopefully we will be better in the next game”.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Turkey won the first set 25-18

Turkey won the second set 25-20

Edited 3 times, last by burak-ı naz ().

• Turkey won 3rd set 25-10 ..
    3-0
    cong. girls :)

• Greece and Turkey continue to share victories in Patras

Patras, Greece, June 20, 2010. Greece and Turkey continued to share victories and defeats in the double clash in Patras. On Saturday the odds changed for the women’s and men’s teams since the ladies of Turkey celebrated their victory against Greece with a 3:0 (25-18, 25-20, 25-10) where in the men’s tournament it was the hosting team that won in three straight sets (25-22, 25-19, 25-23).

In the first match of the day, Turkey scored an easy win against Greece’s women’s team, driving Giovanni Caprara furious with the performance of his players. “We had a disastrous day. I wouldn’t mind losing the game if we had fought for it inside the court. We made many mistakes in our service and reception from the beginning of the game. My players have to realize they have a long way until they are accomplished. If they don’t want to try, they can let me know so that I can leave on vacation with my family” he said.
    On the other hand, Alessandro Chiappini was happy with the reaction of his team, after losing on Friday. “We played better today. We made a lot of mistakes in the first game but this time we were better in service and reception” he commented.
    The top scorer for Turkey with 15 points, Özsoy said: “On Friday Greece was better and they managed to disorient us. Today we managed to do the same. We pressured them from the service line. Greece is a team that can accomplish much. They fought for every point but they didn’t have much luck today”. For the hosting team, Tsima scored 10 points.

Stats Photos

• Bulgaria kept their unbeaten record in Pool A of the 2010 CEV European League with a towering win over Great Britain

Bulgaria kept their unbeaten record in Pool A of the 2010 CEV European League with a towering win over Great Britain at the K2 Leisure Centre in Crawley. GB put together some impressive defensive play at times but took meager reward as Bulgaria had too much presence at the net and registered a comfortable straight sets victory. It leaves GB without a win so far in the competition but Bulgaria proved too strong from start to finish and did not let their standards slip as they took each set by the same margin.
    Bulgaria took control at the beginning of the opening set and some strong serving from Elitsa Vasileva took them to 7:3 before a fantastic hit from Lynne Beattie from position four cut the deficit.
    But Eva Yaneva produced an immediate response through four to give Bulgaria a four-point lead at the first technical time-out 8:4. GB never managed to eat into the lead in spite of some strong hitting from Janine Sandell and some clever play at the net by Grace Carter. Bulgaria stretched ahead to 17:9 when Diana Nenova provided the opening for Strashimira Filipova with the reverse set and, to rub salt into the wound, the pair combined with an identical attack on Bulgaria’s next point. GB was struggling to cope with the weight of Yaneva’s serving and the Bulgarians were strong in defense as they pushed towards the end of the set. Left-hander Emiliya Nikolova gave Bulgaria set point as she squeezed a winner off the block and it was left to another reverse set by Nenova for Strashimira Filipova to fire the final point and clinch the set 25-14.
    It was obvious that GB was going to have to produce something special to salvage anything from the match but, to their credit, they fought for every ball. Libero Maria Bertelli produced an exceptional pick-up to deny the second ball attack from Nenova but Bulgaria kept hitting GB from every angle. At the first technical time-out, Bulgaria led 8:4 in spite of some remarkable defense by the GB girls, who refused to give up a lot of cheap points. GB managed to get it back to two points but things looked to be going against them when Beattie hit what looked like a winner down the line but it was given out. Carter then thought she had put away a point with a strong attack through the middle only to see libero Mariya Filipova retrieve as Bulgaria built another point to take it to 12:6 and instigate a GB time-out. However, there was little margin for error. Beattie served into the net and then Rachel Laybourne was long with a middle attack before the impressive Vasileva penetrated the GB block and gave her side a 16:9 lead at the technical time-out. GB again produced stubborn defense in the best rally of the set but Strashimira Filipova demonstrated great composure to apply the final touch (17:10). The home team had to work for every point - Nichola Osborne produced a memorable block on Emiliya Nikolova - but Bulgaria had too much power in attack. Tsvetelina Zarkova took them to 21:13 with a power hit through the middle and shortly afterwards Yaneva brought up set point with a smash off the block. Still, the GB girls fought for everything - setter Lucy Wicks crashing into the advertising boards to retrieve one ball - but Bulgaria closed out the set 25-14.
    GB let their concentration slip at the start of the third set and was punished by the power of Yaneva and Strashimira Filipova as Bulgaria sped to a 9:4 lead before Rachel Bragg answered back with an accurate hit down the line. Zarkova‘s strength through the middle put them 12:5 in command as Audrey Cooper called a GB time-out to try and turn the tide. But it was 16:8 to Bulgaria at the second technical time-out as they pushed themselves to within sight of victory. There was a brief recovery by GB as they closed to within six points on a couple of occasions but a hitting error by Carter into the net took Bulgaria to 20:12. A communication error then showed the strain GB was under but Bulgarian coach Dragan Nesic called his first time-out of the match deep in the final set to ensure his team maintained their focus after losing a couple of points. Bulgaria brought up their first match point when GB could not cope with their weight of service and then Sandell put the ball into the net.
    Coach Nesic was happy with the performance of his young team, saying: “We have a very young team and we’re building for the future. GB showed a good defense but we did not play very well in the side-out and we need to improve on that if we want to compete against the likes of an Italian team or a Russian team in future. But I’m happy and tomorrow we must play even better”.
    Captain Yaneva added: “”We played our game and used our power, that’s all I can say.”
    GB coach Cooper stated: “From my perspective, the team fought right to the bitter end but I think the tenacity of the Bulgarian players was impressive. We had to work hard for every single point and the positive for me is that we did not give up. We have to be better in our service and serve-receive - we should be able to disrupt the Bulgarian serve-receive which worked well today”.
    GB captain Beattie summed up: “We’re obviously disappointed with the result but I can’t fault the determination and the effort of every one of our players on court today. We’ll take the positives from the match. Our defense was very good but it had to be against Bulgaria but if we can improve on service and serve-receive then we can cause them problems in the next match”.

Results

Women
    Great Britain vs. Bulgaria 0:3 (14-25, 14-25, 14-25)

Stats Photos

• Serbia outclasses Romania and stays fully tuned in the competition

CEV European
    League - Women

Smederevo, Serbia, June 20, 2010.
    The reigning European League

champions of Serbia beat once again this afternoon Romania 3:0 (25-19,

25-20, 25-23) after 78 minutes of play, in front of 2’200 spectators who

cheered for their team from the first to the last minute of the match.

Romania started the match much better than yesterday and got a 7:6 lead.

However, Serbia managed to win the next two points and go to the first

technical time-out leading by 1 (8:7). Then Maja Ognjenovic took the

things in her hands and set the play perfectly for her teammates, which

resulted in a 4-point lead for the home team at the second technical

time-out (16:12). Serbia slowly increased the pace and with good

defence, blocking and attractive attacks went on to 19:13, when Mr.

Zakoc asked for a time-out. The Romanian side managed to cut the lead by

half (20:17), but only for a short period of time because the host team

reinstalled the 6-point gap with the firm serving of Jovana Brakocevic

(23:17). At the end, Serbia won the first set 25-19, after 24 minutes of

play.

The start of the second set was all Romanian. The visitors went up 4:1,

and then 8:6 at the first technical time-out. The biggest advantage for

the visiting team was at 12:7. Then Sara Klisura stepped up replacing

Vesovic, and with excellent serving cut the Romanian lead to only 1

point (11:12). At the second technical time-out, the visitors were up

16:13. Serbia tied the result with the partial series of 4:1 (17:17),

and then the hosts took the lead at 18:17. The more experienced Serbian

players increased the advantage to finish the set at 25-20, after 24

minutes.

In the third set, Romania came out strong and went up 8:2. After the

first technical time-out the lead was even bigger (11:4), and then the

host team woke up and managed to reduce the gap by the partial run of

8:2, making it only 12:13 for the visitors. By the second technical

time-out, Serbia turned the result in their favour at 16:15. After that

it was only the matter of routine for the home side to finish the match,

which the host team did edging the rivals 25-23, after 30 minutes of

play.

The best scorers of the home team were this afternoon Veljkovic with 11

points, Molnar with 7, Vesovic and Bjelica with 6, while for the

Romanian team the most efficient ones were Muresan with 11 points,

Zaharia with 7, Albu and Onyejekwe with 6.

“This was a tough match today, a much closer than yesterday, but looking

at the statistics and generally speaking, I think that today we saw

less quality in play. I expected more from our side, but we played a lot

worse. In training it looks a lot better than on the court, and that’s

the reason I am positive that we can and we will play much better in the

future” said Serbian coach Zoran Terzic.

“We played a little bit better than yesterday, and Serbia was more

relaxed I think, maybe because of the easy victory in the first match.

We have to improve our game, we are doing wrong even the basic things,

but from what I have seen in these matches with Bulgaria and Serbia, I

am hopeful that we can do better. We have to practice a lot and in some

time I think that we can compete with the best teams. I would like to

congratulate Serbian team and I wish team success in the future”

concluded Romania’s mentor Darko Zakoc.

Results

Serbia vs. Romania 3:0 (25-19, 25-20, 25-23)

Click here

for more information including detailed statistics

Click here

for a picture gallery

• RANKING POOL A

Bulgaria 8
    2 Serbia 8
    3 Romania 8
    4 Great Britain 6

5.6.10 Great Britain- Romania 0-3
    6.6.10 Great Britain- Romania 0-3
    11.6.10 Serbia- Great Britain 3-0
    11.6.10 Romania- Bulgaria 0-3
    12.6.10 Serbia- Great Britain 3-0
    12.6.10 Romania- Bulgaria 0-3
    19.6.10 Great Britain- Bulgaria 0-3
    19.6.10 Serbia- Romania 3-0
    20.6.10 Great Britain- Bulgaria 0-3
    20.6.10 Serbia- Romania 3-0

• RANKING POOL B

1. Turkey 7
    Israel 6
    Spain 6
    Greece 5

11.6.10 Israel- Greece 3-1
    11.6.10 Spain- Turkey 2-3
    12.6.10 Israel- Greece 3-0
    12.6.10 Spain- Turkey 2-3
    18.6.10 Greece- Turkey 3-2
    18.6.10 Spain- Israel 3-2
    19.6.10 Greece- Turkey 0-3
    19.6.10 Spain- Israel 3-1

• This time a massive 3-1 win vs. Serbia. :dance6: I couldn't watch yesterday's thriller but I'm satisfied with the performance today. I very much like how Nenova fits the team, she digs really well. Maybe she should try to avoid passing too much ballls to Yaneva but for now it's OK. :) Great addition by some young players like Nicolova and Rabadzhieva - the future is bright for them. :win:

• Cong. Bulgaria Team for the win

Eva Yaneva and especially Filipova played very well.Filipova made 9 blocks :what: :thumbup:
    Eva surprisingly received well and Vasileva received very well as well.

İn Serbia :Veliçkoviç :thumbup: